Les Schwab Tire Centers

www.lesschwab.com

Les Schwab Tire Centers Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Les Schwab Tire Centers – “Stand Shoulder to Shoulder with the Best!”

Les Schwab Tire Centers CEO Dick Borgman

Dick Borgman

It's more than just a job

ProsLes Schwab is a place that has a strong focus on employees and our customers. Excellent benefits and profit sharing programs make all of the hard work worth it. The company continues to grow and create opportunities to advance. What I thought might be a job, I now have a career.

ConsThe hours can be long at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the importance and value for the employees and customer service level.

Alright work

Sales and Service (Former Employee) Corvallis, OR

ProsWorking on cars/ laid back environment, fast paced working experience, They schedule good based on students, and make sure you get a good amount of hours in.

Consit is hard to top out because they ware you down way before you can get to that pay, dealing with customers who are only worried about themselves.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employees better

Fair and Rewarding

ProsLes Schwab provides us with excellent benefits and promotional opportunities. Love how everyone works together to make a store successful and I respect how we support our communities by participating in and donating to local events.

ConsWorking in the bad weather can be tough but it also brings increased sales that benefit us because of the unique profit sharing that Les created.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unappreciated!!! Current employee of 13 + years. I doubt this Is what Les had in mind. Can't wait to find a new job

Sales and Service (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsWell pros.. Not many. Benifits and retirement. Good retirement. If you are a manager then there are lots of pros.

ConsNot nearly enough pay for a top wage employee. Hard to support a family on that pay scale unless you are in management. They say its all about family and customers... For management it's all about $$$$$$. Always getting the customer buying somthing in and out faster than the customer who has already bought tires and is waiting to get a flat fixed for 2 hours. Tryin to get a Saturday off or maybe a long 3 day weekend to do somthing with your family is nearly impossible. Management rotate every weekend off between manager and asst mgr. long weekends if they want. Leave early Friday or and take off till Monday or take Saturday off and comeback Tuesday. Management does whatever they want. Come and go as they please. They need to held accountable and have surprise visits from zone and regional managers. Oh and finally we have sick pay this year. Its always been if you dont work tou dont get paid!!!!! Im sure managers are pissed about having to pay an employee when hes/she is home sick. Would rather just come to work and give everyone the flu. Unreal!! Just not a good company to work for anymore. Lots of other jobs out there that pay more and are way better to there employees. I have seen lots of great employees walk away from big bonus and benifits and take big pay cuts just to get out of this company. I'm not far behind...

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees!!!!! Hire more employees so that way when all of the experienced ones leave your not screwd to bad.

This is a great company for people to learn about customer service

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThey teach you how to run an business and take care of customers. The company has a great retirement program. With lots of opportunity to grow.

ConsLike any job that gives a lot, a lot is expected in return. There are lots of long hours.

Sales & service

ProsGreat company lots of potential great work out great pay and bonus programs lots of room to moved up if goung have drive

ConsMangers are hit and miss hard hard work really fast pace lots of turnover long hours lost of demands expected of the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your hard working employees tell them thanks everything once in a while

Tremendous Opportunity

ProsTremendous culture of service that builds loyal customers. Attractive benefits package, including profit sharing, retirement and medical. Opportunities to grow with the company.

ConsThe work is hard but if you love serving customers and getting rewarded for it, you'll love working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a great thing going.

Working for Les Schwab for 8+ years

Sales and Administrative (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsThis company has one of the best career oppurtunites and benifits

ConsAs Sales and Administration, There is not chance for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership within some locations do not support and back their hard working employees whome have earned their position, there is favoritism for employees who are not dedicated or deserve this as their career.

Have to work and have common sense!

Sales and Service (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsGood pay and people.

ConsTo move up in company you have to move to who knows where

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, Possible long as you are willing to move anywhere.

They don't care about you, you can be replaced the next say.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStarted as a part timer with 40 a week than moved to 29- hours a week, decent co workers.

ConsManagement doesn't care about you , they only care about there big fat bonuses, commercial boss is lazy and never helps, hurt my back and was told Injury was not severe enough for workers comp got let go the next day. Some of your co workers think they are superior than you and make you do tasks that don't make sense. Pay is extremely horrible and not a chance to succeed In such a company. This is by far the worst place I have ever worked in my life. Worked there for 1 year

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe if you don't care about your big fat bonuses someone will appreciate your work, also don't call your employees " family " if you're going to treat them like dirt.

Worked for Les Schwab Tire Centers? Contribute to the Community!