Lender Processing Services

Updated March 5, 2015
2.8

Lender Processing Services President & CEO Hugh Harris
Hugh Harris

Pros
  • Great co-workers, most are very competent (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, good hours, good people in some offices (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises, no annual reviews, no 401k match, hostile work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Way too much gossip/lack of communication by management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

A lot of unknowns

Former Employee - Auditor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Auditor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ok pay and benefits. Can work remotely in some positions.

Cons

Bad reputation. Limited upward mobility. Low or no annual increase.

Promote qualified applicants from within and act like adults at all times.

LPS is a very great place to work. During my time there I am giving great opportunities and a challenging work.

I have been working at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Great work environment
    Lots of responsibility
    Positive employees

Cons

Long work hours
    Could be fired at anytime

Claims analyst

I worked at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Very casual working environment, flexible work life balance

Cons

A lot of managers

Refocus goals. Departments need to work together.

Senior Data Quality Analyst

Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large company with a nationwide presence and an established clientele. Generally a good work/life balance. Ample parking available in parking garage.

Cons

There is little opportunity for promotion and raises. Positions are rather rigid. New executive management is too micromanaging for my taste.

Good company and generally good people. There is a bit of a sweat shop mentality in some departments

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are generally good people working there
    Good middle management in the company

Cons

Expectations on what can be done any given day can be quite large.
    Pay is average for the postion
    Managers are spread way too thin and have too many direct reports

Don’t let the new name change fool you… this is still Lender Processing Services.

Former Employee - Property Preservation
    Former Employee - Property Preservation

I worked at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Cons

Here is an excerpt from the United States Department of Justice (2013):

Lender Processing Services Inc. (LPS), a publicly traded mortgage servicing company based in Jacksonville, Fla., has agreed to pay $35 million in criminal penalties and forfeiture to address its participation in a six-year scheme to prepare and file more than 1 million fraudulently signed and notarized mortgage-related documents with property recorders’ offices throughout the United States. The settlement, which follows a felony guilty plea from the chief executive officer of wholly owned LPS subsidiary DocX LLC, was announced today by Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida Robert E. O’Neil

Now after reading that, do you really think that they care about their employees?

My personal opinion is solely based off of what I experienced at the Westminster, CO site and is from that experience alone. I have to start by saying it is honestly the worst place I have ever worked. I am a very optimistic person too. I remained there for 4 years before resigning all the time thinking (being told) that things would change but they never did. They actually got worse. Over the years, we lost a lot of good people as a result. The management team is still in place however and they are still likely having meetings about having another meeting. I could literally write pages about how dysfunctional that place is but don’t have time nor want to give LPS / ServiceLink that much recognition. Instead, I will give you 5 red flags to consider before you join their ranks:

1. Lays offs: Lay off a number of people due to LPS's financial disposition. I can remember at least 4 in my 4 years.

2. Technology: Use and work in a application / system that was originally created for a different purpose meaning that it does not fully accommodate for many of LPS's current services. They also scraped a multi-million dollar / multi-year project to create a new system that would work.

3. Management: The managers / supervisors are chaotic at best. I won't even talk about personalities and traits (some quite scary) but will say that I don’t think that I ever had a manager / sup for more than 6-7 months before they were suddenly moved to another department. It was impossible to create good rapport or get any good feedback.

4. Opportunity: There is none. 3 of the 4 years that I worked there, the company was on a hiring freeze (external / internal) and a pay freeze. I had 1 face to face review in 4 years??? A 9 year veteran co-worker told me before I left that every move this person has made has been lateral with the exception of one position.

5. Training: The training is either ineffective or inadequate. A lot of the temps and newbies I talked with stated close to the same thing after getting out on the floor… "I got a week and a half or two of training, once I hit the floor, it was apparent that the training received had nothing to do with what I am actually doing and now I'm getting yelled at by the supervisor for it and it's not my fault." Personally, I can say for me, that most things I learned were due to trial and error not training.

What does this all equate to: stress, stress, and more stress.

The only good thing that I can say is that if you do work there then you will work alongside some the most genuinely fantastic people around. It's just a shame that the company and management team is soooooo bad.

None - would not do any good anyway.

Good learning experience, not much room for promotion

Great training
    Work from home

Cons

Very little chance of promotions
    Lay offs

Good People

I have been working at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Love the people I work with. We're like a family and could not find a better people to spend a day.

Cons

The pay is below average for a large company

Management should consider paying good employees industry standards. They can lose a lot of good people by not doing so.

It was good at first, then things changed.

Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I liked being able to do my work and being left alone tyo do. I work better when people aren't always behind me looking at what I'm doind.

Cons

In the 11 years I was there, I only received a raise 1 time. That should change.

Instead of just telling the emplyee they did a good job, I would reward them with something. Also, about days off, it should be first come first serve. Just because you had a certain day the year before should not matter. If you ask first, you should get it first.

Contract Analyst II

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home

Cons

Over titled Leadership with poor skills
    Long hours
    Ethically questionable
    Leadership spends way to much time at home

Lender Processing Services Photos