Lennox

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn

Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros:
  • "Very competitive salaries and usually there are opportunities to grow"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Hard push for new business and middle management not able to motivate sales team appropriately"
    in 4 reviews
  • "an employee might hit a glass ceiling where they can't seem to move up any further"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

use caution if considering a job with Lennox

SOX Coordinator/ERS Coordinator (Current Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Lennox

ProsGreat company to work for. Most people with the company are in for the long haul. That is one thing that attracted me to Lennox.

Conscurrent state of corporate reorganization, just found out that my Des Moines office will be no longer as of 2010.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope that the move to split distribution into smaller regions works out, along with the storefronts. If it does not, it could be catastrophic for the company as a whole!

good.

Manager (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Lennox full-time for more than 5 years

Prospackage is quite up to standard

Consovertime becomes sometime very hectic

Advice to Senior Managementsome change

Product Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lennox

ProsFlexibility to work from home

ConsVery few training and develoment opportunities, high turnover

N/A

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSenior leaders (Presidents and CEO)

ConsMiddle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good company. Really liked the atmosphere as far as job activities.

Territory Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork from home. Company car. Company credit card. Company gas card. Able to help customers most of the time without middle or upper management approval. Great company meetings and dealer meetings.

ConsVery complicated to understand compensation plan. Too many internal meetings taking sales team out of field. Company has changed since becoming a publicly held company. Dealers complain that Lennox has lost touch with its dealers. Hard push for new business and middle management not able to motivate sales team appropriately. Threats to sales team members that they will be fired if they do not sign new business within the year. Not motivating

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport sales team with exciting rewards for new business instead of threatening them. Put in place a newer up to date training program for sales team....something that brings results. Work as a team...the middle management team is losing touch with customer base and doesn't understand what it takes to motivate sales teams. Compensation plan is difficult to understand and can be manipulated too easily.

Really liked working with the people at Lennox

Territory Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTerritory Manager has a lot of autonomy working from home and managing a designated territory. Company auto, gas card and corporate expense credit card provided. Able to help a customer with problems without going to corporate for an approval as long as it is good for business and you can justify it later.
Lennox has a lot of good things about them. The corporate personality is fun and pleasant most of the time. They give opportunities...promote from within.

ConsLennox has gone through a lot of restructuring in the last few years and territory size has increased. Pay plan is difficult to understand and they can play with the numbers which they did with me on a couple of occasions. Middle management also admitted that they were incorrect in the calculations but would not go back and rectify the pay. Company is seriously needing new business as many Lennox Dealers are retiring and other competitive manufacturers have gained large market share. New business drive has caused company to lose some focus on existing dealer base. This has been voiced to me by multiple dealers (over 12 of them).

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on current and long-time customers. Show them the love. Create some systems, programs, incentives for new business and for Territory Managers to utilize in bringing in new business. Make it enjoyable to get new business. This industry used to be fun!

As a company

I have been working at Lennox full-time for more than 10 years

Proswork life balance is very good

Consthere is a glass ceiling

Great work hours

Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Charleston, SC

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than a year

ProsGood hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay.

ConsToo many silly rules, too much paperwork, lack of training, short staffed in the part stores, outside sales person does not help drive business to the store, too many key decision makers, store manager can't make key decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the store manager to run the store, encourage the outside sales person and managers to work together to drive sales for both the store and outside sales person.

Culture is stagnant

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than a year

ProsBusiness is good and they have a great product - costly but good. Service team is excellent and this drives equipment sales.

ConsLack of leadership at numerous levels. Leaders do not embrace the needed change or those that can effectively initiate change management. If you do not advertise people will not purcase your product - you cannot shrink your way to success - you invest to grow!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good leaders, get rid of those that are the "Bullies" - people know who they are in the organization and take care of customers and employees.

not a bad company to work for -

Technical Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lennox full-time for more than 3 years

Prosflexibilty .. some smart co-wokers... have a salary freeze in 2010 and 2011 lower the 3% salaries company wide

Conslot of office politics ... very tight dead lines in IT

Advice to Senior Managementneed to focus more on IT

Worked for Lennox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lennox reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lennox CEO Todd M. Bluedorn. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Lennox employees.