Lego Group Reviews in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Updated August 7, 2014
Updated August 7, 2014
4.0

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp

Pros
  • Great benefits and company events equate to great company to work for people with families (in 5 reviews)

• The people there are fun and people are really encourage to be good colleagues (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • High demand, long hours, and although the benefits are good, the salary itself may not be (in 3 reviews)

• and being 'on call' for a part time retail job (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Employee Centric

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Lego Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very employee centric
    Lots of development opportunities, if you get time!
    Exciting times with the Global Agenda
    Strong total reward (salary, benefits and bonus)

Cons

Need to be more mindful of communication from CM, core messages can be lost in the downward cascade.
    Face needs to fit if you want progress
    Diversity, what exactly is the strategy, promoting employees into senior roles when they are not ready to meet targets.
    Some employees are allowed to get away with very poor behaviour

They should do a better job at achievements.

Working for LEGO doesn't really feel like work as LEGO bricks are keeping you company all the time :)

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Lego Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, lovely colleagues, cool products, crazy Minifigures etc.

Cons

I'm working for LEGO customer services in Slough. The biggest challenge is dealing with customers that were unlucky with an online purchase for LEGO sets. Especially when a LEGO set is sold out or wasn't delivered on time for their child's upcoming birthday due to miscommunication.

Keep it up! :)

Strong brand but bad place to work (only slough office though)

Former Employee - Online Marketing Executive  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Online Marketing Executive in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Lego Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you have your own children or relatives with children, then all of the sudden you feel loved.

Cons

No proper senior management. Very young managers sitting in UK office with no knowledge on people management.

Look closely what is happening in that small office.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, but not something to do forever

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Lego Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people there are fun and people are really encourage to be good colleagues. We were always allowed to build while on the phone with customers, and we loved it and so did the people we spoke to. LEGO is such a great brand, and the senior management team trust reps to make decisions. Many of the reps also hold university degrees.They were very accommodating to my personal circumstances.

Cons

Need to meet targets, when I left they started to move the focus away from quality and focus on quantity

A Fun place to work

Current Employee - CONSUMER ADVISOR  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - CONSUMER ADVISOR in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Lego Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

LEGO is very well respected brand and lots of people have a special connection with it, so the vast majority of people getting in touch with us are very friendly and just want to chat about their passion and are curious for what the future will bring.

Cons

You need to be able to respect people's fascination with all things LEGO. If you keep on thinking 'grow up, it's just a toy!', then this place is gonna get on your nerves after a while!

As with any job in the UK, the salary is rather low.

Expand the business to Eastern Europe

Worked for Lego Group? Contribute to the Community!