Lennar

Lennar Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Lennar President, CEO, and Director Stuart A. Miller

Stuart A. Miller

Pros
  • Great place to start in residential construction when times are good(in 4 reviews)

• Company culture, local managers, co-workers(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Consistently shortstaffed with a high turn over rate due to abrasive upper management and hostile longterm employees as a result(in 5 reviews)

• Each for himself company culture(in 3 reviews)

Good company

Construction Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsNice work environment and they treated me well. Learned everything I know about homebuilding from original management back when they were building a better quality home.

ConsRunning to many homes. I was handling fifty homes at one point with two assistants and the streets were not even in yet

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the quality of the home more important than how quickly they can be built. Make sure your empoyees have time for a family life.

Amibivalent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits (Health, 401K) . Never missed or bounced a paycheck.

ConsNo tangible compensation. No growth opportunities. Management unappreciative and passive/aggressive. As others have mentioned, HR not very helpful, especially when dealing with conflicts with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder at collaborating with other departments to create more growth opportunities inside the company. Never let more than one year go by without issuing raises unless reviews don't warrant a raise. Offer more training opportunities for employees and actually schedule properly so there is enough time for people to partake in training without being concerned that there is no coverage. This means staffing properly on the West coast as well as the East coast.

On site sales

New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsUsually have inventory and marketing/advertising to generate traffic.

ConsLack of focus and paying attention to detail at each community. Also, lower commission scale and lack of appreciation for tasks that are well performed. Unrealistic goals based on competitive analysis.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider being more of a team and discussing goals to define and establish realistic and possible achievements and request input for future designs rather than to have someone designing that has not even discussed what might sell. Use those that have a pulse on the market to help establish what will really work in the way of design, floor plans, and standard features. Most making the decision for what's going to be built have never actually sold on site or certainly not in the recent past.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, Great culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Executives do care about growing and developing their associates from the inside out. The company was founded on a unique corporate culture that differentiates it from other typical residential homebuilding companies in the industry. They are genuinely a philanthropic corporation from the top down, that gives back to the community and involves every associate, on every level, in that process.

ConsWhen the economy changed, the company did the best they could to manage associate morale through the necessary strategic changes. Things have never really been the same, and the unique company culture has lost the spark and authenticity that made it so special.

Good

Construction Manager (Former Employee) Allen, TX

Prosgreat place to learn how to build a home

Consnot a stable work place

Horrible Culture and High Turn Over Company

ProsPeople are nice in general and thats about it.

ConsCompany culture and management are horrible at the Aliso Viejo location. Overworked employees. I know many people work average 60-70 hours a week. Work 3 weekends a month with no days off and on salary. Management doesnt care about if you have a family/kids/ a life outside of work. NO life and work balance AT ALL. Whatever it takes to get the job done. HIGH TURN OVER. I see people walk out because they are so fed up.

Rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA rewarding experience working with a great group of professionals in a fun industry that touches the lives of everyone who purchases a home.

ConsJob can be demanding as deadlines don't budget in order to meet sales and closing goals. Sometimes it is a "what ever it takes" mentality that you often see in the tech industry.

One of the best experiences of my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany culture, local managers, co-workers

ConsRelentless - no work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional management should live the corporate culture and let more decisions be made at local level

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people is definitely what made this company what it is today

ConsMy experience was very fulfilling, no complains here

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep digging them worms! (from the Little Red Hen)

Exceptional Experience!

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLennar welcomes collaboration at all levels within most divisions. It was refreshing to come to a meeting of minds and objectives with the financial department.

ConsLots of hours to stay on top of the workload. Of course due to cutbacks in recent years, it was difficult to keep up but necessary to fight the economy battle as it relates to the homebuilding industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the conversations open at all levels. There is a lot of talent and dedicated employees in this organization. Open forums for suggestions encourages creativity within each department.

Worked for Lennar? Contribute to the Community!