Lender Processing Services

Updated January 26, 2015
2.7

Lender Processing Services President & CEO Hugh Harris
Hugh Harris

Pros
  • Great co-workers, most are very competent (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, good hours, good people in some offices (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises, no annual reviews, no 401k match, hostile work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Way too much gossip/lack of communication by management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company to Work for

Current Employee - Applications Programmer II in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Applications Programmer II in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time

Pros

I am learning a lot of concepts used in this mortgage industry and how it is implemented with technology

Cons

Company lawyers (immigration attorneys) are not good.

On site upper management/supervisors lacked interest in employees. Stressed out and impersonal.

I have been working at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Met some great friends. Great / affordable products offered to major lenders.

Cons

No raises/reviews/bonus. Stopped 401k match. "Mandatory OT or else".

Web Developer

Former Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some of the people there are good, some knows what they are doing

Cons

politics, politics - most of the middle management knows how to kick some good people behind but they don't know how to run the company

remove the middle management, people are leaving because of this (not leaving but getting fired)

Very Disappointed

I have been working at Lender Processing Services

Pros

This is not bad for a first job right out of college. It will give you decent business experience needed to expand your career. Easy to take time off. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

Management is very disorganized and it is very hard to grow within the company. Raises are non-existent. Always have to worry about yearly layoffs.

Treat your employees with more respect and you will also see an increase in moral and productivity.

Overall a good experience

Current Employee - Field Collector in Pine Bluff, AR
    Current Employee - Field Collector in Pine Bluff, AR

I have been working at Lender Processing Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I like that I can work my own schedule. I've done histories for three counties so now I'm just doing county updates; they usually pay my invoices in a reasonable amount of time. Since I don't work in the office (I work from home), I really can't speak to the ratings categories.

Cons

The position is a temporary one at a full-time level unless I can get more counties to update monthly. Also it can become redundant since the contractor is only abstracting documents. It is very helpful to have some experience with database entry and legal documents (deeds, mortgages, foreclosures, etc.). A lack of familiarity with legal terms used in real estate documents will slow down data entry and can result in errors and missed data.

I would look at providing better training if you are going to use people who do not have experience with legal documents. The training I went through was done when I didn't even have the notebook yet, so I could not go through the database while the trainer was going through the examples.

I had a very professional and interesting experience with LPS.

Former Employee - Field Collector in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Field Collector in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Lender Processing Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The best reasons for working for LPS was; being provide the netbook to work on, Being able to work independently and at own pace.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working for LPS was getting paid a dollar a document and the time difference when need contact LPS.

Good coworkers

I worked at Lender Processing Services

Pros

Made alot of friends and learned alot of new areas

Cons

Too many jobs being sent off shore

Lost 12 years of my life & hard work to a crappy company

Former Employee - Customer Service, Title Manager, Etc in McClellan, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service, Title Manager, Etc in McClellan, CA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The co workers - some of the hardest, loyal, most dedicated please I ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Cons

We were not employees - just cattle. Just a number. The way they treated employees was appalling; I know, I had the displeasure of being a manager myself and quickly gave it up. It disgusted me to see how they expected me to treat employees. I helped to build that company, and the appreciation I received was a layoff notice after 12 years.

Advice to the high rollers - have some value in your company by appreciating your employees and respecting their hard work and service. Laying someone off with no notice after dedicating hours and hours of time and hard work is not only disheartening, but downright inhumane.

ok till it got bought back by FNF and became Black Knight Financial Services

I have been working at Lender Processing Services

Pros

pays the owners and stock holders well. good at keeping everyone in the dark about what's going to happen while touting that the company is all about transparency.

Cons

you have to constantly worry that you are going to be replaced by your department's equivalent from another division, in the name of 'centralization'. Has zero value on the Human Touch in the workplace, thinking that any manager/product manager/front-line worker can be replaced by another who has zero experience in the industry.

I won't advise them on how to facilitate their plan of laying off entire groups of people while claiming to value their human assets more highly than their predecessors.

Better off working just about anywhere

Former Employee - Appraisal Management in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Appraisal Management in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Unless you want to work for a company that supplies cheap low quality real estate products that have scared the industry there are no Pro's

Cons

I spent almost 14 years at LSI / LPS working in the appraisal management department. This was a terrible place to work and I deeply regret all the time I spent there. It is a very poorly run company with out of touch management constantly making changes to operations when
     they have no idea what is going on. Employees are treated as random numbers at best.
    Every year there are two or three large layoffs when orders go down so you work in constant fear of being let go. Also, You can see first hand how cheap management company real estate appraisal hurt the industry.

Oh, and they quit giving raises about 8 years ago and send a letter out annually reminding everyone that you cannot get a raise.

Might as well just keep doing what you are doing being you are making tons of money. Its obvious you don't care about the market, your vendors, or your employees so why bother giving any advice

Lender Processing Services Photos