LensCrafters

www.lenscrafters.com

LensCrafters Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
LensCrafters – San Rafael – “Entrance to a typical LensCrafters, this one in…”

Eric Anderson

Pros
  • Getting a free pair of glasses every year is definitely a perk(in 26 reviews)

• They have great benefits including tuition reimbursement(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Even middle/upper management treated you like this, which is sad really(in 35 reviews)

• full time employees(30 hours) were very rarely given(in 28 reviews)

LensCrafters - a very sales driven company that demands a lot from their employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe best reasons to work at LensCrafters is the knowledge base you'll gain about the Optical Industry. They are very big on training. You'll also get a flexible schedule working morning or afternoon shifts so you can run errands, etc..and you'll always work at least 1 weekend day usually both Saturday and Sunday so you'll get up to 2 weekdays off which is always nice. Management may even allow you to switch shifts with a co-worker if you are in a non-management role.

ConsWork-life balance is not great if you enjoy Holidays and weekends off. Since you're in a competitive retail position, your expected to work every Holiday and almost every weekend. The work environment can be very frustrating and busy on weekends and the office environment can be very immature/non-professional. When it's busy, you won't be allowed to take a break as sales always comes first.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't overwork your employees, let them take their breaks without making them feel guilty about taking one no matter how busy your store gets. Be flexible, positive and understanding with your teams. If you treat them well, they will be very loyal to you, if not, they'll quit and work somewhere else which will ultimately cost you and the Company time and money to train and hire new staff.

Fulfilling being able to work at an employer who promotes from within.

Lab Technician (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsYou can start off with a H.S. diploma and make it almost anywhere in the company.

ConsIt can be cutthroat and sometimes opportunities are too far out of reach or the window closes too fast. But that's the game at every employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to core values you had in the 90 ' s and early 2000's.

Review

ProsGood hours are usually offered

ConsNot enough commission, not consistent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very professional and courteous

Optician Sales Associate (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

Prosfriendly and very helpful staff

Consnone that's worth mentioning on this

Advice to Senior Managementnone that I'm qualified to give.

too fast too furious

General Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosfast paced. great employees. great customers

Conslabor constraints. over whelming performance expectations without support

Advice to Senior Managementdecide on a customer service philosophy and support it through proper tools

Ok job for college I guess

Eyecare Advisor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible schedule and you certainly gain a lot of experience in sales and learn a lot regarding eye care.

ConsFor the amount of knowledge you need to know, Luxottica seems to be very stingy when it comes to paying their employees. For this reason, it becomes very competitive and I've had personal experiences where people have written off my spiffs as their own getting the commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of you need to pay your employees. And Second, think of a more efficient way to manage spiffs

No room for personal growth and development

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsA profit minded organization that has good intentions of caring about its employees. Great at kicking off the year with a trip for all the General Managers and Managing Doctors.

ConsThere is literally no autonomy. They micromanage leaders that have been in the business for many years. Their biggest downfall is trying to create a culture where feedback is appreciated and that ideas matter, but when it comes down to it you are told how to do things. Taking PTO is frowned upon even though you are encouraged to use it, my RGM would actually scowl when you reminded her that you requested PTO 30 days prior, in writing!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people you hire to run your business.

Eloquently forced out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic training programs both optically, and management programs. Benefits, teambuilding, and customer service USED to be a priority.

ConsI started Lenscrafters pre-Luxottica as an apprentice optician. I soon procured my License, and was promoted to a General Manager. Luxottica came into the picture several years later, and everything changed. They no longer wanted to pay for knowledge, nor cared about Associate Satisfaction. They also made it very clear that you were either on board or someone else would be. They worked off of fear, and found any reason to put people out. Very upsetting, as they lost extremely loyal, knowledgeable employees.To add insult to injury, they made them unrehirable at any Luxottica owned company.

Underpaid, overworked

Licensed Optician (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFree glasses, great co workers, good for beginners

ConsPoor management. Managers are never qualified to be leaders of optical but just to manage staff. Always something corporate tells to make more money. Pushy sales

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring random people to be managers and stop under paying your opticians.

EyeCare Supervisor

EyeCare Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsGood employee discount, free pair of glasses, decent on the job training, and a good foot in the door if you are looking to get into optical. Office culture is generally good with employees, being that the median age of store employees is between 20-early 40s.

ConsUnstable and fluctuating hours as an hourly employee, disorganized and money hungry upper management team. Many of the managers make promises geared towards growth and getting promoted that often don't happen.

Worked for LensCrafters? Contribute to the Community!