Lennox Reviews

Reset

Great company

Current Employee - IT Management in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - IT Management in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very well run. No rash decision making. No hire only to fire.

Cons

Not easy to grow due to extremely stable environment.

Advice to Management

Explore new areas of growth and provide potential promising current employees a chance to grow.

Terrible work environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros? Ok, the management team are pros at being thick as whale omelets.

Cons

You name it: Obtuse management Unreasonable Disrespectful Arrogant Petty Dishonest Arbitrary in rule making and enforcement I could go on and on.... This company is almost a parody of corporate dimwitted stereotypes. As an employee you are bombarded with a bewildering array of contradictory and dense office politics. In the group that I worked in, it appeared as though HR went out of their way to find the most obsessive compulsive, unreasonable, and borderline psychotic people with a low IQ, and then thought it would be a hoot to put these people in charge of a group of a hundred or so agents. I literally cannot bash this turd of a company enough. Sorting bobcats would be a less stressful and painful job than tolerating these imbeciles for more than an nanosecond. With that in mind, five years there was an eternity of Hellish torment with mentally challenged demons dreaming of the most stupid and childish ways to torment us as find new ways to make the job more difficult. I actually begun to believe that I had died and this was my Hell. So, after years of drug and PTSD therapy I am almost starting to mentally heal. Flee this company, run don't walk...Even if you have been unemployed for years on end and living under a bridge with alcoholic sex offenders; it's not worth it!

Advice to Management

A waste of time....They only listen to the voices in their heads that tell them they are God.

In the months I was there they fired and let of the people who really mattered and cared about others.

Current Employee - Accounting Support in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Support in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean workspaces, cafe, covered parking, security,

Cons

Discrimination, no appreciation given to contractors, especially the military veterans

Advice to Management

when someone has an issue with discrimination and it's taken to management and HR, the problem should be dealt with and NOT IGNORED!!!!!

Alot of unknowns

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Your colleagues for the most part are okay

Cons

Management has the slightest clue what their employees actually do. The insurance is the absolute worst you have to pay for so much they only have high deductible plans Pay is very, very low end for the amount of work they want you to do Rather than compensate their employees effectively they spend more money on golf and other weird things such as trips and etc Not much room to advance in the company you don't move unless someone retires Low morale

Advice to Management

Make it more about your employees, if they are happy then the morale will increase and therefore there will be greater productivity. Also do not place individuals that are not qualified to be in a management position. They may look good on paper but being absolute clueless when their employees have a question doesn't really help much

Great Company to work for if you look stability and hour flexibility

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and very good leadership

Cons

Getting promotions are difficult and and when new job opportunities come up they already have someone picked out for the position before even posting it.

Advice to Management

There are great people leaving the company and most of them leave for the same reason (lack of opportunities to advance their careers).

Opportunities for Improvement

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lennox is an old company who does well at keeping up with current trends in the industry in terms of products.

Cons

With old processes that are long overdue for automation, many times they end up behind the curve in their back office which slows them down overall. Also, they have a huge amount of finance people at the "Senior Analyst" level who aren't being groomed to move forward and opportunities at the next level are sparse.

Advice to Management

Invest real time and effort (money) in Lean practices and follow through on process changes. Also, work on grooming from within and creating opportunities for employees. Stop putting high value people in low value roles.

Good experience even through numerous cutbacks

Former Employee - Director in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very friendly employees and environment. Most folks are supportive of one another. Benefits are ok and the director level and above positions are eligible for bonus. If it is a good sales year, then it can be lucrative. I made a lot of friends there and that is what I looked forward to when I went to work. I also had a supportive manager but not everyone did.

Cons

Cutbacks and cost cutting measures. Everyone is doing more work with less people and staff. Eye is always on bottom line sales and what to say to investors. Male dominant company - few women get promoted.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, not just managers. Recognition goes a long way. Promote women. Reputation is that it is a boys club.

9. As an Mechanical Intern at Lennox I have learned, gained, and experienced many things. Great company.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer Intern in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer Intern in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work on your own schedule. Very easy going. Great people. Very nice. You will gain great experience. Pay for an intern is good. Everyone is very laid back.

Cons

Traffic driving here. Sometimes will get on to for things that are out of your control. Can be very picky at times and pushing you on completing things in an unrealistic times frame. There not much cons.

10. Supply Chain Analyst

I have been working at Lennox

Pros

Good opportunity to work with different tools in SCL

Cons

In the beginning stage of the transition to an innovative company

11. Graduate Sales Academy Associate

Current Employee - Graduate Sales Academy Associate
    Current Employee - Graduate Sales Academy Associate

I have been working at Lennox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, opportunities to grow, and paid training

Cons

You will be working at a warehouse and lifting up to 50 lbs, they are VERY vague on the post training job opportunities, and it is a white male dominated industry

Advice to Management

Need to stat moving away from the "you must start from the bottom (i.e. the warehouse) and make your way up" if someone is qualified for a position or shows potential help them.

RSS Feed </> Embed