LensCrafters

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014
2.8

Eric Anderson

Pros
  • Getting a free pair of glasses every year is definitely a perk (in 31 reviews)

• Work life balance is pretty good, better than a traditional retail job (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Regional Managers come and go quickly there is no stability in upper management (in 42 reviews)

• I was forced to drop down to casual part time after being a full time employee for 3 (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Optician - Full Time

Former Employee - Licensed Optician in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Licensed Optician in Madison, WI

I worked at LensCrafters

Pros

Competetive Salary
    Commission
    Insurance and 401K benefits
    Paid Time Off

Cons

Sporadic schedule
    Nights and Weekends expected

Lenscrafters Lab Manager

Current Employee - Lab Manager
    Current Employee - Lab Manager

I have been working at LensCrafters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great benefits, work environment, team oriented, goal structured, hard work equals great pay

Cons

limited hours to schedule staff, micromanagement

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

I love helping patients look and see their best. Working with our doctors is rewarding and fun.

Cons

The company is growing and changing how we do business yet we do not clearly understand how to deliver the results expected. Sales goals and hours are delivered to the manager two weeks prior to the new month beginning which is not enough time to plan for large spikes you may have in your sales plan for that month. Hours are always a struggle and there usually not enough hours to meet the company expectations. Regional Managers come and go quickly there is no stability in upper management. Gm bonus are now barely existant

Reward your general manager montly with a bonus for making sales to plan. Make the bonus simple to understand. Minimize turn over on regional level. Give hours so General Manager can deliver training on store level so that meeting the new expectations are more achievable. When increasing a stores plan for each year please keep those plan increase at the company's quoted 5 to 8% not the 12 to 15% plan increases currently delivered

Review

I worked at LensCrafters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company, and good learning experience

Cons

very fast pace, push cold calling to get old patients to come back in for eye exams, hours are limited

Great learning opportunities.

I worked at LensCrafters

Pros

Great discounts, benefits and commission.

Cons

Not enough hours. They never, ever, have enough hours for there employees. They are always looking to cut hours, even when the store is extremely busy. They just give the Retail Manager and Retail Supervisor all of the hours, they have. O work life balance, and have the General Manager work the rest. My GM used to work 60+ hours every week. Not surprising that my store had gone through 4 different GM's in the last 3 years. One time I found my Retail Supervisor had fallen asleep at the bus stop, while waiting for his bus, because he had only worked 3 days and already had 30+ house in and he still had 2 or 3 more days to work.

Help your customers by giving your stores more hours, so that they can hire people..

Just keep looking

Former Employee - Licensed General Manager
    Former Employee - Licensed General Manager

I worked at LensCrafters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The friendships I have made

Cons

The rest of my experience there. Horrible, pathetic upper management. They treat their employees like dirt and still expect them to perform at top levels.

Stop being paper pushers and go into the stores and see what damage you are doing to moral.

Great Retail Job

Former Employee - Eye Care Advisor in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Eye Care Advisor in Joliet, IL

I worked at LensCrafters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Commission, Trendy, Flexible, fun ,work-life balance

Cons

communication, pushy, boring, sunglasses, pay

Helped me find my passion.

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

The company fully supports its employees and gives you every resource you need to succeed. Also, corporate is very big on education and hiring from within.

Cons

Dealing with any type of customer service has its own issues. People often treat you as a retail associate you would get at a clothing store. It can be frustrating that some customers do not understand how much goes into optical and all that we do.

Keep being an awesome company

Overall, it has been a pretty pleasant experience.

I have been working at LensCrafters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great for college students because shifts are fairly flexible, if you work hard pay is pretty good, there is always a chance for a pay increase. It's also pretty competitive which could be both a pro and con for some people.

Cons

Be prepared to never celebrate a major holiday again, as long as you work here. The company compiles customers phone numbers into a list and then requires sales associates to call them and inform them of current promotions, most customers get upset with associates. In general customers can be really hurtful to associates, and this company is a firm believer in "the customer is always right" and doesn't stick up for the associates that are being attacked. They also have this awesome program called "President's Club" and if you get on it you get a lot of perks, however the rules for it are always changing without clearly specifying what they rules actually are.

It would be nice to feel more support from managers when dealing with really "mean" customers, that's really my only real complaint about this company. As an associate I've had some customers really tear me down as a human being, yelling at me in front of everyone in the store, while my managers just stood and watched.

Inspiring, challenging , then painstakingly tried to keep up with the demands of an impossible goal

Former Employee - Licensed Lab Manager
    Former Employee - Licensed Lab Manager

I worked at LensCrafters full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have taken them all away , declined benefit packages , salary etc .

Cons

Cut backs are so great in staffing that there is no way to give quality eye care and make quality eye wear .
    If I can't feel good about what I'm doing then I can no longer do it.
    Hire more Opticians and less " frame stylists " style means nothing if you can't see

Stop cutting , hours and benefits.
    Stop pushing management at store level if you can not provide sufficient staff to perform the tasks.

LensCrafters Photos