Lennox

Updated September 4, 2014
3.4

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros
  • Very competitive salaries and usually there are opportunities to grow (in 3 reviews)

• Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company (in 4 reviews)

• an employee might hit a glass ceiling where they can't seem to move up any further (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company to Work for.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Lennox has very good Medical Benefits compared to other companies in the HVAC industry.
    Training and learning are becoming more of a focus, which is great to be a part of.
    Good opportunities to grow with the company.

Cons

Lennox, like most large companies can lose sight of the individual. Sometimes people are left in positions just because of longevity, not because of their ability or expertise.

It would be good for management, especially senior, to make sure all of their direct reports are really doing what is best for Lennox and their employees. Managers need to remember they work with people, not products.

Lennox

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Lennox has a reputation for integrity, excellence, and quality. This is found in the development, manufacturing ad distribution of the Lennox products.

Cons

Within a larger corporation, some performance recognition and reward is lost. I do not have any additional negative feedback to provide.

I do not have any advice to management to provide.

LennoX is a pretty cool place to work

Current Employee - Design Engineer5  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Design Engineer5 in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Lennox has lots of opportunities to learn all different aspects of the HVAC industry. There is enough work to keep you busy, but not so much that you cannot learn a new skill set in the process. Management was always willing to work with everyone and was always encouraging attending school, classes or seminars. They always tried to be fair in their assements of employees. Everyone seemed to get along very well, not a lot of small groups plotting against one another or back stabbing going on. Overall it was a really pleasant place to work. I kick myself for leaving.

Cons

The work can be a bit predictable and some of the processes are slow

Contiune to support and help your employees grow and develop their skills.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Organized and success driven company

Cons

No career advancement opportunities in company

Great Company to work for if you look stability and hour flexibility

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible work hours and very good leadership

Cons

Getting promotions are difficult and and when new job opportunities come up they already have someone picked out for the position before even posting it.

There are great people leaving the company and most of them leave for the same reason (lack of opportunities to advance their careers).

Good experience even through numerous cutbacks

Former Employee - Director  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very friendly employees and environment. Most folks are supportive of one another. Benefits are ok and the director level and above positions are eligible for bonus. If it is a good sales year, then it can be lucrative. I made a lot of friends there and that is what I looked forward to when I went to work. I also had a supportive manager but not everyone did.

Cons

Cutbacks and cost cutting measures. Everyone is doing more work with less people and staff. Eye is always on bottom line sales and what to say to investors. Male dominant company - few women get promoted.

Listen to the employees, not just managers. Recognition goes a long way. Promote women. Reputation is that it is a boys club.

Supply Chain Analyst

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Good opportunity to work with different tools in SCL

Cons

In the beginning stage of the transition to an innovative company

Graduate Sales Academy Associate

Current Employee - Graduate Sales Academy Associate
    Current Employee - Graduate Sales Academy Associate

I have been working at Lennox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, opportunities to grow, and paid training

Cons

You will be working at a warehouse and lifting up to 50 lbs, they are VERY vague on the post training job opportunities, and it is a white male dominated industry

Need to stat moving away from the "you must start from the bottom (i.e. the warehouse) and make your way up" if someone is qualified for a position or shows potential help them.

Great company, people.

Current Employee - Summer Intern
    Current Employee - Summer Intern

I have been working at Lennox as an intern

Pros

the people there truly care about their work and making sure you are learning as well or helped whenever needed. Got a grasp of every part of the business. Let you decide what you wanted to get out of the internship. Once assigned projects, employees went out of their way to help or respond to emails which was great. The company has great values, and people who are friendly and will truly care.

Cons

Internship not as structured, things were planned on the go, based of business needs, so at times there wasn't much to do. This lead to a lot of work or tasks that were assigned which didn't have to do with the specific role you were hired for but it was still a learning experience. Also, the HVAC industry can be dull at times, the business aspect is interesting but nothing great about HVAC it is what it is.

Great experience!

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Lennox as an intern

Pros

Outstanding mentoring opportunities and very helpful co-workers

Cons

Not much to say in this area. Slow moving at times.

Worked for Lennox? Contribute to the Community!