Lennar Reviews

Reset
2.7
Lennar President, CEO, and Director Stuart A. Miller
Stuart A. Miller

Pros
  • great place to learn how to build a home (in 5 reviews)

• Company culture, local managers, co-workers (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management could not possibly be allowed to truly have any integrity or real character they must become callus and lie at the drop of a hat (in 7 reviews)

• Each for himself company culture (in 3 reviews)

1. Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Lennar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Room for growth in various departments, full benefits and good pay. Management is run tightly and the corporate flow makes sense. The company held well through years of downturns and came through strong as a public corporation. Associates can make a career out of working with Lennar.

Cons

The corporate office is in Miami, Florida and depending on if the division you support is national, sometimes you can get lost in the shuffle. Hopefully the homebuilding industry is truly back and Lennar can be done with the layoffs, so that positions are once again secure.

Advice to Management

Communicate with the associates with the company strategy, so everyone can feel invested in the success of the company. Not knowing where you're being led is a very uncomfortable feeling.

A unforgettable experience

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Lennar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hands on multiple projects that are very dynamic. Keeps your busy and engaged. Work day goes by fast.

Cons

High turn over ratio. Management is more of a dictatorship and treats employees disrespectfully. Start even from the top up on the executive level all the way down.

Advice to Management

please remove the toxicity that is management if you want to get good workers

3. Disconnected Executives - Poor Pay Practices

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Lennar full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing employees, good working environments, awesome customers

Cons

Our company executives have become completely disconnected from the associates. Our culture used to be so unified and enjoyable. It has now become a "job" for many of us and is no longer exciting to come into work like it used to be. Our COO has become closed off and too serious and his regional reports are following suit. Words are just words now and many of us who previously drank the Kool-Aid no longer want to drink it. It has been very disappointing to say the least.

Pay practices have become less than transparent. It's a mystery why some people get huge increase and bonuses and others get nothing. Very demotivating and sad.

Many of us thought things would change and get back to a strong cultural and fun environment after we came out of the recession. Not the case at all. It has actually gotten much worse.

Advice to Management

Step off of the pedestals you have put yourselves on and get back to leaders you used to be. Get in touch with your people. Follow our principles of integrity and honesty. Practice what you preach and lead by example. Make our company a great place to work again. Bring us together. Let's become a great company again. Give us something to be excited about and want to come to work everyday.

5. Great place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Lennar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exellent work environment
    Great benefits, nice compensation packages,

Cons

Too many management meetings
    the culture sometimes was too much

6. Interesting

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Lennar

Pros

Fun Company Culture and very respected in the industry

Cons

Change, change and more change

Advice to Management

Stop moving people around so much and the multiple audits are ridiculous

Relocated voluntarily

Former Employee - Loan Portfolio Analyst in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Portfolio Analyst in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Lennar

Pros

Excellent Salary. Co-workers friendy and hardworking. I mean EVERYONE works hard! Creativity and iniative are rewarded when times are good.

Cons

Industry in general is still in a slump and that can be demoralizing.
    Never had a review in two years because salaries were frozen.
    Only four paid sick days annually. Vacation time is cumulative two weeks, until after the fifth year of employment .
    Corporate culture drastically changed when hard times hit.

Advice to Management

Feedback on performance would be nice, even without a raise. Don't be afraid to still have fun.

Voluntary Departure

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Lennar

Pros

Pay is good and virtually everyone works hard. Individuality is appreciated and expression of same is encouraged. Great team environment.

Cons

Lennar is currently in a state of flux consistent with the downturn of the building industry. A lot of people are understandably nervous about their jobs. Morale is suffering right now.

Advice to Management

When there's not much to do, make something up. It makes people feel better to work. Reorganize filing systems, invent a project, contribute to the community.

Chaos is their middle name

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Lennar

Pros

Lennar promotes people respecting others. It employs nice people and they are fun, personable people to work with. Most are quite competent at what they do. The facilities are very good and up to date. The work is quite flexible as most positions evolve into what interests the individual most. Lennnar is quite good about providing training and has an extensive online training system that is open to all. They tend to promote from within and completion of the training programs allows those on the lower ends to seek higher levels. Job openings are posted on internal site that is open to all.

Cons

It is the most undisciplined and disorganized organization I've seen. They have good people running amouck. I was once complimented by a consultant for being the first Lennar person they had seen start a meeting on time. They really lack structure to the point it is like a football team without a playbook, often times having two tailbacks and no body blocking. Their admiration for the unconventional goes beyond good sense allowing the BS'ers and fence sitters to advance and hold positions they clearly have no business having. This creates a drag on the teams making it difficult to achieve team goals.

Advice to Management

Learn there are reasons for management 101. Try giving time management a chance.

Great Company, Bad Market

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Lennar

Pros

The whole work force concept is about giving. The senior management never held back from giving me the necessary tools I needed to complete my tasks, which were, to produce the most satisfied homeowner possible. Management came from the field they were not headhunted from other companies their experience directed related to the daily situations I found myself in.

Cons

The only down sides that I can find, are workloads. The work load can be extremely high at times, a can be very low at other times not having enough work is probably the most stressful. The biggest yardstick in which I was measured by is number of claims completed and not having a lot of claims made me feel I wasn't contributing enough to make an impression on my management.

Advice to Management

weather the storm and call back the good talent that you were forced to to let go.

RSS Feed </> Embed