Leprino Foods Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Mike Durkin

Pros
  • Great pay and health benefits, 401K, and profit sharing (in 10 reviews)

• Decent pay and stability as long as you play their game (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible work life balance you have to work every shift and everyday can not leave early (in 11 reviews)

• There is no movement unless you're part of the good ole boys club (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of the employees are great to work with including the President on down. Everyone is helpful. There is room for advancement along with career path classes. The company invites new ideas and ways to grow the company in a positive direction. Great wellness program with an onsite gym. Just like a previous post Leprino Foods is the cheese company that other cheese companies strive to be. Leprino is somewhat of a fast paced company so you have to be able to keep up. I find that an exciting challenge and have learned to adapt.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Jun 4, 2015 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback! We hope to retain and attract motivated employees such as yourself for many years to come!

2. Conservative but Solid

Current Employee - Senior IT in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior IT in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time

Pros

The company's business has been very solid and its core customer base has been loyal. Infact, they have managed to grow their cheese and whey business through out my employment with them.

Cons

They are a little behind the times when it comes to being IT savvy.

3. Manager

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of work, fast pace, consistent abundant work load through out my experience. I have enjoyed my time with the company, I do consider myself fortunate in the position I hold.

Cons

Lean management and workforce, benefits for going above and beyond are lacking. Work load can be overwhelming. Rural locations leads to low pay rates when compared to the area work force at some facilities and some positions.

5. Great work place and people

I worked at Leprino Foods

Pros

- Environment that fosters feedback and creative thinking - Heavy investment in people development - constant innovation

Cons

- Although change is progressing throughout the company, its taking longer in some areas than others - Need a more modern benefits and compensation package

Advice to Management

- Keep up the changes going throughout the company

Jun 22, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We value your constructive feedback and are glad you enjoyed your career while here at Leprino Foods!

6. Best place to work for

I worked at Leprino Foods

Pros

Great Company to work for would go back again in a heartbewat

Cons

My contract ended and was not able to be extended

Advice to Management

none

Jun 15, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed your time at Leprino Foods!

7. Exciting time, dynamic culture, bright future

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time

Pros

Great blend of tenured knowledge and new, outside-in thinking. Respect for both short and long tenured employees helps build a culture that is embracing change. Lots of great work to be done with highly driven teammates and a culture that strives for excellency.

Cons

The workforce is lean and each individual carries a significant amount of responsibility. With that comes a lot of reward and empowerment to make significant contribution to the success of the business.

Advice to Management

Leverage the results of the employee engagement survey. Continue to attract and retain talent that fits well with the Leprino Foods culture and our future.

Jun 4, 2015 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback and many thanks for participating in the employee engagement survey as it is incredibly important to understand the concerns from our employees so we can turn them into ... More

8. Product Development and QA department was always very busy

Former Employee - Product Development Tech in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Product Development Tech in Denver, CO

I worked at Leprino Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay! This was my first job out of college and I really enjoyed the experience. If you're a recent grad with an interest in dairy science or ingredient manufacturing this is a good company to consider. They have a great development program that allows individuals to move up the ranks over time. It's a relatively new concept for this company.

Cons

Problems arose with the older techs who didn't possess a bachelor's degree when this became a requirement for all new hires. Mind set and work ethic of some could cause problems for all. General sense that management didn't really care about who worked in the kitchen or other similar positions. Micromanagement of kitchen cleaning duties caused dissension among techs that could have easily been avoided.

Advice to Management

Make decisions based off of the individuals who perform certain job duties every day. They know better than anyone else what needs to change and their opinions should be valued.

Jun 17, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience at Leprino. We value our employees and take into consideration all feedback and suggestions.

9. Good Job/Stable Company/Improvement Going On - Looking Forward To The Future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Financial/Job Stability Most famous cheese company you've never heard of Family Owned & Privately Held (feels like a larger family than a business at times) Great Perks - Bonus Plan, Profit Sharing, Gym & Cafeteria on-site Christmas & New Years Eve/Day Off

Cons

Inflexible Work Schedules (Generally speaking) Employee Engagement Vacation Policy

Advice to Management

Need to make decisions on employee engagement more quickly and listen to what they are saying, it will reap great benefits to drive engagement and retention. Embrace new technology and implement as it makes sense and for efficiency.

Jun 4, 2015 – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback and also thank you for participating in the employee engagement survey. All concerns will be considered and we hope to find solutions for you in order to keep you 3 MORE ... More

Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods

Pros

Great company. Great benefits. Very stable company.

Cons

Lack of collaboration among departments

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the long term employees for their knowledge and loyalty

High Stress, Long hours and High Turnover - The trifecta!

Former Employee - Finance in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Finance in Denver, CO

I worked at Leprino Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent annual pay, but you will work for it. Provides a product that is in demand.

Cons

Long Hours, Old Technologies, Poor Vacation, Inflexible work schedules. Every department is only looking out for their best interests. You have to get everything in writing when working with other departments to CYA. Most of IT is contractors and they do not care if the company is successful and their work (or lack of) shows that. IT's customer service has gotten worse as more off-shore resources are used to "save money".

Advice to Management

Leprino has a high turnover rate for a reason. Stop talking about all the changes that need to happen and actually make them happen. The old phrase "tripping over dollars to pick up pennies" is more like a motto at Leprino. They will throw lots of money at short term fixes but wont invest to fix the real problem. The gap between the workers and executives is large and until middle management starts looking out for the companies best interests Leprino will continue with its high turn-over.

RSS Feed </> Embed