Leo Burnett Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
218 reviews filtered by

1. Love

I have been working at Leo Burnett

Pros

Lots of work
    Great people
    Great benefits great location always something to do or something going on creative plCe room to grow

Cons

Long commute and freezing in the winter, not a lot of guidance or room to grow within the company not a lot of help

Good

2. Great Company

Former Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Leo Burnett full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, good career assignments, very team driven, highly creative talent pool, good benefits and career opportunities, top level clients

Cons

Promotions may be slightly stagnated; loss of business could translate to layoffs

Bring back some of the talent you let go of during layoffs when the opportunity arises - open the doors - respond to employment applications.

3. Good place to work, not great.

Former Employee - Web Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Leo Burnett full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of creative and talented people around you.
    Cool projects
    Work/Life balance
    Benefits

Cons

Some more experienced (seniors) employes/management are close-minded (wont welcome new ideas to improvements/change) which makes talented people leave the company.

Choose carefully your managers

5. Equal parts good and ugly

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

I have been working at Leo Burnett full-time

Pros

Large company, good resources, good training, many smart people to collaborate if you are in the right group

Cons

Big, powerful and can be political.

Middle management isn't your best gauge of who the best employees are

Best agency in Chicago

I have been working at Leo Burnett

Pros

Amazing people - everyone at Burnett is a leader in their field and worked very hard to get where they are. People are welcoming and helpful. I've had brilliant bosses who were interested in my career growth and success. I love the nonprofit connection, as Burnett encourages all employees to volunteer and has relationships with a ton of Chicago charity organizations.

Cons

Long hours, but worth it if you love it. Definitely a competitive atmosphere and promotions do not come up often.

Great experience

Former Intern - Junior Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Junior Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Leo Burnett as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and friendly environment. It is a place you can wake up and be excited to go to.

Cons

The stratification of different departments can come in the way of work that can be executed much quicker.

Start employing people who have an understanding of both new media and web development process in order to keep up with the times.

8. Smart people!

Current Employee - Senior Digital Producer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Producer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Leo Burnett full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really smart people work here
    Interesting client work (both for North America and Global)
    Opportunity to make a difference

Cons

Lean teams so quite stressful

9. Great Agency to be a part of!

Current Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Leo Burnett full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really love this agency. There are a lot of fun people, the environment is cool and all in all a good place to work. Also, our Christmas party is a lot of fun. I heard there used to be bonuses, but those are gone. Bummer.

Cons

It's advertising so of course the hours our bad. I would also like to see a client roster that allows creative thinking, not just a production house, but I know that's pretty hard to find anywhere.

Let's be more ambitious about getting new clients! The agency is ready to help.

Internship Experience

Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Leo Burnett as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people within LB and outside. You are expose to do work for real clients. The events are pretty good and there is always good food. You are going to meet some pretty amazing talented people. Take advantage of every network opportunity. I think that's the most value you can get out of this internship.

Cons

The work you are going to be given is not as creatively challenging. Some of the creatives are stuck in a very traditionalistic mentality of doing work and it becomes inefficient. We live in a digitalize world and it's time to move on!
    Because the company is so big is hard to make a difference and be appreciated or valued by the work you do. So if you want to get that networking going be aggressive and get out of your comfort zone. There's lots of arrogant people, but also pretty great creative people, it's just part of the culture.

Make the intern project more fun and creative. The mentors I felt changed there mind most of the time when it came to giving feedback to the teams.

11. Amazing advertising agency environment. Leo Burnett fosters a supportive, a learning, and an interactive environment!

Former Employee - Vice President, Regional Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President, Regional Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Leo Burnett full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you want to contnue your growth and development in advertising, Leo B is the right choice. Great benefits, great perks. But you'll find the reason you stay is for the growth experience.

Cons

Always depends on who is assigned to your group, but you learn to make the most of it. You can learn from ANY leader, some are better than others.

I think upper management needs to be aware of everything that happens in the field and a way more willing to listen to what works in one versus another. Some of the leaders are less willing to look at new things than others. But overall, Leo B fosters an open, supportive environment. Great place to think and create!!

Leo Burnett Photos