LendingTree Reviews

Doug Lebda

Great Place!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to work. I've worked at LendingTree over two years and have had a very positive experience. HR really wants you to enjoy coming to work with both perks (catered lunches, free bagels, workout room, trainer, etc.) and general career development. Big enough where you have some room to grow but not so big you don't know what is going on.

Cons

From what I know, at one time the atmosphere wasn't ideal - but things have sense turned around and any complaints are really heard out and worked on.

All in all, a great place to work

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

Of course everything, ultimately, depends on your direct manager. I have had some better, some worse, but ultimately the expectation on you is to execute and you are given license to get where you need to be, HOW you want to get there. I have found this freedom to be the most rewarding thing about the job.

The company, too, is very employee and family-centric. This is a very valuable trait. From renting out a movie theater for families to bring their kids to watch a Christmas movie, to renting out the outfield picnic area at Knights baseball game, any time a company shows that it values its employees by creating opportunities to spend time with your family is going to be a big winner in my book. No place is perfect, but the upside, here, is very good.

Cons

Bottom line is you are likely going to get paid more elsewhere. This company leverages its brand name, and the fact that experience on your resume is going to look great WITH this brand name to act as value in lieu of pay comparable to other companies in the industry.

My advice to the executive management would be on leadership. In my experience, I have found the greatest leaders to be the ones who surrounded themselves with a diverse group of opinions. I have found that often times the focus here seems to be on hiring people who all think the same way. I believe there is a tremendous benefit in people who will challenge conventional thought. A true leader, in my opinion, will allow themselves to be challenged, then make a decision based on those diverse opinions rather than simply looking for people with whom they are always in agreement.

Love Working Here

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LendingTree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been here for over three years now and I enjoy it very much. I've had a long career so I've been exposed to a number of companies' cultures and values, and I have never been in such a well-balanced environment. The company hires bright, professional people and empowers them to succeed in an environment of openness and transparency, customer focus, teamwork, creativity, and a data-driven quest for learning.

Cons

The workforce is spread out between a California office, remote employees, and headquarters in North Carolina, though the company works hard to keep the company unified and not divided by geography.

Work hard to keep the small-company, start-up feel as strong as ever even as the company grows.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok

I worked at LendingTree

Pros

It was just okay. Learned a bit.

Cons

Mundane meetings, little contact between branches.

Pruning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a great manager. He trusted my skills set and did not micro manage me or the team.

Cons

There wer too many people in decision making positions that had no right or experience doing so. The typical fast past of a dot com often ground to down to long, indecisive and safe decision making.

There is new management there, and perhaps things are better. My advise - don't be afraid to go big, go bold and at least try things! Does not work, take it down and hit it again! Trust your employees more.

A letdown

I have been working at LendingTree

Pros

Charlotte office seems like its a much better environment than Burlingame office.

Cons

- Some people in the marketing team are outright fools
    - Pettiness
    - Politics
    - Other bs
    - Every single day I ask myself how certain people were ever promoted
    - Some people ruin it for everyone

Don't be afraid to fire marketing managers who don't meet your goals.

Decent place to work

I worked at LendingTree as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Best part about this company was not having to dress up. Wear jeans and tennis shoes every day if you want or have a beer after work if you feel like it. Coworkers were friendly and helpful.

Cons

Can't list much since I wasn't there long but they don't hire full timers for entry level development positions. Also the daily meetings are a bit mundane.

Some positives, Negatives far outweighed for me

Former Employee - Banker  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Banker in Louisville, KY

I worked at LendingTree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Healthcare plan
    Locations
    managers care, hands are often tied w higher level management and company objectives

Cons

Do not care about employees
    Do not care about clients
    Only care about the companies objectives/gains

May be my favorite place to have worked, wish I was still there.

I worked at LendingTree full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the culture there! as many stated before me, they have a work hard play hard culture that I really enjoyed. I was employed when the economy wasn't that great and a lot of long time employee's were at their breaking points and complained a lot.

As a new hire, I enjoyed what they tried to do and even though a lot things were cut out and put on hold, the perks that were still in effect made the place enjoyable. I can only imagine how much enjoyment I wouldve gotten from Lendingtree in a good economy!

Also there were lots of opportunities to gain experience in areas beyond your position if you put in the effort.

Cons

Pay was a little low and there was a pay increase freeze when I was there. Also people were getting laid off almost daily (more due to the economy than the company) which made things scary every day.

I had no problems with management...Hire me again I guess I would say

Great business model at first - fairly irrelevant now

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location is convenient to highway

Cons

"When banks compete, you win" is something that was innovative at one time. Now, there are many competitors and copycats. It seems LendingTree is just a big lead generation affiliate for the banks and is only valuable when the banks need more leads. Right now, they don't need LendingTree.

Worked for LendingTree? Contribute to the Community!