Leonie Industries Reviews

3.7
Charles “Chuck” Thomas

1. Great Company

I worked at Leonie Industries

Pros

Great co-workers, interesting & challenging work. I really enjoy working for Leonie Industries.

Cons

Everyone's job stability greatly depends on government contracts.

2. GROWTH AND CHANGES FOR THE BETTER

I have been working at Leonie Industries full-time

Pros

Very passionate and amazing colleagues, solid benefits, a lot of perks, room for professional growth, never static, fast paced, promotes personal health and wellness and allows dogs in the workplace.

Cons

Leadership should get to know their team, be accountable and available.

Advice to Management

Be dynamic, embrace your entire team, everyone's opinion matter's, be available, lead by example, take time to understand proven processes, foster and build relationships, understand generation gaps and use them to your advantage, be consistent, eliminate top down favoritism.

Difficult to get your job done with so much change and conflict at the top

I worked at Leonie Industries

Pros

Great co-workers, interesting & challenging work, opportunity to travel

Cons

High turnover, lack of communication from seniors, lack of structure and some bad apples

Advice to Management

Get it together

5. It's a good company...

I have been working at Leonie Industries full-time

Pros

Management is very accessible. It's been a positive working environment and experience.

Cons

Communication with the employees and company opportunities are things you sometimes have to find out for yourself. The compensation and benefits depends on the contract. Sometimes the best person doesn't always get the job.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and transparent about information and decisions.

6. Review

I worked at Leonie Industries (More than 3 years)

Pros

The support staff was awesome. There was never a problem that wasn't solved immediately. I really enjoy working for Leonie Industries.

Cons

When my contract was ending, there wasn't anything else for me to go to, so I have to look elsewhere for employment, where as I would rather have stayed with Leonie.

7. Great Company

I have been working at Leonie Industries full-time

Pros

Interesting international work with meaningful impact

Cons

Midsize growth pains, but seem to be navigating well

Great company spoiled by top management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacific Palisades, CA

I worked at Leonie Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was empowered to conduct many wonderful projects. Autonomous, middle management trusted me completely. Great variety of projects. Telecommuted. Great technology support.

Cons

Everyone's job stability greatly depends on government contracts, which are won or lost based on top-level management's sense of direction in the business development concerns of the government defense contracting world.

Advice to Management

When the government contracts are coming in, life is great. However, when those contracts get "thin" and top management gets nervous and fails to empower the people they've hired, life becomes an exercise in paranoid survival.

Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Leonie Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are great people and the company is flexible.

Cons

Instability of organization is unknown.

The worst job I have ever had. If the rating system allowed "negatives" , every 1-star rating would be negative.

Current Employee - SC Planner in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - SC Planner in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at Leonie Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people seem to be honest and actually care, but they are very few and are never promoted into leadership positions.

Cons

If you enjoy being lied to and taken advantage of, you will be happy here. You sign a contract & then when you get into theater, the job description is 100% different from what you agreed to, and when you bring this up you're told (paraphrasing) " ...that's the job, take it or leave it." You can go to the PM, but he/she wont change anything for fear of making the military angry. Don't bother going to HR - they never respond. Basically, you are treated like cattle - the company has to have enough cattle in order to keep the military payments coming, they care less if you are being employed according to your job description or not, and that's the bottom line. Asking for clarification to ambiguous guidance, working to improve obsolete or inappropriate processes and demonstrating alternatives to accomplishing assigned tasks are not only frowned upon, you end up being "counseled" that you are risking your job if you do these things. Lastly, when the military blatantly discriminates against you - i.e. forbidding you to do the same administrative or individual things the soldiers are allowed to do in the same office - you better "take it like a man" and shut up. Woe be unto the person who expects to be treated fairly - he/she will be punitively sent home for fear of the almighty contract.

I've already called, emailed and otherwise made sure everyone I've ever known in the PSYOP community knows how horrible this company is and how poorly they treat people. I've made it my mission to ensure that professionals & competent people at least know how badly they are volunteering to be treated BEFORE they get here.

Advice to Management

I'd recommend finding out what is actually happening at the duty locations, but the management doesn't give a damn. As long as the government money is rolling in, they are oblivious and will work to remain so. I now understand why contractors and contractor companies are viewed as leeches by the military. That the CEO remains as isolated as possible on his pedestal & clueless speaks volumes about the lack of professionalism on the part of this "company".

Not bad, not great, could be better

I have been working at Leonie Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good bonus, good salary. Small company with very good benefits.

Cons

Don't honor everything in offer letter. Offer letters are in too general terms. Not many career or educational improvement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Honor everything you promise. Provide better career and educational opportunities for profesional development.

RSS Feed </> Embed