LensCrafters

www.lenscrafters.com

LensCrafters Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 3, 2014
LensCrafters – San Rafael – “Entrance to a typical LensCrafters, this one in…”

Eric Anderson

Pros
  • Getting a free pair of glasses every year is definitely a perk(in 26 reviews)

• They have great benefits including tuition reimbursement(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Even middle/upper management treated you like this, which is sad really(in 35 reviews)

• full time employees(30 hours) were very rarely given(in 28 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

very professional and courteous

Optician Sales Associate (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

Prosfriendly and very helpful staff

Consnone that's worth mentioning on this

Advice to Senior Managementnone that I'm qualified to give.

Ok job for college I guess

Eyecare Advisor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible schedule and you certainly gain a lot of experience in sales and learn a lot regarding eye care.

ConsFor the amount of knowledge you need to know, Luxottica seems to be very stingy when it comes to paying their employees. For this reason, it becomes very competitive and I've had personal experiences where people have written off my spiffs as their own getting the commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of you need to pay your employees. And Second, think of a more efficient way to manage spiffs

okay.

Licensed Optician (Former Employee) Brewster, NY

Prosi worked with nice people

Conscustomers had many bad attitudes

Advice to Senior Managementraise pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easiest retail job I've ever had

Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsEasy work, good management, free pair of glasses every year, no long hours after closing to get the store back in order like in most retail stores. Learn a lot about the benefits of different lenses, and wearing sunglasses.

ConsNot many hours available, everybody is part time. Sometimes the weekly goals are unrealistically high.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop setting goals so high

EyeCare Consultant review

Eyecare Advisor (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Busy retail environment
    - Good lens selection, making sales easier
    - Employee camaraderie

Cons- Heavy focus on sales, always pushed to beat last years numbers, sometimes will decrease hours if individual sales goals not met
    - In the lower pay range for all the work involved as an EyeCare Consultant - you sell, assistant the optometrist, keep track of all medical charts and have retail floor duties

Advice to Senior ManagementStress hard work and loyalty to company more than just the sales numbers, treat employees as people and not just a number

Great company to work for if you are interested in optical sales

Licensed Optician (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsLots of training, performance meetings, 401K, cross training, opportunities for advancement within the company.

ConsSalary could be better, overbearing management

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to truly reward your employees after all they are the backbone of the company.

constantly changing, not always for the better

Retail Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prossales models change when they dont work, some great managers in store level, room for career advancement, very customer service oriented, great technology

Conssome terrible management and terrible choices made by corporate level management

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the store managers run their stores; micromanagement will only chase away your talented leaders

High turnover with no longevity.

General Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood salary and benefits for managers only. The products that they carry are great and your employee discount really helps lower the steep costs. You get one free prescription pair of glasses each year.

ConsThis company constantly rotates their upper management from the VP down. These people then in turn let good quality people go and replace them with their own people. Regional Managers know nothing about the business and instead replaces everyone with their own people who know nothing about the business as well. Within one years time my region let go of sixteen out of twenty General Managers in only ten months. The few that remain are already being pushed out. Human Resources will not help. If you are looking for longevity in the areas of sales, lab, optician, or management, LensCrafters is definitely not it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a medical entity above a retail one. Stop hiring outside managers with only retail experience and instead hire experienced optical managers or only promote from within. Question your Regional Managers as to why turnover is so high.

"Tragic situation going on here"

Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsObtained pretty good experience, but not worth it for the long term

ConsI worked as a part timer at Lens crafter for a year and all i can say is that this is a tragic situation for employees who are actually working in the stores as opticians or eye care associates. The company is totally mismanaged. Its the typical situation of Corporate taking all the money and not distributing it to the people that actually are doing all all the real work. The compensation is awful, an un livable wage for a child that lives with their parents perhaps. All this is preposterous because the sales in many of the stores are significant and should be enough to offer attractive pay. I have yet to find a person in the field from this company with a kind word to say about it. ( though i'm sure people in corporate are glowing about how great this company is to work for ) And yes, its true they have the balls to send you home with out pay if business is slow. In fact i remember one day the company was receiving a shipment of what had to be 5000 dollars of new displays all carefully individually packaged in boxes. The shipping had to be a couple thousand alone. All this was totally unnecessary. While receiving these orders, they were sending people home. I had three managers, all with absolutely no optical experience in 8 months. What kind of optical company hires people with no optical experience or back ground to pretest and sell people glasses. I can't imagine a company like this surviving much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that you are an optical company that should be hiring quality people, paying not just competitive but attractive salaries. I believe especially in this business employee loyalty on the ground level is critical. After all you have patients that come in year after year expecting professional treatment from familiar faces .

Pretty good, nice people.

Licensed Optician (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCasual work place, have commission, nice people.

Conslow pay, high sales quota,

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the salary of Licensed Opticians.

Worked for LensCrafters? Contribute to the Community!