Lennox

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn

Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros:
  • "Very competitive salaries and usually there are opportunities to grow"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Hard push for new business and middle management not able to motivate sales team appropriately"
    in 4 reviews
  • "an employee might hit a glass ceiling where they can't seem to move up any further"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Miami, FL

I have been working at Lennox

ProsGreat product! Excellent reputation! Good benefits!

ConsToo many management changes/ additions, top heavy. Too many chiefs not enough indians!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the advise of "Good to Great" book

Too Many Changes Going ON - some not good

I have been working at Lennox

ProsLennox has a lot of long term employees which has to say something about the company. Very competitive salaries and usually there are opportunities to grow.

ConsA lot of changes at the corporate management level. Some decisions that have been made are questionable. Starting to get too many layers of management again competing against each other rather than working for a common goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you have a solid plan in place before making organizational changes.

Totally different company today.

Sales (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lennox

ProsThe people are amazing. The organization has had a legacy of being dedicated to providing top quality and industry leading products.

ConsSenior Management is out of touch with customers and market. Unfortunately, this is reflected in the current performance of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGaither and analyze customer, competitive, and market data from the frontline soldiers to drive decisions. Stop allowing data to be interpreted to validate decisions that have already been made or implemented.

Good experience even through numerous cutbacks

Director (Former Employee)
Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery friendly employees and environment. Most folks are supportive of one another. Benefits are ok and the director level and above positions are eligible for bonus. If it is a good sales year, then it can be lucrative. I made a lot of friends there and that is what I looked forward to when I went to work. I also had a supportive manager but not everyone did.

ConsCutbacks and cost cutting measures. Everyone is doing more work with less people and staff. Eye is always on bottom line sales and what to say to investors. Male dominant company - few women get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees, not just managers. Recognition goes a long way. Promote women. Reputation is that it is a boys club.

Supply Chain Analyst

I have been working at Lennox

ProsGood opportunity to work with different tools in SCL

ConsIn the beginning stage of the transition to an innovative company

Graduate Sales Academy Associate

Graduate Sales Academy Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lennox full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people to work with, opportunities to grow, and paid training

ConsYou will be working at a warehouse and lifting up to 50 lbs, they are VERY vague on the post training job opportunities, and it is a white male dominated industry

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to stat moving away from the "you must start from the bottom (i.e. the warehouse) and make your way up" if someone is qualified for a position or shows potential help them.

Great company, people.

Summer Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lennox as an intern

Prosthe people there truly care about their work and making sure you are learning as well or helped whenever needed. Got a grasp of every part of the business. Let you decide what you wanted to get out of the internship. Once assigned projects, employees went out of their way to help or respond to emails which was great. The company has great values, and people who are friendly and will truly care.

ConsInternship not as structured, things were planned on the go, based of business needs, so at times there wasn't much to do. This lead to a lot of work or tasks that were assigned which didn't have to do with the specific role you were hired for but it was still a learning experience. Also, the HVAC industry can be dull at times, the business aspect is interesting but nothing great about HVAC it is what it is.

Great experience!

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Lennox as an intern

ProsOutstanding mentoring opportunities and very helpful co-workers

ConsNot much to say in this area. Slow moving at times.

Nice company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lennox

ProsFriendly employees and management. People are cooperative. Good chance to be able to work with higher management people. Although it is an international company, you still get the chance to communicate to the top.

ConsHope to have rotation in the jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible

Great Company for talented engineers and minorities

Principal Engineer (Former Employee)
Carrollton, TX

I worked at Lennox

Pros1.Very lean organization! Waste of monetary asset not tolerated. Several key initiatives in play to ensure continued profittable in the face of continued margin squeeze.
2. Product quality and reliability a key focus.
3. Leadership in the PDR group is both strong mangerially and technically ( which is pleasantly refreshing).
4. Best company in the HVAC market space to work for!

Cons1. Too heavy a focus on creating premimum product in a commoditized market, need to have a better product mix to respond to market demand.
2. Lots of high quality talent being underutilized.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more agile

Worked for Lennox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lennox reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lennox CEO Todd M. Bluedorn. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Lennox employees.