Lenox Group

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter B. Cameron

Great people, great product, good benefits

Tabletop Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proscollaborative environment, home office, self directed environment

Consless than average senior management; double standard work ethic

Advice to Senior Managementwise up and see who is really valuable; drinking and work don't mix

Average place to work. Salary okay. Culture hurting

ProsAverage salary. Long standing company with recognizable name.

ConsBusiness declining. Product design declining.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Started great...ended badly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bristol, PA

ProsSalaries are very good for the area. Immediate supervisor was fantastic! Worked at Lenox for nearly 10 years. LOVED it when I started...and for the first 4-5 years. Then is was sold to Department 56.

ConsWow! Where to start? Upper Management is clueless. CEO is out to line his own pockets. Takes a limo from NYC to work....but no raises in years. They lay off lower level people, then hire their cronies to do the same work...at a significant pay increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your roots. Get rid of everyone at the top....especially Peter Cameron!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great co-workers, unresponsive management

Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThere are some great people at this company

Consowned by private equity
    no investment in employees, business, or technology for years
    unresponsive, bottom-line minded senior management
    too few employee left to perform necessary tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementINVEST in your employees and operations

Great product... but not a great employer

Manager (Current Employee) Bristol, PA

ProsNice people to work with, sample sales, location

ConsNo company morale, no bonus, no raises, not a place for career advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees help make the company what it is... give back to the employees... make them feel special and important that they work there... morale is very important

Company going down fast, CEO could care less.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bristol, PA

ProsGreat people work for this company! good work life balance.

ConsI've worked for Lenox for almost 10 years, and its going downhill fast. It certainly doesn't seem like the higher ups care as long as money is going in there pockets. Morale is bad because we haven't gotten raises in over 7 years. They lay off the people that actually DO the work and then give promotions to people in higher management! On top of that we pick up more brands, yet we have no money? To much work for the amount of people we have left.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the trends! Upper management are old and micromanage. Listen to your people and your CUSTOMERS, not just WHAT YOU LIKE or your FRIENDS AND FAMILY like. Stop bringing in consultants and your friends that know nothing to fill in positions you lay people off from.

Marketing manager

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Bristol, PA

ProsGreat people to work with, able to have balanced life

ConsToo much work, raises have been frozen for 5 years yet workload increased with constant layoffs. Upper management out of touch- very old

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to stay current, there needs to be a younger feel to the company and product.

Great people on the front lines, and new investment hopefully will get this once-great American brand back on track.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsVery good to great immediate supervisors; upper management at corporate didn't seem to know (or care) what was going on at store level. Prove you're a good, hard worker and you'll be at least appreciated, if not rewarded monetarily.

ConsNo room for advancement or higher pay due to problems with the company restructuring. Minimal to no raises for more than two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop product that consumers are interested in and market them appropriately. Look at your best markets and reinvest in them, like South Florida, despite the higher costs in shipping to those out-lying stores.

Worked for Lenox Group? Contribute to the Community!