Leisure Care Reviews

awesome experience

Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Spokane, WA

I worked at Leisure Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great people to work with and great environment. also enjoyed talking to the residents.

Cons

this place doesn't really have anything bad about it

no comment

The first job I didn't want to leave.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Leisure Care full-time

Pros

Fantastic environment and fun culture. I felt well utilized but not overworked. No drama. Mostly good communication in the corporate office. Opportunities to advance. Fun parties and good perks (food, travel, etc).

Cons

Dress code was a little sharp, which got old after awhile, but nothing to complain about. It was a little hard to get my ideas across to management sometimes. I got very little feedback about my performance. I could tell it was "satisfactory" at the least but its nice to have more information.

Why are performance evaluations not standard? I could have used more feedback about how people thought I was doing.

Okay, poor wages

Current Employee - Medication Aide  in  Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Medication Aide in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good start to health care field working as a caregiver or medication aide.

Cons

The pay for employees giving direct care is very low while the cost to live in the community is extremely high. The scheduling in the Health and Wellness department is all over the place. They have you scheduled to work one shift until 10:30 PM at night and then come in the next day at 5:30 am. Hardly ever two consecutive days off in a row, always island days.

You must show respect to your employees by having them properly trained and giving consistent hours and schedule each pay period. If someone requests more training it shouldn't be immediately denied. The more respect you show your employees, the more they will respect you and you will have a higher retention rate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

I worked at Leisure Care full-time

Pros

Loved loved loved this company. Community was sold so got a new owner (which has turned out fine). Loved the three thirds lifestyle and the five-star fun. Learned a lot. People are amazing.

Cons

Company supported great programs for residents and staff alike, but the building could benefit from some upgrades or updates which would eventually happen but took a lot of advising.

They have always been supportive. Continue to do this and you will move mountains! Proud of all of you.

great training, support, salary, culture

Former Employee - Guest Services  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Guest Services in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Leisure Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good company support,culture,training, and sales efforts

Cons

Politics ran rampant, and were allowed to florish

Try and watch the political atmosphere

Long term employee who has fulfilled many different positions within the company.

I have been working at Leisure Care

Pros

Great opportunities for growth within company, management has significant freedom to run each individual community, wonderful industry to work in. Good benefits programs and opportunities to travel or transition to a different community internationally. Great people within organization to work with. Knowledgable business structure and an excellent retirement model.

Cons

Very poor compensation in comparison to comparable positions, very "top down" run company. Little to no training structure in place for nearly every position within communities, and you therefore must be VERY experienced and self-motivated to succeed in any given position. Often fire at will.

Worked for Leisure Care? Contribute to the Community!