LendingTree Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Overall, LendingTree has been a fabulous place to work that has empowered me to do great things!

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Great work-life balance * Very well known brand * Entrepreneurial environment * No PTO policy, gym and full time trainer on staff, lunch supplied every day at low cost to employees, laid back dress code, etc. * Direct contact with senior management & CEO

Cons

* Compensation * Heavy reliance on mortgage business; however, they are really making it a top priority to diversify the brand into other areas beyond mortgage

2. Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with LendingTree for over 3 years now and have loved every minute of my experience here! My mangers have been in tune with my career development and what I am looking to do in the future and have helped me achieve that. HR seems very focused on making sure the employees are enjoying their time at work and have provided employees with great perks such as a personal trainer and workout room on site, free bagels, catered lunches, and the ability to have a beer with coworkers out of their two kegs. The company, while having a big brand name, is not a place where you're "just a number" and you're going to get lost. Upper management takes time to listen to you and cares about what you're doing and who you are. Overall, a great place to further your career with a group of hardworking and intelligent people! Wonderful Culture!

Cons

We do run very lean and there can be times when things are stressful, however the amount of productivity that comes out of LendingTree and it's employees is astounding!

3. Great Place!

Current Employee - Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to work. I've worked at LendingTree over two years and have had a very positive experience. HR really wants you to enjoy coming to work with both perks (catered lunches, free bagels, workout room, trainer, etc.) and general career development. Big enough where you have some room to grow but not so big you don't know what is going on.

Cons

From what I know, at one time the atmosphere wasn't ideal - but things have sense turned around and any complaints are really heard out and worked on.

Love Working Here

Current Employee - Vice President in Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been here for over three years now and I enjoy it very much. I've had a long career so I've been exposed to a number of companies' cultures and values, and I have never been in such a well-balanced environment. The company hires bright, professional people and empowers them to succeed in an environment of openness and transparency, customer focus, teamwork, creativity, and a data-driven quest for learning.

Cons

The workforce is spread out between a California office, remote employees, and headquarters in North Carolina, though the company works hard to keep the company unified and not divided by geography.

Advice to Management

Work hard to keep the small-company, start-up feel as strong as ever even as the company grows.

All in all, a great place to work

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

Of course everything, ultimately, depends on your direct manager. I have had some better, some worse, but ultimately the expectation on you is to execute and you are given license to get where you need to be, HOW you want to get there. I have found this freedom to be the most rewarding thing about the job. The company, too, is very employee and family-centric. This is a very valuable trait. From renting out a movie theater for families to bring their kids to watch a Christmas movie, to renting out the outfield picnic area at Knights baseball game, any time a company shows that it values its employees by creating opportunities to spend time with your family is going to be a big winner in my book. No place is perfect, but the upside, here, is very good.

Cons

Bottom line is you are likely going to get paid more elsewhere. This company leverages its brand name, and the fact that experience on your resume is going to look great WITH this brand name to act as value in lieu of pay comparable to other companies in the industry.

Advice to Management

My advice to the executive management would be on leadership. In my experience, I have found the greatest leaders to be the ones who surrounded themselves with a diverse group of opinions. I have found that often times the focus here seems to be on hiring people who all think the same way. I believe there is a tremendous benefit in people who will challenge conventional thought. A true leader, in my opinion, will allow themselves to be challenged, then make a decision based on those diverse opinions rather than simply looking for people with whom they are always in agreement.

Ok

Pros

It was just okay. Learned a bit.

Cons

Mundane meetings, little contact between branches.

8. Pruning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great manager. He trusted my skills set and did not micro manage me or the team.

Cons

There wer too many people in decision making positions that had no right or experience doing so. The typical fast past of a dot com often ground to down to long, indecisive and safe decision making.

Advice to Management

There is new management there, and perhaps things are better. My advise - don't be afraid to go big, go bold and at least try things! Does not work, take it down and hit it again! Trust your employees more.

9. A letdown

Pros

Charlotte office seems like its a much better environment than Burlingame office.

Cons

- Some people in the marketing team are outright fools - Pettiness - Politics - Other bs - Every single day I ask myself how certain people were ever promoted - Some people ruin it for everyone

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to fire marketing managers who don't meet your goals.

10. Some positives, Negatives far outweighed for me

Former Employee - Banker in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Banker in Louisville, KY

I worked at LendingTree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthcare plan Locations managers care, hands are often tied w higher level management and company objectives

Cons

Do not care about employees Do not care about clients Only care about the companies objectives/gains

11. May be my favorite place to have worked, wish I was still there.

I worked at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture there! as many stated before me, they have a work hard play hard culture that I really enjoyed. I was employed when the economy wasn't that great and a lot of long time employee's were at their breaking points and complained a lot. As a new hire, I enjoyed what they tried to do and even though a lot things were cut out and put on hold, the perks that were still in effect made the place enjoyable. I can only imagine how much enjoyment I wouldve gotten from Lendingtree in a good economy! Also there were lots of opportunities to gain experience in areas beyond your position if you put in the effort.

Cons

Pay was a little low and there was a pay increase freeze when I was there. Also people were getting laid off almost daily (more due to the economy than the company) which made things scary every day.

Advice to Management

I had no problems with management...Hire me again I guess I would say

RSS Feed </> Embed