Lennox

Updated December 17, 2014
2.8

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros
  • Flexibility, professionalism, location, work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes limited advancement opportunities, however that is because people stay with the company long term so it is not really a bad situation (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

33 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Work Hard, Pay is Decent.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and incentives.

Cons

80-90 Weeks is the norm (For NAS).

Let you branch managers make more decisions on their own, and help them when there is not enough manpower.

Great for Engineer

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer III in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer III in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is my 3rd engineering job. When I took the position here I planned on leaving after about 5 years. I've been here 10 months, and this is by far the best job I have had. I have not had a bad day at work. I feel like my work makes a global impact, and its not just a quick money scheme like a previous job. This job is hands on. I design, I test in the lab, we train at the factory, we keep up with marketing through out the life of the product. I never work overtime, unless I want to.

Cons

Occasionally equipment needed is not there. But I there is no limit to a price if you can justify the use.

Management is good. They make us feel appreciated. Cake every month.

Long hours, low pay and no advancement opportunities in IT - Don't waste your time here

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

They don't track vacation or time-off in IT so many employees benefit by the lack of oversight in this area,

Cons

Low pay - raises are usually 1 to 2 % per year if you are lucky. IT management are out of touch with what's happening in the rest of the IT world. IT jobs being moved to India as fast as they can move them. Most systems are old and out of date - needing to be upgraded but can't get approval for upgrades because lack of funding.

IT Exec management needs to be re-organized and changes made. They are all long time IT employees who have never worked anywhere else and have no idea what's happening in the rest of the IT world.

Excellent company to work for

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with engineering and product focus. Good managment

Cons

Slow in promoting people. Slow in weeding out poor performers.

Ensure a true merit based system

There are many places far, far better.

Current Employee - IT Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are a few people who genuinely care for others. If you are lucky enough to work for one of them, it is at least bearable for awhile.

Cons

The company practices a culture of blame, particularly in IT and Engineering. When problems inevitably arise in a project, management insulates themselves and concentrates on identifying a scapegoat. If you enjoy lots of overtime and travel away from home, with very little thanks in return, then this could be for you. Almost all of the growth in IT and Engineering is occurring in India, very little stateside except for replacing those who quit.

Take ownership. Management is more concerned with sacrificing those that work for them than identifying and correcting the real issues.

Well run, stable company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tenured leadership
    Good work/life balance
    Affordable benefits
    Good retirement options
    Company and industry are very stable

Cons

Sometimes limited advancement opportunities, however that is because people stay with the company long term so it is not really a bad situation.

Compensation in some areas seems to be lower than average, but in others is very competitive. Take a reveiw of comp across the board and find out where the company really is compared to others on a position by position basis.

Great company

Current Employee - IT Management in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - IT Management in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very well run. No rash decision making. No hire only to fire.

Cons

Not easy to grow due to extremely stable environment.

Explore new areas of growth and provide potential promising current employees a chance to grow.

Terrible work environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros? Ok, the management team are pros at being thick as whale omelets.

Cons

You name it:

Obtuse management
    Unreasonable
    Disrespectful
    Arrogant
    Petty
    Dishonest
    Arbitrary in rule making and enforcement
    I could go on and on....

This company is almost a parody of corporate dimwitted stereotypes. As an employee you are bombarded with a bewildering array of contradictory and dense office politics. In the group that I worked in, it appeared as though HR went out of their way to find the most obsessive compulsive, unreasonable, and borderline psychotic people with a low IQ, and then thought it would be a hoot to put these people in charge of a group of a hundred or so agents. I literally cannot bash this turd of a company enough. Sorting bobcats would be a less stressful and painful job than tolerating these imbeciles for more than an nanosecond. With that in mind, five years there was an eternity of Hellish torment with mentally challenged demons dreaming of the most stupid and childish ways to torment us as find new ways to make the job more difficult. I actually begun to believe that I had died and this was my Hell. So, after years of drug and PTSD therapy I am almost starting to mentally heal.

Flee this company, run don't walk...Even if you have been unemployed for years on end and living under a bridge with alcoholic sex offenders; it's not worth it!

A waste of time....They only listen to the voices in their heads that tell them they are God.

In the months I was there they fired and let of the people who really mattered and cared about others.

Current Employee - Accounting Support in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Support in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Clean workspaces, cafe, covered parking, security,

Cons

Discrimination, no appreciation given to contractors, especially the military veterans

when someone has an issue with discrimination and it's taken to management and HR, the problem should be dealt with and NOT IGNORED!!!!!

Alot of unknowns

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Your colleagues for the most part are okay

Cons

Management has the slightest clue what their employees actually do.
    The insurance is the absolute worst you have to pay for so much they only have high deductible plans
    Pay is very, very low end for the amount of work they want you to do
    Rather than compensate their employees effectively they spend more money on golf and other weird things such as trips and etc
    Not much room to advance in the company you don't move unless someone retires
    Low morale

Make it more about your employees, if they are happy then the morale will increase and therefore there will be greater productivity. Also do not place individuals that are not qualified to be in a management position. They may look good on paper but being absolute clueless when their employees have a question doesn't really help much

Lennox Photos