LensCrafters

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
2.9

Eric Anderson

Pros
  • Getting a free pair of glasses every year is definitely a perk (in 31 reviews)

• Work life balance is pretty good, better than a traditional retail job (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Regional Managers come and go quickly there is no stability in upper management (in 42 reviews)

• I was forced to drop down to casual part time after being a full time employee for 3 (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Family environment

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

Good pay, management does what they can to accommodate my hours as a college student. Everyone is always friendly and helpful.

Cons

Not enough people in lab some days. Can be very hectic and some training can be vague.

Keep the schedules steady and let employees know more things going on in the store.

Good workplace

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

Flexible hours. In-store lab for fast turn around on eyeglasses

Cons

Not having enough staff to handle busy times

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

Co-workers and pay scale and customers

Cons

Sales goals to high sales pressure

Treat the staff like people not numbers

Lenscrafters

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

Learning new things constantly about the optical field, Laid back.

Cons

Having to make goal plans and sometimes not being able to make them.

Great place to start or grow your career

Current Employee - Store General Manager
    Current Employee - Store General Manager

I have been working at LensCrafters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LensCrafters really focuses all of their attention on the customer. Making sure the customers look and see their best is really what the company is about. There is a very well thought out, tested and measured sales process that helps associates to know what to ask, how to ask it and why the information is important tot he customer.

Cons

It is difficult for general managers to have work life balance as they are the only salaried workers in the retail store and the company very strictly monitors store payroll hours so the GM is the only one eligible to work longer shifts or extra days in high demand times.

Give more time for training and onboarding new associates, especially those in managerial roles. Most associates get "training by fire" even though there is a new training path there are not nearly enough training hours to fund it. I suggest having a training store in each major metropolitan area managed by your best trainer who can focus on all of the needs of the new associates and then they can send the right talent to the right stores at the right time. You will always have a "bench" this way.

I am an ABO optician and have been working for the company for 7 years part time.

Current Employee - Certified ABO Optician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Certified ABO Optician in Austin, TX

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

Once you meet goal you can make some great $$$... It's a fun job that requires brains to do... If your a people person this job is cake. If you can at least fake it till you make it, your good. Really hard to get fired here.

Cons

Advancing is tough. You absolutely need to keep up with your training and be able to go with the flow of management.... Hours are limited and goals can be rough.

Hourly could be better, and I feel like there's room for improvement in level of pay to knowledge ratio... Incentives are weak when other private doctors are willing to not only pay more but are more personable when it comes to upper management. I was specifically told that my bachelor degree in business will not help at all in climbing the ladder (even though I am also Abo, zero remakes, and succeed my goals). I was told management experience is "key" even though there's little room to grow and I have already been with the company for 7 years. I feel limited on what more I could do.

Challenging.

I have been working at LensCrafters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many areas to learn and master, which is a plus for me. Hands on with everything. New challenges every day in many different forms.

Cons

Not enough hours to go around for everyone.

Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your TEAM/s to better direct and and adjust as needed to collectively meet Store and Company Goal/s.

A good job, but not a career for anyone who has a college degree.

Current Employee - Optician in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Optician in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and convienence for college student to attend school and work.

Cons

You will find that managment change is very common. Sales module is very cookie cutter and often makes you feel fake. Management often put numbers before customer's interested.

Consider helping each employee's strength and weaknesses to help them grow their skills. Please don't contantly focus on the weaknesses and push on sales goals. It seems very impersonal.

supervisor

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

One time every year you have one pair for free.

Cons

They don't care much about the employee.

You should treat your employees like your best customers...

The company does not hold up to its proclaimed values of customer and patient care as its number one priority.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at LensCrafters

Pros

The Comany supports philanthropic charities and encourages it's employees to give back. Helping to give the gift of site is rewarding and the job is constantly changing and keeping you growing.

Cons

Payroll. The company runs on very low payroll and makes it impossible to meet customers demands and give quality care. Training suffers and you often have to work off the clock to complete mandatory tasks and job responsibilities.

Consider cutting other expenditures and giving back quality care. Not every holiday is a peak time for the optics business. People deserve to take time off and we've gone way overboard with black out dates. Get your Regional Directors to spend more time actually working in stores.

LensCrafters Photos