Lennox

Updated September 4, 2014
3.4

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros
  • Very competitive salaries and usually there are opportunities to grow (in 3 reviews)

• Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company (in 4 reviews)

• an employee might hit a glass ceiling where they can't seem to move up any further (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

The good people have been terminated and service to clients is now awful.

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Westhampton, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Westhampton, NY

I have been working at Lennox full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Only if you truly are in a difficult position financially and have no choice

Cons

Dramatic cuts of personnel with experienced colleagues well liked by customers pushed out the door.
    Result is loss of market share and overall credibility in the industry. The majority of the Sales People are not experienced in the industry and are not known by the clients.Technically experienced and trained clients prefer to deal with their peers and not with inexperienced sales people with a liberal arts background or not even a university degree. As a result the company continues to lose market share.

Look outside for talent in management , keep experienced well educated staff

Terrible work environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros? Ok, the management team are pros at being thick as whale omelets.

Cons

You name it:

Obtuse management
    Unreasonable
    Disrespectful
    Arrogant
    Petty
    Dishonest
    Arbitrary in rule making and enforcement
    I could go on and on....

This company is almost a parody of corporate dimwitted stereotypes. As an employee you are bombarded with a bewildering array of contradictory and dense office politics. In the group that I worked in, it appeared as though HR went out of their way to find the most obsessive compulsive, unreasonable, and borderline psychotic people with a low IQ, and then thought it would be a hoot to put these people in charge of a group of a hundred or so agents. I literally cannot bash this turd of a company enough. Sorting bobcats would be a less stressful and painful job than tolerating these imbeciles for more than an nanosecond. With that in mind, five years there was an eternity of Hellish torment with mentally challenged demons dreaming of the most stupid and childish ways to torment us as find new ways to make the job more difficult. I actually begun to believe that I had died and this was my Hell. So, after years of drug and PTSD therapy I am almost starting to mentally heal.

Flee this company, run don't walk...Even if you have been unemployed for years on end and living under a bridge with alcoholic sex offenders; it's not worth it!

A waste of time....They only listen to the voices in their heads that tell them they are God.

Terrible company

Former Employee - Accounting Support  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Support in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

None for me to add at this time.

Cons

Very disrespectful to the temp workers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

run away

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

great brand name
    stable market when building is up

Cons

poor treatment of individuals
    understaffed
    Disrespectful and dishonest culture

Old School Boys Club from 1945

I worked at Lennox full-time

Pros

small town, small group, flexibility of schedule, pay

Cons

Hired at a senior level, but allowed to make no decisions, invited to meetings and then not asked to talk or allowed to make suggestions. I was told I was not the correct gender, and I was isolated for that, and for not joining the "management club" as well as taking up for poor treatment of the union personnel. Financials are not communicated and they are moving operations to Mexico while other corporations are bringing manufacturing back to the US. If you work for Lennox, and in a male dominated career field, I suggest keeping your mouth shut or working an off shift until the communist die off or find another job.

Spend money to invest in the people and get into the 21st Century, otherwise, move all your operations to Mexico and get out of the US, quit claiming to be an American company, and go buy another yacht while the American worker seeks out a smaller house and bankruptcy.

Very low resources available - current plan is to migrate IT resources to India

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people dedicated to making the best out of a bad environment

Cons

questionable and lack of leadership

Do some studies on moving resources to India - budget should not be the only deciding factor - the company is growing but OPx is staying flat. You have a great deal of single point s a failure, most are people. Develope a 1/3/5 year IT plan - basic stuff.

Horrid

Former Employee - Sourcing Manager
    Former Employee - Sourcing Manager

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Top contributors earn nice perks, travel, private jet, car allowance.

Cons

Old Boys Club, Most of the management is EX-GE or Trane, and they think they are something special. The technology is boring

Downward focus

I worked at Lennox for more than 10 years

Pros

Historic company with name brand
    Proven quality

Cons

Profit driven
    Inward focus, not customer focus

Become customer focused, not investor focused

Upper management and corporate has no clue as how to run a wholesale business.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary only. If it weren't for that it would be miserable.

Cons

Upper management stupidity. Too many chiefs doing the same thing. Zone managers have no clue as the technical side of the industry.

Fire yourselves and save whats left of the bottom line.

Sugar coated hell

I worked at Lennox as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Lennox is a multibillion dollar company that does business around the world. No matter where you are in the world someone will need the product that Lennox produces; and, Lennox has a stranglehold on the market. The company has a good, all be it shaky foundation that spans over 100 years.

Cons

The only way to get ahead in this business is honestly who you know. Your merit in the company is based on the level of brown nosing you are willing to do. There is virtually no inside growth; meaning, if you start in the mail room, you will end in the mail room. The only people who promote are not the people who deserve it based on performance, but the people that earn it by kissing the butt of their boss. Glass ceiling would be a gross understatement. If you enjoy working off the clock for long hours with no time for your family and/or friends this is the place for you. For this company the dollar is the bottom line, and the employee is expendable.

Treat your employees with a bit of dignity and respect. Stop lying to the customer and only catering to the big business you get. You will bend over backwards for the Orangutang's and Parker and Sons' but will not lift a finger to help the Green Air solution's and people like that. Level the playing field a bit and don't charge $1,000 plus for a compress that you can buy down the street for $500-600. Get someone into a position who has worked in the wearhouse and still remembers what it is like to deal with the customer in a setting other than $10 beers and $100 steak dinners on the companies dime.

Worked for Lennox? Contribute to the Community!