Lennox

Updated December 17, 2014
2.9

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros
  • Flexibility, professionalism, location, work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes limited advancement opportunities, however that is because people stay with the company long term so it is not really a bad situation (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, people.

Current Employee - Summer Intern
    Current Employee - Summer Intern

I have been working at Lennox as an intern

Pros

the people there truly care about their work and making sure you are learning as well or helped whenever needed. Got a grasp of every part of the business. Let you decide what you wanted to get out of the internship. Once assigned projects, employees went out of their way to help or respond to emails which was great. The company has great values, and people who are friendly and will truly care.

Cons

Internship not as structured, things were planned on the go, based of business needs, so at times there wasn't much to do. This lead to a lot of work or tasks that were assigned which didn't have to do with the specific role you were hired for but it was still a learning experience. Also, the HVAC industry can be dull at times, the business aspect is interesting but nothing great about HVAC it is what it is.

Great experience!

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Lennox as an intern

Pros

Outstanding mentoring opportunities and very helpful co-workers

Cons

Not much to say in this area. Slow moving at times.

Nice company

I worked at Lennox

Pros

Friendly employees and management. People are cooperative. Good chance to be able to work with higher management people. Although it is an international company, you still get the chance to communicate to the top.

Cons

Hope to have rotation in the jobs.

Be more flexible

Great Company for talented engineers and minorities

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Lennox

Pros

1.Very lean organization! Waste of monetary asset not tolerated. Several key initiatives in play to ensure continued profittable in the face of continued margin squeeze.
    2. Product quality and reliability a key focus.
    3. Leadership in the PDR group is both strong mangerially and technically ( which is pleasantly refreshing).
    4. Best company in the HVAC market space to work for!

Cons

1. Too heavy a focus on creating premimum product in a commoditized market, need to have a better product mix to respond to market demand.
    2. Lots of high quality talent being underutilized.

be more agile

Good place to work. Management are typically quality people with good integrity.

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Lennox is very open to employees moving around to different departments after a minimum time in each position and moving up when possible.

Cons

Depending on your background, education, etc., an employee might hit a glass ceiling where they can't seem to move up any further. This is probably true of most corporate environments.

Continue your policy of openness and transparency. Continue with strong R&D.

Dave Lennox is a Humanoid Robot

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Lennox

Pros

Decent salary, excellent benefits, good people. Excellent training.
    They have social events, employee appreciation and numerous other fun activities in the office.

Cons

Doing the same thing day in day out, eventually in the busy seasons [heating or cooling] you just burn out.

Ease up on the call volumes a bit.

Working at Lennox

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Beside's current management changes at Lennox, It is a nice place to work. It's not like Googgle or other hitech Companies. BUt compare to other places that I work for, Lennox is in the top.

Cons

Since the Company is old company, there a lot of employees who are not into new technology or ideas. I guess poeple do not want a change.

My advice to management is hire more young people, and retrain the old engineers. I do thank you for investing R&D while the economy was in recession. Keep up the good investment in R&D.

use caution if considering a job with Lennox

Current Employee - SOX Coordinator/ERS Coordinator in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - SOX Coordinator/ERS Coordinator in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Great company to work for. Most people with the company are in for the long haul. That is one thing that attracted me to Lennox.

Cons

current state of corporate reorganization, just found out that my Des Moines office will be no longer as of 2010.

I hope that the move to split distribution into smaller regions works out, along with the storefronts. If it does not, it could be catastrophic for the company as a whole!

Work Hard, Pay is Decent.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and incentives.

Cons

80-90 Weeks is the norm (For NAS).

Let you branch managers make more decisions on their own, and help them when there is not enough manpower.

Mixed Review

I worked at Lennox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good, competent co-workers. Salary and benefits are competitive. Good internal educational system and training programs. Very metrics driven and recognizes success. Good products.

Cons

Sterile environment. Some of the executive management team are poor leaders and I question the moral values of some leaders.

Work on the cold culture of the company.

Lennox Photos