LendingTree

Doug Lebda

The Best of Both!

Current Employee - Relationship & Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Relationship & Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not your typical company, but with all the perks! We work hard and have a fun time while doing it. Wear what you would like to work and no one minds so long as work continues in an efficient manner. Benefits are great and VERY flexible with vacation time. Management maintains clear visibility on all company initiatives and helps in whatever they can. Opportunity for growth and achievement and an overall relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Limited resources on IT efforts can make projects and meeting deadlines an issue. Unless you push to make it known you would like more to do or learn new things you will stay where you are at.

9 years an employee and I love my job and employer

Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a true throwback to the Dot Com days. I wear flip flops and shorts 5 days/week when the weather permits. There are constant opportunities to be involved in projects outside of your personal role/bubble. In a sales role, it's great that I'm not just punching a clock but am looked at to just get my job done, exceed my goals and excel.

Cons

Meetings about previous meetings and meetings to plan the next meetings. It is what it is, I guess.

Overall, LendingTree has been a fabulous place to work that has empowered me to do great things!

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Great work-life balance
    * Very well known brand
    * Entrepreneurial environment
    * No PTO policy, gym and full time trainer on staff, lunch supplied every day at low cost to employees, laid back dress code, etc.
    * Direct contact with senior management & CEO

Cons

* Compensation
    * Heavy reliance on mortgage business; however, they are really making it a top priority to diversify the brand into other areas beyond mortgage

Awesome place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

LendingTree really is a great place to work. Employees are empowered and given freedom to work on their own initiatives. Everyone's opinion is heard and valued, and there aren't a ton of office politics to stand in the way of advancing your career. It's a "take the ball and run with it" company where you really drive your won career progression.

There are a ton of perks at LendingTree, including a full gym and personal trainer on-site, free bagel Fridays, daily catered lunches, fully stocked beer fridge with loads of craft beer and two kegs, and popcorn every day at 3. These perks aren't there for show. Employees are encouraged to and actually do use them regularly. It is a casual atmosphere but remains fast-paced and focused on growth and driving results. Employees here have a great work-life balance and despite all the fun and beer, it is a company that really includes employees' families and hosts after-hours events where significant others and kids are very welcome.

Cons

The company has two offices, one in Charlotte and one in California, along with many remote employees. This is a both a pro, since it is great that the company is so flexible, and a con, since it can be difficult to schedule meetings and calls when spanning many time zones.

Also, a few years ago the company had struggled a lot, but it seems to have changed completely since then. When reading reviews, keep in mind when they were written. The older ones are referring to a company that was completely different from what it is today.

Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with LendingTree for over 3 years now and have loved every minute of my experience here! My mangers have been in tune with my career development and what I am looking to do in the future and have helped me achieve that. HR seems very focused on making sure the employees are enjoying their time at work and have provided employees with great perks such as a personal trainer and workout room on site, free bagels, catered lunches, and the ability to have a beer with coworkers out of their two kegs. The company, while having a big brand name, is not a place where you're "just a number" and you're going to get lost. Upper management takes time to listen to you and cares about what you're doing and who you are. Overall, a great place to further your career with a group of hardworking and intelligent people! Wonderful Culture!

Cons

We do run very lean and there can be times when things are stressful, however the amount of productivity that comes out of LendingTree and it's employees is astounding!

Great Place!

Current Employee - Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great place to work. I've worked at LendingTree over two years and have had a very positive experience. HR really wants you to enjoy coming to work with both perks (catered lunches, free bagels, workout room, trainer, etc.) and general career development. Big enough where you have some room to grow but not so big you don't know what is going on.

Cons

From what I know, at one time the atmosphere wasn't ideal - but things have sense turned around and any complaints are really heard out and worked on.

All in all, a great place to work

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

Of course everything, ultimately, depends on your direct manager. I have had some better, some worse, but ultimately the expectation on you is to execute and you are given license to get where you need to be, HOW you want to get there. I have found this freedom to be the most rewarding thing about the job.

The company, too, is very employee and family-centric. This is a very valuable trait. From renting out a movie theater for families to bring their kids to watch a Christmas movie, to renting out the outfield picnic area at Knights baseball game, any time a company shows that it values its employees by creating opportunities to spend time with your family is going to be a big winner in my book. No place is perfect, but the upside, here, is very good.

Cons

Bottom line is you are likely going to get paid more elsewhere. This company leverages its brand name, and the fact that experience on your resume is going to look great WITH this brand name to act as value in lieu of pay comparable to other companies in the industry.

My advice to the executive management would be on leadership. In my experience, I have found the greatest leaders to be the ones who surrounded themselves with a diverse group of opinions. I have found that often times the focus here seems to be on hiring people who all think the same way. I believe there is a tremendous benefit in people who will challenge conventional thought. A true leader, in my opinion, will allow themselves to be challenged, then make a decision based on those diverse opinions rather than simply looking for people with whom they are always in agreement.

Love Working Here

Current Employee - Vice President in Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been here for over three years now and I enjoy it very much. I've had a long career so I've been exposed to a number of companies' cultures and values, and I have never been in such a well-balanced environment. The company hires bright, professional people and empowers them to succeed in an environment of openness and transparency, customer focus, teamwork, creativity, and a data-driven quest for learning.

Cons

The workforce is spread out between a California office, remote employees, and headquarters in North Carolina, though the company works hard to keep the company unified and not divided by geography.

Work hard to keep the small-company, start-up feel as strong as ever even as the company grows.

Ok

I worked at LendingTree

Pros

It was just okay. Learned a bit.

Cons

Mundane meetings, little contact between branches.

Pruning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a great manager. He trusted my skills set and did not micro manage me or the team.

Cons

There wer too many people in decision making positions that had no right or experience doing so. The typical fast past of a dot com often ground to down to long, indecisive and safe decision making.

There is new management there, and perhaps things are better. My advise - don't be afraid to go big, go bold and at least try things! Does not work, take it down and hit it again! Trust your employees more.