Leprino Foods Reviews

• Denver, CO
3.6
Leprino Foods President Larry Jensen
Larry Jensen

1. Awesome work environment filled with honest, hard working people. Leaders are transparent and inspirational.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture is awesome, what I'd hoped existed in the world. I've felt trusted, supported, and empowered from my first day. Perfect conditions for success. Competitive salary. Opportunity for growth.

Cons

Being at a desk all day. Would like another week of Bavarian.

Keep doing what you're doing - sharing what you know, supporting and trusting your staff. Focusing on the big things and making morally conscious decisions.

2. Competitive company, good benefits, a times demanding, good foot in industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most people are willing to share what they are working on and take you under their wing. The benefits are really nice even though I don't use them (I use my husbands). In my department I have been promoted twice. They want to try to fix their employee engagement and satisfaction.

Cons

Long hours sometimes. Some old stragglers of yesterdays culture can still creep up and put a damper on positive outlooks. Management needs to get a backbone.

Please stop benefiting the bad eggs and making the good ones suffer for it.

3. Great organization!

Former Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Leprino Foods full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- amazing pay and benefits
    - corporate location in LoHi neighborhood of Denver is unbeatable
    - security and solid foundation for the future

Cons

- traveling can get old, but that applies anywhere
    - turnover for entry level hourly employees in the plants is hard on the rest of us

Better management of personnel in order to alleviate being burnt out from travelling

5. Great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- amazing culture
    - great location
    - even better pay and benefits
    - the company is on a path of global dominance and with the profit sharing and bonus options you are set here for a long time

Cons

- company is private both legally and culturally - you will never hear much about them

- be more open to the public/media/press

Careful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Leprino Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful company to work for. Great profit sharing plan. Growing at a steady and controlled speed. Good leadership at the top.

Cons

Seems to be a communication and vision gap between upper management and middle managers. In some department's, the people in managerial roles are only there because of their tenure with the company. They have no managerial skills and should not be allowed to continue in their roles as they are driving out good workers.

Mr. Leprino said it right at the annual meeting. We cannot continue to do things like we have done them for the last 40 years if we intend to continue to grow. Review the managers yourself, spend time with lower level staff members and listen to their opinions. A lot of good ideas are being stifled by bad managers. A lot of great talent is walking out because of inept people in a position of authority.

Ask for more money than Leprino is trying to offer you. You will work your tail off and they will be cheap towards you.

Former Employee - Senior Process Engineer, Technical Services in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Process Engineer, Technical Services in Denver, CO

I worked at Leprino Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Financially successful company. There are always projects that will be worked on and funded as long as the payback is there.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Paranoia around failing is a major driving force and this is not healthy for a healthy mental work life. This is a good company to work 3 years for, but if you are truly trying to grow yourself you will need to move on. There are a lot of talented people that do not get a chance for promotion since management is looking for the perfect person to fill a job.

You have some talented and loyal people: stop seeking perfection and work with the good, but slightly flawed people you have.

Grow Up

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Profitable company that has a established a history of good accounting practices.

Cons

Grow up and stop operating the way you did 65 years ago. Are you a world class company or not? Don't be so arrogant and get over yourselves.

Let managers manage versus a hand full of top management that do not know what goes on day to day. No one, especially the middle managers, listen because the are too busy to impress the right senior managers. Most of the these middle managers would have not made it past their first year in a large public company.

9. Great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

All of the employees are great to work with including the President on down. Everyone is helpful. There is room for advancement along with career path classes. The company invites new ideas and ways to grow the company in a positive direction. Great wellness program with an onsite gym. Just like a previous post Leprino Foods is the cheese company that other cheese companies strive to be. Leprino is somewhat of a fast paced company so you have to be able to keep up. I find that an exciting challenge and have learned to adapt.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Keep up the great work.

Its OK

Current Employee - Quality Execution Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

they have decent benefits for you

Cons

No much time away from work

Worst job ever

Current Employee - Quality Execution Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Leprino Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tough to find one. Some genuine people but they leave quickly. Great Denver location in up and coming neighborhood

Cons

Passive aggression around every corner. Who you know is more important than what you know. Huge egos prevent real innovation. If you are a woman, be prepared to top out at manager unless you happen to know someone that will give you a token position but no authority

Clean house and start over - take out the trash- even the ones that have protection.

Leprino Foods Photos