Lender Processing Services Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. It was good at first, then things changed.

Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I liked being able to do my work and being left alone tyo do. I work better when people aren't always behind me looking at what I'm doind.

Cons

In the 11 years I was there, I only received a raise 1 time. That should change.

Advice to Management

Instead of just telling the emplyee they did a good job, I would reward them with something. Also, about days off, it should be first come first serve. Just because you had a certain day the year before should not matter. If you ask first, you should get it first.

2. Contract Analyst II

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home

Cons

Over titled Leadership with poor skills Long hours Ethically questionable Leadership spends way to much time at home

3. Not enough clients to provide the work needed to support the staff.

Former Employee - Reviewer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Reviewer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A nationwide company and quality driven.

Cons

Shortage of clients to provide the workload to support the staff so that can make adequate salary.

Advice to Management

Get more clients that have sufficient work for the staff.

5. This place was awful

Former Employee - Appraisal Management Team in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Appraisal Management Team in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime. 5 sick days 5 vacation days 1 personal day

Cons

EVERYTHING they micro managed. I had six bosses who told me what to do which was always the same. Management and upper level people did not care about employees.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing

6. Management

Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management is very engaged with clients and make it a point to spend enough time with them to ensure the company understands their needs and requirements,

Cons

Sometimes senior management makes decisions with a short-term view in order to meet the pressure imposed by the quarterly reviews with the analysts.

Advice to Management

Remain focused on your clients

7. Stuffy company but many good people

Pros

Good people and fun external activities. Basketball & Softball.

Cons

Corporate, stuffy environment in office.

Advice to Management

Provide clear career paths and goals to employees.

Overall it's a good company to work for

Pros

The majority of employees have been there over 10 years. They definitely invest significant amounts of time and money into training and want their new employees to feel comfortable. They also invest time in team building activities that are actually fun.

Cons

If you have any kind of issues in your personal life (such as a child in daycare or a chronic illness), they are not sympathetic. They want the job to come first always and as such, the work life balance is null. Also, because many of the employees have been there for so long, there are little cliques and it can be difficult to fit in, which is even harder when you're trying to learn.

Advice to Management

Don't say what you don't mean. If you say, "we're flexible about X, Y, Z.", then you need to have that flexibility. Also, some managers protect their employees and some don't.

Business Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provided a job when I needed one. Met a few really great people. Transferring to other teams/groups can be difficult if the client or management doesn't want you to move.

Cons

I understand that this is a Software company and IT is all about supporting clients. With that being said, support contracts should be in place before implementation with a client. There were many nights where the client at 4pm says I need this in - and we must make modifications. These were not production issues. Management also expects weekend plans to be cancelled and do not understand - but 'I've already paid out $$$ and am unable to get a refund'.

Advice to Management

Any manager that understood work-life balance is no longer with the company. Figure out how to provide work-like balance. If an employee is required to work on a weekend - figure out how to compensate them. Salary should be comparable to industry.

Ok, if you are a total suck-up and don't mind working for a company without morals or ethics.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are desperate for employment, this would be an option. Last resort.

Cons

Cut throat business. It is all in how you suck up to management. Expected to shut up and do as you are told. Loss of independent freedom.

Advice to Management

Get management that walks the walk and not just talk the talk. Management flips on a dime. Don't expect for them to have your back, because they won't; those that have, are no longer working for the company. What does that tell you? No one stands up for anyone's rights here, it's all about doing exactly as your told to do and nothing else!

Great way to start work career, but a career dead end

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before the layoffs started, the environment was relaxed and a fun place to work. Supervisors were very encouraging and did their best to help out their workers. Work experience you gain is valuable because you interact with clients over the phone and via email. You also get office experience. It is very easy to get hired here. As long as you have a college degree, you are almost guaranteed to be hired if they like you. The potlucks we did were a lot of fun. Annual perks for employees include: free Pirates game, Thanksgiving dinner, and $100 gift card.

Cons

No pay raises whatsoever. Company had not given a pay raise for 5 years when I joined the company in 2013. You could see the effect this had on some people's motivation after a while. When work got busy, they would give out mandatory overtime. Company often seemed more concerned with numbers than quality of production. There is nowhere to move up the ladder in this company except for the few supervisor positions they have, and as a result, turnover was pretty high for an office job. When the layoffs started, the environment became tense and cliques formed among different groups of employees. Supervisors developed favorites but tried to fake that they appreciated everyone the same. (The only one who didn't do this was the document preparation team supervisor. He was probably the best manager/supervisor in the entire office because of how fair and genuine he was.) The manager of the escrow department would inform everyone during the layoffs in carefully worded emails that they were all safe while layoffs continued almost every week.

Advice to Management

Employees perform well when they are well compensated. As long as people know that they can earn a raise if they perform well, they will do so. I would advise giving out annual raises to all employees based on performance. Second, don't lie to the employees and tell them that their jobs are safe when if fact you have plans to lay people off.

RSS Feed </> Embed