LenderLive Network Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Rick Seehausen

Pros
  • Perhaps a good business model could be one (in 3 reviews)

• The client list who use LenderLive year after year is among the best in the residential mortgage industry (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Possible lay offs without much warning (in 2 reviews)

• Treat you like an employee as far as rules go, but will use the fact that you are a temp to cut your wages, and you have no time off (in 2 reviews)

1. Senior Mgmt

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at LenderLive Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great concept, solid business model, very smart folks, good locations and facilities, and competitive comp and benefits.

Cons

Some updating and integration needed for core clients' processing systems

2. Not recommended

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at LenderLive Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have frequent openings, so it's not hard to find a job, at least if you are looking for an entry level position.

Cons

They hire a lot of people at once when the mortgage industry is high, then have massive layoffs when the work drops off a little during the cycling that's normal for the industry. Management doesn't do much except hold useless meetings until there's a problem (usually layoffs). There is a lot of favoritism, so good, experienced people are often laid off and lower-performing people kept.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what's going on with your employees, not just what time they're clocking in and out.

3. Shaky job security

I worked at LenderLive Network

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, overall decent place to work

Cons

Management was clueless, massive layoffs with less than a days notice

Advice to Management

Don't hide in your office all day, engage with your employees. Know what is going on around the workplace

5. Odd Mix of Professionals

I worked at LenderLive Network full-time

Pros

2-3 lines of business that made money and were run by competent people who cared about their job and making sound fiscal decisions.

Cons

I am not a fan of the mortgage business and working for parts of the business that were tied to people who did or close to defaulting on their homes was somewhat depressing for me. 3 lines of business sustained the remaining ones that were not making any money and reducing any level or profitability generated from the LOBs making money. Other LOB were not well managed, loaded with over-paid execs, lacked any real plan and managed poorly. Offices are decorated like a minimum security prison without even the most basic perks for employees; even a decent cup of coffee was unattainable most days unless you brought your own. Very 80s based culture of the workers and then the management.

Advice to Management

If they have gone this long without caring why would they now?

6. Good experience, nice people to work with

I have been working at LenderLive Network full-time

Pros

Lots of automation to do, good business model

Cons

Too many manual processes,

Advice to Management

More meetings between employees to really teach and present the business model

7. CSR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CO

I worked at LenderLive Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Start here to learn mortgage servicing then go else where

Cons

I would not recommend this company

Advice to Management

Management needs to know what is going on in each dept. Keep out of the corp office and walk the floor and let the employee feel comfortable having a conversation with you. Find out why there is a high turn over rate.

8. LenderLive employees rock this company!

I have been working at LenderLive Network

Pros

I have worked for LenderLive for more than six years! Like any large organization, nothing is perfect, but I love this company. The people are great, they pay well, and they put a lot of faith in us, the employees. We are not just a company of worker bees! Our management teams are well-trained leaders who listen to our ideas and our needs, and encourage us to strive for our best. Why would anyone want less? There are lots of internal programs geared toward the employees too. There is a big push to continue to make this one of the most sought-after companies to work for. So glad I am already here! I have to say, I couldn't believe some of the negative reviews I read here. But I guess there will always be disgruntled people in this world. And maybe there is a justified complaint here and there. But attitude and perspective play a big role in our happiness. I guess if someone is looking for a problem, they will always find one....it's the law of attraction!

Cons

Every company has growing pains, and in this industry, there has been a lot of up and down over the past 10 years. There were necessary layoffs because of it. But this company does't control our economy. And these layoffs were not done without regret. LenderLive has a reputation for bringing back former, hard-working employees whenever possible. That is awesome. The benefits are average. Wish they were better, but they aren't bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve open communication whenever possible. Communication is a common complaint in any company and just needs to stay top of mind.

Exciting and Growing Company - Disagree with the negative views

Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at LenderLive Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LenderLive is a company that is growing and an exciting place to be from my perspective. After reading many of the reviews on this site, I came to realize that the nature of this site attracts the more negative perspective. As a result, I feel I have to chime to provide a counter view. LenderLive is a great place to work if you want to truly impact the outcome and direction of a company. This is true for managers and individual contributors alike. It is absolutely a place where your career can flourish if you put in the effort. I have worked here a number of years now and witnessed many transitions and growing pains. Since I have worked at other small to medium sized companies, I understand that many of the issues here are related to growing pains. Those are good problems to have! I have also had the opportunity to grow personally and professionally at LenderLive. The training opportunities are great and I have learned many new technologies while here. My manager is encouraging and collaborative and is a big reason I enjoy my job. At the same time, we all are here to support a business that needs to make money though. I understand that and enjoy creating and supporting the initiatives that contribute to our bottom line. Lastly, since I am a manager, I have employees that work for me as well. I care deeply about their personal and professional growth and their success in the company. In know that their success and happiness fuels the fire for more success and great things. The attrition rate for my team is extremely low as a result. That means a lot to me as I know great talent is hard to find and keep. At the same time, I have had people on our team that are not a match for a variety of reasons. That happens and we adjust and move on. The bottom line for me is being a part of a great company that is growing and has great future potential. That exists here!

Cons

This biggest con is for people that are not used to working in a company that is experiencing rapid growth. That they expect a mature organization and one that has all of its processes figured out. Though LenderLive is making progress in those areas, there is still growth taking place. Personally, I think it is more fun to be a part of a company where things are still being figured out rather than coming into a place that is already running smoothly. Where does that exist anyway? If you are looking for a job more than a career, and a place to simply come to work, do only what is asked of you and go home, this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Do not underestimate the impact rapid growth has on the people in the company, both managers and individual contributors alike. Pause and recognize the successes, and keep doing the things that help the company grow.

10. Best place to have an idea and se it through

Current Employee - Have Enough Freedom to Act
    Current Employee - Have Enough Freedom to Act

I have been working at LenderLive Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my experience, Ihave been able to bring my 20+ years of experience and put it to good use; the executives are open to innovation. Tere are no politics or backroom gossip. The business model of 6 revenue streams that serve the residential mortgage from craddle to grave is genius.

Cons

No under the control of the company, but the ebb and flow of the mortgage industry has made it difficult to sustain the growth in all divisions.

Advice to Management

Train your managers!

11. I've been with LLN for over 10 years and have enjoyed the relationships and opportunities that have been presented.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CO

I have been working at LenderLive Network

Pros

LLN has committed to bettering the employee satisfaction, by way of the Employee Wellness and Activities Committee. LLN has a great road map for the future. LLN is one of the most flexible organizations that is committed to Client Satisfaction. In recent years LLN has hired some of the most well rounded senior management members who have a lot of knowledge in the industry. LLN is a leading company with regard to innovation. LLN is a growing company with a lot of opportunities for all walks of life.

Cons

LLN is a growing company and with that come challenges related to policy, procedures, morale etc... (nothing that hasn't or won't be overcome)! LLN is comprised of several divisions, which presents challenges with communication and implementation of technology.

Advice to Management

Continue on the road that we're on and propel our business forward to continue to be "cutting edge" and leaders in the industry. Invest more in the facilities that we occupy to create the environment we strive to create and maintain.

RSS Feed </> Embed