Leisure Care Reviews

Updated April 9, 2015
12 reviews filtered by
2.9
Dan B. Madsen

What was once an excellent company unfortunately developed ADHD

I worked at Leisure Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities continue to appear due to high turnover. Has had some brilliant playful ideas on how to make senior living fun.

Cons

In the years that I worked there I saw the home office continue to go into odd tangents...sponsoring a race car, contemplating creating communities in India, pour money into a travel company. What this boiled down to was that we had an extremely successful community (100%) that the owner never visited, the home office gpt redirected and ignored concerns of the residents and staff. Ultimately, a very bad hire for the General Manager position made key personnel leave, drove census down to under 80%, and in 5 years it still hasn't recovered.

Advice to Management

Decide what business you are in, and listen to your clients and staff. Walk the talk.

2. Activities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Leisure Care

Pros

NONE AT ALL, the worst employment experience ever!

Cons

They are ruthless and dishonest people to be employed by. Their word means nothing.
    They promised everyone, that they would keep their jobs at a takeover, THEY LIED, only
    four people remained, the rest were fired for no real reason at all. They are concerned about MONEY only, I would never ever want my parents in their care. A nightmare company to be employed by!

Advice to Management

Try telling the truth and getting rid of the hostile management!!!!!!

3. Beware

I worked at Leisure Care

Pros

The co-workers that are there for the right reason, which is caring for seniors.
    Meeting and interacting with incredible senior citizens

Cons

TOXIC NEPOTISM. Rampant gossiping and backstabbing. People that care about the seniors end up working till they drop, while some individuals only put up a show in front of management and corporate figures, then go back to their personal agendas.

Advice to Management

Put the focus back to where it belongs

5. leisure care community in Boulder CO

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Leisure Care part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful location and wonderful residents.

Cons

Very low pay, no employee break room, tiny med room without any ventilation, no place for us to go to discuss our jobs (private HIPPA protected information) put our belongings or eat. Management makes the resident assistants feel very unwanted. No cost of living raises or annual reviews so high staff turnover. Meal benefit is useless. The restaurant staff requires you to order what they tell you after the restaurant is busy and ready to close.

Advice to Management

Understand the importance resident assistants have for the overall success of the business and happiness of your residents. The only bonus is in December from the residents pooling money together rather than anything from corporate. They calculated mine incorrectly and there obviously isn't anything I can do because it is a gift not an actual bonus. Annual reviews, raises are unheard of for all resident assistants. That sends a loud message.

6. Great company.

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time

Pros

Awesome work place in Westlake Center. Leisure Care has an extremely fun culture. Your co-workers begin to feel like great friends and even family. Monthly happy hours.

Cons

Not all employees understand how the communities operate.

No transportation stipends like many other downtown companies.

7. Run....they are not what they say!

Current Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Originally they represent well. If you are young and good looking that's their thing.

Cons

After earning them a lot of money - you age - your done

Advice to Management

Shame on you ...greed is a horrible thing. Remember, youth isn't all it.... Preach 1/3 1/3 1/3 but have impossible expectations. You do not practice what you preach.

8. awesome experience

Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Spokane, WA

I worked at Leisure Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great people to work with and great environment. also enjoyed talking to the residents.

Cons

this place doesn't really have anything bad about it

Advice to Management

no comment

9. The first job I didn't want to leave.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Leisure Care full-time

Pros

Fantastic environment and fun culture. I felt well utilized but not overworked. No drama. Mostly good communication in the corporate office. Opportunities to advance. Fun parties and good perks (food, travel, etc).

Cons

Dress code was a little sharp, which got old after awhile, but nothing to complain about. It was a little hard to get my ideas across to management sometimes. I got very little feedback about my performance. I could tell it was "satisfactory" at the least but its nice to have more information.

Advice to Management

Why are performance evaluations not standard? I could have used more feedback about how people thought I was doing.

10. Okay, poor wages

Current Employee - Medication Aide in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Medication Aide in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good start to health care field working as a caregiver or medication aide.

Cons

The pay for employees giving direct care is very low while the cost to live in the community is extremely high. The scheduling in the Health and Wellness department is all over the place. They have you scheduled to work one shift until 10:30 PM at night and then come in the next day at 5:30 am. Hardly ever two consecutive days off in a row, always island days.

Advice to Management

You must show respect to your employees by having them properly trained and giving consistent hours and schedule each pay period. If someone requests more training it shouldn't be immediately denied. The more respect you show your employees, the more they will respect you and you will have a higher retention rate.

Great Company!

I worked at Leisure Care full-time

Pros

Loved loved loved this company. Community was sold so got a new owner (which has turned out fine). Loved the three thirds lifestyle and the five-star fun. Learned a lot. People are amazing.

Cons

Company supported great programs for residents and staff alike, but the building could benefit from some upgrades or updates which would eventually happen but took a lot of advising.

Advice to Management

They have always been supportive. Continue to do this and you will move mountains! Proud of all of you.

Leisure Care Photos