Les Schwab Tire Centers

Updated January 25, 2015
3.4

Les Schwab Tire Centers CEO Dick Borgman
Dick Borgman

Emphasis on customer service and work ethic, good benefits

Current Employee - Sales and Service in Richland, WA
    Current Employee - Sales and Service in Richland, WA

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers

Pros

Keeps you in shape, crew takes pride in their work and holds each other accountable. Management has promoted from within and has spent time in the bays, not just someone with a degree and no experience. Customer comes first, rewarding to solve problems and ensure they leave happy.

Cons

Physically demanding, will ruin your body if you stay in the bays or on the road for a prolonged time period. Lots of politics... not unlike most places I'm sure, and you work with a small crew of the same people every day, so there would probably be conflict with any work environment similar to this. Only way to promote is to move to unknown location (minimum of 3 times to be a manager) of corporate's choice, you cannot pick and choose which stores you get, especially in the first two tiers.

None really, I respect that they started at the bottom and worked their way up.

A company that takes care of its employees.

Current Employee - Manager in Manteca, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Manteca, CA

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits
    Retirement
    Profit sharing
    Those willing to work and live up to a higher standard are rewarded.
    Teach great business lessons

Cons

To progress does require moving

Continue to visit the stores and listen to the people on the front lines.

Sales & Service

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers

Pros

Excellent health care.
    I'm working with friends.
    Customers tend to really love you, they bring us donuts and pizza as a thanks for such great service.
    It's a good workout, most employees tend to lose fat very quickly.

Cons

The pay is quite low.
    The work is stressful and physically demanding.
    Many of the older employees have lots of problems with their bodies because of the work.
    Depending on your location, your managers can be downright useless.
    My managers did not teach me a thing. For example, at one point I found myself having trouble balancing a certain tire so I told my assistant manager that I was having trouble, instead of teaching me he shouted "I do not care if you're having trouble, get it done."

Many Les Schwab managers are fantastic, keep up the amazing work. Others should retire if they hate their jobs so much that they mistreat fresh employees.

Get ready to work hard

Former Employee - Sales and Service in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Sales and Service in Provo, UT

I worked at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time

Pros

Hard work is generally rewarded. If you are willing to learn you can make it far and make good money if at a profitable store.

Cons

All managers are not made alike. Work slows in the winter and layoffs are inevitable and you may get let go due to seniority. Won't get many weekends off.

All managers care about is their monthly bonus. Give more incentives to the employees that do the work.

Great company, but get ready to work hard

Former Employee - Sales and Service in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Sales and Service in Murray, UT

I worked at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Keeps you active, fun and fast paced environment. They only promote from within so there are TONS of opportunities for advancement. Pays well and you learn a lot while there.

Cons

Don't apply if you can't keep up, because doing tires with a company this large is no joke. You're going to sweat, and sweat a lot.

Sales and service

Current Employee - Sales and Service

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, good benefits, nice store profit sharing program. Dividend program.

Cons

Long hours, management that does not appreciate long time employees, pay has a "max" and after a while reviews really mean nothing. Lack of true training. No facial hair and no visible tattoos.

Change profit sharing bonus to quarterly instead of yearly. Allow "groomed" facial hair. "Sick days" would be a nice addition. Some areas have too many stores and provide un-needed extra competition. Company does not seem willing to "change with the times".

Sales AND Service

Former Employee - Sales and Service
    Former Employee - Sales and Service

I worked at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent at Les Schwab but you WORK for every penny you get. Benifits are good! Yearly Bonus program is a definite plus.

Cons

Pay should be higher for the work performed. Training is horriable, Staff changes constant. New guys in, New guys out, OVER AND OVER AND OVER

TRAINING! APPRICIATE YOUR EMPLOYEE'S THAT HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YEARS BUSTING THERE BUTT TO HELP PROVIDE YOUR 100K SALIRIES.

Great Job

Current Employee - Sales and Service Professional
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Professional

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are far too many pros to list, great hours, great pay, as long as you are willing to work hard this is the place for you. I have been with the company for four years and am already in a management training program. Very family centered company.

Cons

Working in the cold and heat can get to some people but the benefits and pay make it well worth it

Route, Sales and Serive

Current Employee - Sales and Service in Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Sales and Service in Carson City, NV

I have been working at Les Schwab Tire Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, employees, benifits,, Once a year bonus

Cons

Like all places you have great Managers and you have awful ones. And most of the awful ones seems to be the "2nd Generation Schwabbies" ie existing mangers friends and or familys managers need to wake up and pay attention to you employees who help you take home your monthly bonus.

Listen to you employee's they run the store and get a real prospective instead of only coming around once a year to look a store for 20 mins to only forget who is working for you 5 seconds later and then ask there name again and not even listen to there concerns.(yes has happen to me 2 times in 7 years)

Alright work

Former Employee - Sales and Service in Corvallis, OR
    Former Employee - Sales and Service in Corvallis, OR

I worked at Les Schwab Tire Centers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working on cars/ laid back environment, fast paced working experience, They schedule good based on students, and make sure you get a good amount of hours in.

Cons

it is hard to top out because they ware you down way before you can get to that pay, dealing with customers who are only worried about themselves.

pay your employees better

Les Schwab Tire Centers Photos

Stand Shoulder to Shoulder with the Best!

+ Add Photo