Lennox

Updated December 17, 2014
2.8

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros
  • Flexibility, professionalism, location, work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes limited advancement opportunities, however that is because people stay with the company long term so it is not really a bad situation (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Alot of unknowns

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Your colleagues for the most part are okay

Cons

Management has the slightest clue what their employees actually do.
    The insurance is the absolute worst you have to pay for so much they only have high deductible plans
    Pay is very, very low end for the amount of work they want you to do
    Rather than compensate their employees effectively they spend more money on golf and other weird things such as trips and etc
    Not much room to advance in the company you don't move unless someone retires
    Low morale

Make it more about your employees, if they are happy then the morale will increase and therefore there will be greater productivity. Also do not place individuals that are not qualified to be in a management position. They may look good on paper but being absolute clueless when their employees have a question doesn't really help much

Controls Engineering-CQT Testing Department - Firing is like the easiest thing to do.

I have been working at Lennox full-time

Pros

Fun at work by HR, but no time to participate, good local-Chennai policies

Cons

Favouriticism, politics, firing is like it is the easiiest thing to do

Old Dog can't learn new tricks

I worked at Lennox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Top of the line product and training

Cons

Poor upper management, large contractor focus alienates
    Smaller contractors. Company business practices handcuffs
    Managers ability to grow customer base.

Listen to your branch managers suggestions and concerns,
    ALL customers are important Large and Small.
    Investigate poor quality dealers, look at the future sales
    As supposed to the right now.

Once great company that has been ruined by poor executive leadership

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Once the pride of the HVAC industry with a culture and leadership team that was best in class (due to prior owner and CEO). Some solid leadership remains at the middle management level. Decent work/life balance in an industry that is fairly stable.

Cons

Current CEO and Executive team that manage by the quarterly stock price (in order to line their pockets), while the welfare of the employee is completely and wholly expendable. Not one decision since 2007 (appointment of current CEO) has been in the best interest of the employee. They will find ways to renege on commitments if it will further pad their pockets with a few $. Employees no longer have pride in the company and many are looking for a way out. Little joy, excitement, or camaraderie remain within the four walls. The cafeteria has become a ghost town as people stay at their desk or leave the building for a brief respite from the daily drudgery.

The company is still salvageable but you must show a commitment beyond your own pocketbook and start taking a sincere and personal interest in the well being of your employees. If a choice is available, do the right thing for the employee. Board - replace the CEO immediately with an individual who has a personality, cares about people, and will actually engage in sincere conversation with the "common folks". Lennox didn't survive for over 100 years by having poor leadership that focuses on nothing more than a short term quarterly result!

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lennox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

From what I understand from others that have been here longer than me, this used to be a family, employee centered company but that is no longer the case.

Cons

New approach of CEO is to make money at the costs of the lower level employees. Pay cuts,layoffs, etc. then 6 mths later take a big bonus for himself from the Board of Directors while the rest of us suffer.

Needs new CEO and upper leadership

Has gone downhill over the years

I worked at Lennox

Pros

Good pay and benefits, good location, nice office buildings, some good people, nice property with fountains and lake, on-site fitness center.

Cons

Executive leadership is too short term focused and not strategic enough. There are too many execs with military backgrounds that do not take input and instead have a "do it my way" approach. The company's culture has suffered as a result. In my view, this company has "jumped the shark" so to speak (its best days are probably behind them).

Listen to the people in your company that are trying to do the right thing. Truly appreciate your employees. Think long-term. Use data to drive decisions, instead of emotion and rank.

good training bad pay

Current Employee - HVAC Technician
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

benefits are and training are very good .pay and raises are not there. they tell us to sell more products to improve our pay.but we are not salesmen and many customers are gettin tired of the high pressure sales.

Cons

many customers want to have a mom and pop feel from their hvac contractor. the customers are getting fed up talking to a call center in another state. i have seen a 70% turnover in the past year alone and customers notice.

Glad to change at the top

Former Employee - Sourcing Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Sourcing Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Lennox

Pros

The management team that I worked under has mostly been replaced, which is a good thing. Overall it was not a bad company, somewhat of a good ole boys network, but that is mostly tied to the industry. The company seems to have above average pay, and the bonuses are top notch

Cons

I had left the company prior to the new leadership taking over. The management that I worked under was not employee (or human being) friendly and for the most part they have been replaced. It was a very difficult work environment, and the expectations were unreasonable. More troublesome is that the management focused on the wrong things, which were largely irrelevant to our larger metrics.

Listen to the employees

LENNOX SUCKS

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Executive in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Junior Marketing Executive in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

I don't want to change jobs. Comfortable here, for now, close to home.

Cons

No employee support
    You have no leader if you swim it is because of your "great" department head
    If you sink it is because you didn't pay attention or do your job

Let your employees in on their job future. Make realistic goals for projects. Handing me a 125 page report and telling me to summerize it and have it done by 5, when it is already 3. Allow people to grow within the commpany, allow them to fail, allow them to experience what it is that is needed.
    Give recognition when due.
    Respect ALL workers, from the copy room to the pres. Let eveyone know they are an important part of the LENNOX family
    Don't have us lie to clients of your family members when you suddenly disappear for the afternoon.
    Give workers the same respect we are expected to give upper mgt.

Work Hard, Pay is Decent.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and incentives.

Cons

80-90 Weeks is the norm (For NAS).

Let you branch managers make more decisions on their own, and help them when there is not enough manpower.

Lennox Photos