LendingClub Reviews

Reset
4.1
LendingClub Co-Founder & CEO Renaud Laplanche
Renaud Laplanche

Pros
  • Surprisingly good work/life balance and plenty of opportunities to make friends (in 4 reviews)

• The happy hours are fun and people are willing to hang out after work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains, constant policy changes (in 5 reviews)

• We're growing so fast, that we have to constantly move desks/work areas (in 2 reviews)

1. Great workplace

I have been working at LendingClub

Pros

I've only been on the job for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love everything that Lending Club has to offer. From my time here, I've learned to love the company, it's culture, and the people that I'm working with. What sets Lending Club apart from other companies is that they genuinely care about my success. I have weekly one-on-one meetings with my manager and we discuss my performance on the job, if I have any questions that I would like to be answered, and we also talk about any growth opportunities. There are so many options at Lending Club when it comes to moving to a different department, but my manager really helps me break everything down and discuss any possibilities. Everyone I work with is so kind and helpful, which is something that I appreciate because I am actually excited to go into work everyday. Working at Lending Club was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made and I would recommend anyone to apply if interested,

Cons

I can't think of any cons to point out. Work is work and of course there will be some cons, but the pros outweigh the cons for me in this case.

2. Highy recommend! Fun, successful, and best work environment!!!

I have been working at LendingClub

Pros

Working at Lending Club is a pretty exciting environment, lots of company events and 100% free benefits and free open kitchen and barista! 98% of employees are super friendly, and welcoming. 99% of managers are supportive and professional. Love how the company emphasizes on growth and helping employees achieving his/her career goals.

Cons

Don't work here unless you are some what into finanance or interested in learning about how we help people.

The Best Club I

I have been working at LendingClub

Pros

LC is the place to be if you want to be challenged and inspired to make a real difference. I started at LC about 2 years ago and over the course of my time here I've been given a lot of opportunity to work on new projects and gain experiences that have allowed me to grow and get promoted into new roles. I like that I continue to stay motivated and challenged every day with the teams I work with. LC is also awesome because they provide employees benefits that you can't get at a lot of other companies. The downtown SF location, office space is cool (mini golf, on site cafe/barista, etc. etc.) spa, health benefits, etc. We're also continuing to always expand these perks. Most recently we added an arcade room and a BAR. The people here are the friendliest you'll find at a company that is fast growing with a "get it done" attitude. While everyone is hard working and focused on getting the best outcome possible, you'll see that everyone does it with a positive attitude.

Cons

Lending Club has a mixture of finance and tech people, young and old, which makes us interesting, but also sometimes difficult to sometimes integrate work styles.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire talent that inspires the company and grow the current talent.

Awesome company culture, perks, and mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LendingClub (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company i've ever joined! Everyday I am amazed by the company culture - people are constantly smiling, super welcoming, and willing to help! It's amazing that the CEO, Renaud, is putting a lot of effort into keeping this strong company culture. For example, LC just installed a Happy Hours every Tuesday - Thursday with beer and wine on tap. Every month we have a "Hello my name is__" so we can get to know the rest of the company. LC is growing so rapidly. it's nice seeing the other teams! During the orientation, they really try to drill in the mission of the company so that everyone understands that we have one common goal - it's great! We also have a free onsite barista, free massages, spa room, manicures, sleep pods, amazing benefits, and a free gym membership!

Cons

We are growing so rapidly that it is difficult to know everyone in the company, but it's nice that there are company HHs to help us get to know the new people.

Advice to Management

HR is always pushing management to set 1:1 meetings so that employees understand our goals and to help with anything that is troubling. They've been doing a great job! Thanks management!

loving this place...

I have been working at LendingClub

Pros

Great office vibe and ammenities. Company does a great job communicating goals to employees. Leadership is transparant. Company is open to new ideas. Although we are growing fast, still feels like I can make an impact.

Cons

If you're not in to rapid growth, this place isn't for you!

Advice to Management

Keep communicating. Keep being approachable.

Awesome opportunities and growth

I have been working at LendingClub

Pros

The saying, "It's not where you're at, it's who you're with" definitely rings true because of the wonderful people I work with. Aside from having awesome co-workers, LendingClub takes great care of their employees; some perks to working here include stock options, great insurance coverage, free snacks, and happy hour! You get weekly meetings with your supervisor in which you're able to plan out career paths as well as discuss how you're doing in your position with the company. I feel so much support from all the supervisors within my department. The management team here truly does their best to be advocates for employees under their care. I have seen a great number of improvements since I have started my position with LendingClub. Many of these changes/improvements started out as suggestions from employees. Yes, the big people around here actually listen! I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day!

Cons

The company is constantly growing so often times changes are implemented on a weekly basis.

Lucky to have opportunity to work at Lending Club

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LendingClub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, great teams, amazing people, lots of opportunity to learn. Good benefits & lots of perks(Massages, Yoga, Game Room(s) & list goes on) within the company.

Cons

Didn't came accross or cannot think of anything so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great company !

Lending Club is not what you think

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LendingClub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great perks here like free stocked food and coffee. Great that they want to try and make work life good while you're there

Cons

This place is an utter mess. The technology team is severely lacking in expertise and good luck with trying to get something automated. Loans are frequently mishandled and management is really poor. I'd like to speak higher of my experience but don't let the rosy picture that is painted fool you. This model is not sustainable. Take it from a former insider.

Advice to Management

You should try to meet less and do more. Everything cannot be addressed by meeting every hour about something. Roll up your sleeves and find out what's going on. Stop looking at the clouds when all you need to see is right in front of your eyes.

Credit Specialist

I have been working at LendingClub

Pros

Stock Option, Great people, fully stocked kitchens, A lot of OT offerred , Referral bonuses, ping pong, shuffle board

Cons

None that i could think of right now. Good Job Lending club. One of the best places i've worked out of school

Downward Spiral

Current Employee - Hourly Employee
    Current Employee - Hourly Employee

I have been working at LendingClub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- perks: Free insurance, free drinks, free snacks, game room, spa and on site barista -management: your manager will most likely do your work and not micro manage

Cons

-little or minimum pay raise -you will work harder than your rate of pay -used to be have a good work-life balance, not anymore -power trip in some departments -does not value their employees as much as before, now they see you as a number -minimum paid time off (hourly employees)

Advice to Management

Funny how most of these posts sound like only one person made them. In my honest opinion, if you are in operations, you will most likely be in the losing end. Management, you should make your employees feel more valued and less like a number. You have shown, in the last few months, that you will just replace us with outside hires. Increase in pay and more vacation time will help, operations do so much over time anyway. Instead of hiring outside, discover and hire talent from inside who know and will work for the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed