Lenox Hill Hospital

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent

Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsVery flexible. Clean environment and wonderful management staff

Consneeds more people Calls not returned in a timely manner and emails unanswered from top management

Advice to Senior Managementbe open minded with people who has talent

Former Employee/ Agency/ Contract

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLenox Hill is part of the larger NSLIJ system so there are hundreds of different opportunities available at any given time. The hospital is updated and clean with a very easy commute.

ConsI worked there for a year and still to this day do not know what the culture of this hospital is, but I felt like it was every man for himself. I could never really feel comfortable because for the most part I didnt feel welcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach all staff how to treat any outsider that comes to work for your organization...make them feel welcome or you could loose a potential loyal/long time employee.

Not what ppl think

Nursing Attendant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe union benefits are absolutely fabulous!

ConsEverything else is just bad!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together...listen to your staff!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had a wonderful experience at Lenox Hill Hospital

Resident Physician (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThere was no shortage of patients from the plastic surgery clinic who desired cosmetic surgery. The attending plastic surgery staff at Lenox Hill are among the best plastic surgeons in the country if not world. They were very willing to train their residents in all aspects of plastic surgery.

ConsReconstructive plastic surgery was not a very strong point of the training program however with the addition of Lincoln Medical Center and training at Cornell for Burn treatment this area was greatly made stronger

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

I would not want to ever work there again

Director (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood location in the city. Easy commute. Located steps from the subway on the East Side. Good benefits. No issues with work/life balance.

ConsUpper mgmt did not treat people well. Especially women - was a total "boy's club". Even after I left, I found out that Sr. Mgmt were unethically and illegally trying to prevent people (mostly women) from finding work elsewhere for no reason other than spite. I know of one woman who had to bring a lawyer into the situation to prevent upper mgmt from slandering her, even though she left her employment at Lenox Hill with a glowing HR record.

Inconsistent

RN/CCC (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGrowing - a lot of options available; growing interest in interdisciplinary interaction

ConsDepending on department one is in, disjointed learning and lack of communication between physicians and nurses leading to confusion with the patients

Advice to Senior ManagementDialogue needs to take place at bedside with family prior to tests being ordered and executed so they are an integral part of understanding their course of care

It's a nice place to work it you are the type of person that can overlook lack of strong administrative skills.

RN/CCC (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI'm with a dept that is expanding and I am working for the top Breast Surgeon in NY.

ConsAs stated above in first question.

Advice to Senior ManagementNS/LIJ needs to re-evaluate the hierarchy levels at LHH and maybe restructure/revamp some, if not most, of their administration (which they are doing).

Great people.

Nutrition Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsVery professional colleagues and great workplace environment. Great communication between peers and between upper level management and employees.

ConsAt times the space in the kitchen was a bit cramped and the technology could use an upgrade.

Good initial expereince. Unclear what the future holds with North Shore-LIJ

New York, NY

ProsLocation. Community. Potential for becoming a dominant institution in the city.

ConsManagement slow to respond. Physician retention poor. Focus on quality unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementProactively retain good physicians and staff since they will ultimately determine the success or failure of the hospital.

Much better now that LIJ has taken over

New York, NY

ProsSmart people and they want to do a good job. Hospital provides good patient care and I would go there as a patient

ConsThings are being added all the time. More paperwork, more checklists. They are always on you about customer service. If you took away some of the tasks there would be time for customer service. Think about it!!

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above

Worked for Lenox Hill Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lenox Hill Hospital reviews and ratings in New York, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lenox Hill Hospital CEO Gladys George. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Lenox Hill Hospital employees.