Les Schwab Tire Centers

Great Job

Current Employee - Sales and Service Professional
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Professional

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are far too many pros to list, great hours, great pay, as long as you are willing to work hard this is the place for you. I have been with the company for four years and am already in a management training program. Very family centered company.

Cons

Working in the cold and heat can get to some people but the benefits and pay make it well worth it

Route, Sales and Serive

Current Employee - Sales and Service  in  Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Sales and Service in Carson City, NV

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, employees, benifits,, Once a year bonus

Cons

Like all places you have great Managers and you have awful ones. And most of the awful ones seems to be the "2nd Generation Schwabbies" ie existing mangers friends and or familys managers need to wake up and pay attention to you employees who help you take home your monthly bonus.

Listen to you employee's they run the store and get a real prospective instead of only coming around once a year to look a store for 20 mins to only forget who is working for you 5 seconds later and then ask there name again and not even listen to there concerns.(yes has happen to me 2 times in 7 years)

It's more than just a job

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time

Pros

Les Schwab is a place that has a strong focus on employees and our customers. Excellent benefits and profit sharing programs make all of the hard work worth it. The company continues to grow and create opportunities to advance. What I thought might be a job, I now have a career.

Cons

The hours can be long at times.

Continue the importance and value for the employees and customer service level.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Alright work

Former Employee - Sales and Service  in  Corvallis, OR
    Former Employee - Sales and Service in Corvallis, OR

I worked at Les Schwab Tire Centers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working on cars/ laid back environment, fast paced working experience, They schedule good based on students, and make sure you get a good amount of hours in.

Cons

it is hard to top out because they ware you down way before you can get to that pay, dealing with customers who are only worried about themselves.

pay your employees better

Fair and Rewarding

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Les Schwab provides us with excellent benefits and promotional opportunities. Love how everyone works together to make a store successful and I respect how we support our communities by participating in and donating to local events.

Cons

Working in the bad weather can be tough but it also brings increased sales that benefit us because of the unique profit sharing that Les created.

Unappreciated!!! Current employee of 13 + years. I doubt this Is what Les had in mind. Can't wait to find a new job

Current Employee - Sales and Service  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales and Service in Portland, OR

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well pros.. Not many. Benifits and retirement. Good retirement. If you are a manager then there are lots of pros.

Cons

Not nearly enough pay for a top wage employee. Hard to support a family on that pay scale unless you are in management. They say its all about family and customers... For management it's all about $$$$$$. Always getting the customer buying somthing in and out faster than the customer who has already bought tires and is waiting to get a flat fixed for 2 hours. Tryin to get a Saturday off or maybe a long 3 day weekend to do somthing with your family is nearly impossible. Management rotate every weekend off between manager and asst mgr. long weekends if they want. Leave early Friday or and take off till Monday or take Saturday off and comeback Tuesday. Management does whatever they want. Come and go as they please. They need to held accountable and have surprise visits from zone and regional managers. Oh and finally we have sick pay this year. Its always been if you dont work tou dont get paid!!!!! Im sure managers are pissed about having to pay an employee when hes/she is home sick. Would rather just come to work and give everyone the flu. Unreal!! Just not a good company to work for anymore. Lots of other jobs out there that pay more and are way better to there employees. I have seen lots of great employees walk away from big bonus and benifits and take big pay cuts just to get out of this company. I'm not far behind...

Take care of your employees!!!!! Hire more employees so that way when all of the experienced ones leave your not screwd to bad.

This is a great company for people to learn about customer service

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They teach you how to run an business and take care of customers. The company has a great retirement program. With lots of opportunity to grow.

Cons

Like any job that gives a lot, a lot is expected in return. There are lots of long hours.

Sales & service

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers

Pros

Great company lots of potential great work out great pay and bonus programs lots of room to moved up if goung have drive

Cons

Mangers are hit and miss hard hard work really fast pace lots of turnover long hours lost of demands expected of the employees

Respect your hard working employees tell them thanks everything once in a while

Tremendous Opportunity

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tremendous culture of service that builds loyal customers. Attractive benefits package, including profit sharing, retirement and medical. Opportunities to grow with the company.

Cons

The work is hard but if you love serving customers and getting rewarded for it, you'll love working for this company.

Keep a great thing going.

Working for Les Schwab for 8+ years

Former Employee - Sales and Administrative  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Sales and Administrative in Boise, ID

I worked at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This company has one of the best career oppurtunites and benifits

Cons

As Sales and Administration, There is not chance for advancement.

Leadership within some locations do not support and back their hard working employees whome have earned their position, there is favoritism for employees who are not dedicated or deserve this as their career.

Worked for Les Schwab Tire Centers? Contribute to the Community!