Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss

Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss President Richard M Rothfuss

Richard M Rothfuss

Legal Assistant II

Legal Assistant (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe people are super nice!! I am glad I got to work here as long as I did, the attorney's and staff were super friendly and helpful! :)

ConsThis market is down, just be forewarned.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice, they handled my lay off great! I would say I would have loved a little more notice, but things happen.

Fantastically Crappy Place to Work

Paralegal (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI guess pay. But if you have a college degree and quality skills you quikly realize that you are being totally taken advantage of.

ConsLets see where do I begin....

Management is terrible. There is a complete disconnect between the staff and upper management. As I have said before you can not manage or supervise me if you have no idea how to do my job and that seems to hold true for this place. They treat you like uneducated children who have to be constantly supervised and berated no matter how great of a job you are doing.

If you like working in a micromanaged but completely uorganized enviroment then this is the place for you. The maagers, supervisors and team leads are all craptastic. I have sat and watched my team lead cry 3 times at her desk in front of everyone! Who does that!?!?

I hate this place and I am looking everyday for somewhere else to work. Oh and did i forget to mention i was a temp for 2yrs before i was hired in. 2YRS!!!!!. Don't do it people run as far away from this place as you can. It is a soul sucking establishment that will use your talents to there advantage and discard you whenever they get the chance

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit please the place will run so much better. Stop fooling yourselves. If it wasn't for the people you manage cleaning up your everyday messes, you would have no clue what to do with yourselves

Horrid people worse company

ProsABSOLUTELY NONE I am ashamed of my time involved with this foreclosure racket

ConsEVERTHANG ! Truly everyone hates everyone and everyonebackstabs the next one.

Advice to Senior Managementgrow a pair and get out of that place

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It could be so much better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople who work there work hard and are wonderful.

ConsManagement leave plenty to be desired

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople skills on your management team should be a must.

Good entry level position, not much room to grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsLSR is a good place to get started as an entry level employee and allows a good resume building experience in programs used and information gathered

ConsThere doesn't seem to be much room to grow within the organization. While they say you will only be a temp for 6 months, there have been many people that were temps for 12-18 months.

Prior employee - multiple positions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsBeing downtown. Working with friends.

ConsHR is a nightmare. Condescending email messages are regularly sent from HR belittling the employees. Employees are not supposed to talk to one another. Ill-trained management. Grave lack of concern/respect for employees. Extremely low morale. Temps can be kept for years with no benefits, no direct hire and terminated out of the blue.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf even a scintilla of respect was shown to the employees, the morale would dramatically increase. The constant rules, belittling and condescension shown to employees is embarrassing to the company and the cause for the horrible morale level. Recognize that many of your employees only make it through the day there because they work with friends. Allow them to say hello to one another without condescension. After all, THEY are the ones who are making the firm run.

Never Again

Clerk (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGetting paid is the only true pro - being able to walk around downtown Cincinnati was a plus because you could go out on your lunch break and actually do something.

ConsSo many -
    Basically all your co-workers are ready to stab you in the back and gossip. Quite open about their personal lives to an inappropriate degree (often regarding significant others - I couldn't care less thank you).
    You are a cog not a person - they don't take the time to get to know you since they (reasonably) assume that in a fairly short amount of time you will be replaced by a new temp.
    Getting hired on directly is practically impossible.
    The departments usually have no clue what the other departments do and employees are discouraged from cross training - there were times I had to explain the legal process to other attorneys at the firm how the eviction process works (I didn't have a clue before I started the position).
    When I interviewed I had specifically said that I didn't want to have to work/speak with the defendant. This changed towards the end of my time their I was sort of "promoted" as I got to do my own job, the job of a girl who left, and expected to help with the overload of some of my other directly employed full time co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what the people under you do, learn what you should do and actually do it.

bad

Clerk (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosnone, I mean the pay is good, but chances are if you work there, you are a temp. So no benefits, insurance, etc.

ConsWhere do we begin? It appears everyone else hates each other. I am not sure if its because the workforce is mainly women, and everyone just feels like being catty or what. Was told on my first day that tattling is something they wholly take part in. But here is the worst part: NO one speaks to anyone. You park at the lot. You wait in silence. You board the bus, silence. You walk into work, silence. You work all day, silence. Silence. Silence. all day. You also regularly receive emails from HR scolding the employees on a regular basis. Then its always fun googling the company name and seeing people they have wrongfully foreclosed on. Its funny, because it just happen to know someone it happened to recently. Thankfully I no longer work there, and am doing WAY better at another firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementMight want to just shut down, it's not for you. Game over. I tell people at the place I am at now where I came from, and they gasp. You guys have a reputation. The response is always "Oh my God, you worked for THEM??? Yeah...just shut it down.

Be prepared for a high paced environment, high expectations and strict company policies

Staff - Paralegal (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe compensation is good for all that is expected of the employees. If you are there to work hard and you shine above others, it will be noticed. Advancement opportunities are high for heavy producers.

ConsSome managers need training in how to manage employees and teams. Also, at times there are periods of mandatory overtime. The organization cannot always predict sudden surges in volume though.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in management training sessions for your leaders.

NOT a nice place!

ProsI've worked with some great people (who unfortunately are not appreciated).

ConsManagement is terrible. The ones making the decisions have no clue what works best and do not seek or want input from the support staff. Salary isn't bad but not worth the stress and frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to the people who actually do the work.

Worked for Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss? Contribute to the Community!