Leisure Care

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan B. Madsen

awesome experience

Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee)
Spokane, WA

I worked at Leisure Care full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgreat people to work with and great environment. also enjoyed talking to the residents.

Consthis place doesn't really have anything bad about it

Advice to Senior Managementno comment

The first job I didn't want to leave.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Leisure Care full-time

ProsFantastic environment and fun culture. I felt well utilized but not overworked. No drama. Mostly good communication in the corporate office. Opportunities to advance. Fun parties and good perks (food, travel, etc).

ConsDress code was a little sharp, which got old after awhile, but nothing to complain about. It was a little hard to get my ideas across to management sometimes. I got very little feedback about my performance. I could tell it was "satisfactory" at the least but its nice to have more information.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy are performance evaluations not standard? I could have used more feedback about how people thought I was doing.

Okay, poor wages

Medication Aide (Current Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time for more than a year

ProsGood start to health care field working as a caregiver or medication aide.

ConsThe pay for employees giving direct care is very low while the cost to live in the community is extremely high. The scheduling in the Health and Wellness department is all over the place. They have you scheduled to work one shift until 10:30 PM at night and then come in the next day at 5:30 am. Hardly ever two consecutive days off in a row, always island days.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must show respect to your employees by having them properly trained and giving consistent hours and schedule each pay period. If someone requests more training it shouldn't be immediately denied. The more respect you show your employees, the more they will respect you and you will have a higher retention rate.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Leisure Care full-time

ProsLoved loved loved this company. Community was sold so got a new owner (which has turned out fine). Loved the three thirds lifestyle and the five-star fun. Learned a lot. People are amazing.

ConsCompany supported great programs for residents and staff alike, but the building could benefit from some upgrades or updates which would eventually happen but took a lot of advising.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have always been supportive. Continue to do this and you will move mountains! Proud of all of you.

great training, support, salary, culture

Guest Services (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Leisure Care full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood company support,culture,training, and sales efforts

ConsPolitics ran rampant, and were allowed to florish

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and watch the political atmosphere

Long term employee who has fulfilled many different positions within the company.

I have been working at Leisure Care

ProsGreat opportunities for growth within company, management has significant freedom to run each individual community, wonderful industry to work in. Good benefits programs and opportunities to travel or transition to a different community internationally. Great people within organization to work with. Knowledgable business structure and an excellent retirement model.

ConsVery poor compensation in comparison to comparable positions, very "top down" run company. Little to no training structure in place for nearly every position within communities, and you therefore must be VERY experienced and self-motivated to succeed in any given position. Often fire at will.

Worked for Leisure Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leisure Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Leisure Care CEO Dan B. Madsen. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Leisure Care employees.