Lender Processing Services Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. It was great working there.

Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Work environment, team members, managers

Cons

training, outings, good otherwise. no more cons.

2. Was a very good company to work for.

I worked at Lender Processing Services

Pros

The work environment and people were very positive and upbeat. The location for me was a very good thing.

Cons

The upper management of this company was promoted, but they were very young, They were too inexperienced in their positions.

Advice to Management

They needed to start looking at leaders that had pretty good experience. Leadership had no clue on what they were doing or on any decisions.

3. A lot of unknowns

Former Employee - Auditor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Auditor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ok pay and benefits. Can work remotely in some positions.

Cons

Bad reputation. Limited upward mobility. Low or no annual increase.

Advice to Management

Promote qualified applicants from within and act like adults at all times.

5. Takes advantage of your hard work

Former Employee - Quality Control in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Control in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, coworkers are nice, work from home opportunity

Cons

Raises are difficult to get, got 1 in 4 years. Not much room for growth. Layoffs happen multiple times a year, get used to it.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees, dont just rely on them working constant overtime to make more.

6. LPS is a very great place to work. During my time there I am giving great opportunities and a challenging work.

I have been working at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Great work environment
    Lots of responsibility
    Positive employees

Cons

Long work hours
    Could be fired at anytime

7. Claims analyst

I worked at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Very casual working environment, flexible work life balance

Cons

A lot of managers

Advice to Management

Refocus goals. Departments need to work together.

Don’t let the new name change fool you… this is still Lender Processing Services.

Former Employee - Property Preservation
    Former Employee - Property Preservation

Pros

Cons

Here is an excerpt from the United States Department of Justice (2013):

Lender Processing Services Inc. (LPS), a publicly traded mortgage servicing company based in Jacksonville, Fla., has agreed to pay $35 million in criminal penalties and forfeiture to address its participation in a six-year scheme to prepare and file more than 1 million fraudulently signed and notarized mortgage-related documents with property recorders’ offices throughout the United States. The settlement, which follows a felony guilty plea from the chief executive officer of wholly owned LPS subsidiary DocX LLC, was announced today by Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida Robert E. O’Neil

Now after reading that, do you really think that they care about their employees?

My personal opinion is solely based off of what I experienced at the Westminster, CO site and is from that experience alone. I have to start by saying it is honestly the worst place I have ever worked. I am a very optimistic person too. I remained there for 4 years before resigning all the time thinking (being told) that things would change but they never did. They actually got worse. Over the years, we lost a lot of good people as a result. The management team is still in place however and they are still likely having meetings about having another meeting. I could literally write pages about how dysfunctional that place is but don’t have time nor want to give LPS / ServiceLink that much recognition. Instead, I will give you 5 red flags to consider before you join their ranks:

1. Lays offs: Lay off a number of people due to LPS's financial disposition. I can remember at least 4 in my 4 years.

2. Technology: Use and work in a application / system that was originally created for a different purpose meaning that it does not fully accommodate for many of LPS's current services. They also scraped a multi-million dollar / multi-year project to create a new system that would work.

3. Management: The managers / supervisors are chaotic at best. I won't even talk about personalities and traits (some quite scary) but will say that I don’t think that I ever had a manager / sup for more than 6-7 months before they were suddenly moved to another department. It was impossible to create good rapport or get any good feedback.

4. Opportunity: There is none. 3 of the 4 years that I worked there, the company was on a hiring freeze (external / internal) and a pay freeze. I had 1 face to face review in 4 years??? A 9 year veteran co-worker told me before I left that every move this person has made has been lateral with the exception of one position.

5. Training: The training is either ineffective or inadequate. A lot of the temps and newbies I talked with stated close to the same thing after getting out on the floor… "I got a week and a half or two of training, once I hit the floor, it was apparent that the training received had nothing to do with what I am actually doing and now I'm getting yelled at by the supervisor for it and it's not my fault." Personally, I can say for me, that most things I learned were due to trial and error not training.

What does this all equate to: stress, stress, and more stress.

The only good thing that I can say is that if you do work there then you will work alongside some the most genuinely fantastic people around. It's just a shame that the company and management team is soooooo bad.

Advice to Management

None - would not do any good anyway.

9. Good company and generally good people. There is a bit of a sweat shop mentality in some departments

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are generally good people working there
    Good middle management in the company

Cons

Expectations on what can be done any given day can be quite large.
    Pay is average for the postion
    Managers are spread way too thin and have too many direct reports

10. Senior Data Quality Analyst

Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large company with a nationwide presence and an established clientele. Generally a good work/life balance. Ample parking available in parking garage.

Cons

There is little opportunity for promotion and raises. Positions are rather rigid. New executive management is too micromanaging for my taste.

11. Good learning experience, not much room for promotion

I have been working at Lender Processing Services

Great training
    Work from home

Cons

Very little chance of promotions
    Lay offs