Lennox Reviews

Reset
3.1
Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in an industry that is fairly stable (in 4 reviews)

• Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes limited advancement opportunities, however that is because people stay with the company long term so it is not really a bad situation (in 3 reviews)

1. Changing of the Guard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Committed to ethical behavior. Considerable number of long term employees. But unfortunately the older workforce needs some turnover or the company will be in real trouble at some point in the future. This causing some heartache for people, but it is necessary and some complacent loafers need to go anyway.

Cons

As Senior Management is slowly turning over, I see great risk to their ethical standards. I have seen it happen before, but so far so good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't lose sight of your ethics.

2. Manager

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Very talented workforce. Good pay. HR is active and engaged.

Cons

Need to adopt non traditional "Lennox" strategies

Advice to Management

Be bold.

3. Opportunity for a "go-getter"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, great products, great people. Leadership in product innovation. Great individual leadership up the entire ranks of residential sales team.

Cons

Commercial and residential sometimes disjoint and not on same page always. "Corporate-ness" comes with large companies -- just deal with it.

Advice to Management

Need more sales support in some areas. Ensure sales goals of the various measurements a stretch, yes, but still within reach. Not every single metric in every territory will gain every year. Sometimes flat (no) growth would be a stretch. Keep innovating.

Bureaucratic, Poor Job Growth, Good 'Ole Boys

Current Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay for non-challenging work.

Cons

Management is greedy, quick to cut costs but very slow to hire. Lennox wants to grow but doesn't want to put the resources in place for sustainable growth. Fear of management's wrath is the current driver. - Very poor job growth. - Quality control issues have skyrocketed but who cares since sales are increasing. Quality issues are for someone in the field to deal with. - Poor customer support and long hold times lead to very ticked off customers - Very little diversity at corporate.

Advice to Management

The Good 'Ole Boy network is failing. The new management has run off the old timers, office moral is way down, departments don't communicate, and Lennox has become very bureaucratic, a dod-eat-dog environment. The only way for a leg up is to use a co-worker as a stepping stone.

6. Corporate office, not that great

Former Employee - Corporate Operations in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Operations in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, 401k, pension, not stingy with spending money to learn more.

Cons

Run like a "good old boys" club, if you're not former military or in the network, you can forget it. Some efforts to diversify, but behind the times. Also pay cuts! Thanks Lennox for cutting our pay to save share price.

Advice to Management

Poor industry forecasting has made you lose good talent.

7. Glad I have moved on.

I worked at Lennox

Pros

Decent salary,and the new plant manager seem to want to make a difference. But he has to battle with the club that's already been there for three decades

Cons

Lennox Stuttgart has a good ole' boy system. Someone was put in supervision over me that didn't even have a secondary education.He acted unprofessional daily. They are not open to new ideas.You wonder why Quality has gone down there.

Advice to Management

Monitor managerial practices,& act on the concerns of workers.

8. Not an equal opportunity employer

I worked at Lennox

Pros

It's a pàycheck. It was a job when I needed one. I really don't have much to say that's positive about my experience.

Cons

Supervisors advance "friends". Not much teamwork among employees. Company don't listen to employees. Very stressful work environment. Health insurance goes downhill every year. Company makes up new rules as they go.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen even if I did give advice.

Sleep inducing for Engineers

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible with hours, laid back environment, everyone friendly, good enough pay

Cons

Boring, misleading, slow to hire if you're a temp, little opportunity for growth, poor collaboration, tons of bloat, putting team members in roles that may not be best suited for them. However, this is the place for you if you've come from a high pressure position and want to coast.

Advice to Management

Give opportunities for open discussion about how to improve the development life cycle. I'd also recommend doing a better job defining roles within the company as well as the development methodology. Provide means to communicate between different groups.

10. It

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

management needs a more strategic vision to get things done. there are far too many headaches that just don't exist at other companies. The pay and company culture more than make up for the headaches.

Cons

Bureaucratic! This company can be super bureaucratic. At times it's just best to avoid a lot of long-term career development as marginal performers stay here for years because of limited competition.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to some of the younger people. Get away from the policies that make that make the company antiquated and unappealing to recent graduates. Tighten up *some* of the performance issues and promote innovation and competition.

Distribution Associate/Warehouse

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay for a warehouse job. The checks clear. A few good people.

Cons

Company filled with glass ceilings. Does not promote from within. Get ready to have a sore back from carrying everyone. Benefits aren't that great. The only reward for hard work is.....MORE WORK. The more efficient you are, the more you're expected to do to compensate for those to do nothing and still collect a paycheck.. "Teamwork" atmosphere until the bonus checks come out. Raises are a joke. They jam Business Ethics and Code of Conduct down your throat, but don't follow much of it. In my location, when there's a problem brought to management, they look the other way so they don't have to address the situation in order to protect their reputation to their superiors. This allows bottom of the barrel employees to do what they want with no repercussions or discipline. I could go on forever here. Oh the stories I could tell.

Advice to Management

Lennox should implement the 1=3 rule. Hire 1 great hardworking employee that will be as productive as three employees who are merely good. Pay that one employee $30/hr vs paying 3 mediocre people $15-$16/hr each. This will trim the useless fat of the company, save salary money, and make it more rewarding for the hard workers to continue to bust their humps. Make your employees WANT to take initiative, bend over backwards, and go the extra mile.

RSS Feed </> Embed