LesConcierges

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
2.1

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around (in 6 reviews)

• very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing opportunities, great pay, awesome benefits!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company provides wonderful benefits and pay, great experience and knowledge, supportive upper management (for the most part), and amazing opportunities to grow within the company in no time! I strongly recommend this job for someone who is ambitious, a fast learner, and outgoing...

Cons

Due to the fact that the company prides itself as being the top concierge company in the business customers can be very demanding and therefore it can get stressful, but if you are not sensitive, and have a positive, cheery attitude this will not get in your way!

Amazing Co-Workers, Not So Amazing Management.

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with well traveled people who have a lot of knowledge about the world and traveling it.
    Location is amazing for the San Francisco Office.
    Employee Appreciation through snacks and beverages being provided.
    Benefits begin day one and training is paid.

Cons

Lack of organizational and management skills from leaders who are responsible for guiding the company.
    Lack of SOP's, and Employee Code of Conduct.
    Favoritism with promotions, and scheduling.
    Managers lack management skills and desperately need less work load or more assistance with how to manage effectively.
    High stress work environment with constant turnover and lack of communication across the board from top to bottom.

Listen to your employees and when you say you are going to change something then change it.
    Provide proper training to managers in order for them to know how to manage properly.
    Let your employees know you appreciate them more, and don't take advantage of the ones that work the hardest.
    Give pay increases for performance or bonuses.

Lifestyle Insiders

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Office and Location
    World Class training in luxury lifestyles
    Partnership perks in hospitality industry
    Corporate Culture - Special Events, Free Daily Refreshments, dress code is great

Cons

-expect changes and chaos everyday, every hour within the entire company
    -call center environment
    - no opportunity for upward mobility

LesConcierges constantly evolving, good place for right person

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

lively workplace culture with wide range of creative as well as corporate types
    cooperative work environment
    in global growth phase
    quality client list
    commuter's ease to Union Square location
    immediate and generous benefits upon hiring (no 90 day wait period)
    access to LC/city/regional hospitality industry events & experiences
    spacious desks, natural lighting, windows that open, snacks and beverages provided
    specialty teams for travel and tickets
    some advancement opportunities
    informative training seminars and client in-house visits
    constantly changing business environment
    open communication

Cons

vacation time could be increased
    24/7 operation means working some eves or weekends, and holidays
    some managers lack vision/expertise
    need for staffing results in some poor hires
    some internal communication issues
    favoritism
    IT dept needs beefing up

Bring in consultants to observe and make recommendations in management style/team
    Create peer reviews for staff and for managers
    Recognize and channel talents/energies of staff
    Leadership and communication seminars benefit everyone and should be required of managers

Reply to March 3rd 2014 post

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Location, select group of people who had integrity,

Cons

Speaking out when things are not right

More than one person has gone to HR and to TRInet related to questionable practices related to diversity. People talk - and when no subsequent action takes place it is hard to believe commitment. Putting money into PRIDE is different than establishing a culture that values diversity of thought , lifestyle and approach. When you hear senior management say "I need to put on my heels because certain senior manager thinks I look like a dyke in flats" and this is heard by more than one person, as well as sundry other actions or statements that get stated in sr management meetings where no one stands up- and if you do you are pushed out-it is hard to trust there is commitment to change a blame/favoritism culture.

I wish company well. I learned what I needed about my own values about trust and integrity. Culture is far more than words. It is daily actions from the top. It is tough work. And it all starts with trust, something that was sorely lacking when I was there. I know this is challenging when resources are tight but I also know you've hired dozens of people over the years and stated you wanted to change this, yet actions appear to continue to diminish your intent. Challenge Yourselves to get at root cause . Every conversation I tried to be part of or initiate on this didn't get the right top leadership support and at times I seriously felt like leadership was working against me. I take accountability for my part and I wish I could have had the right leadership support to be successful.

There have been many great people who have worked there and many who are still there. Culture is more than words and coffee carts!

What is going on with this place?

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

There are some great people who work here. Great location.

Cons

The upper management are sneaks and liars. You can't trust any of them. Especially the ones in power right now. This makes a person scared for their job.

Who cares about snacks? Pay your people more. Get rid of the 'men's club' in upper management. Stop moving people up who have NO experience, unless you are actually going to pay for their training.

Absolutely Incompetent and Clueless

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits package is ok, but most of that money comes right out of your check. The company doesn't contribute very much for your benefits, at all. If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan. I suppose at least they offer one.

There are snacks, open windows, and some people are cool yet everyone is stressed out and the morale is in the toilet due to high turnover and very poor decisions made from the very top.

People are promoted, sure, but typically they are in positions that are a lateral move and not one that causes great influence to the company's bottom line. You'll end up spinning your wheels with the same dream and desire MANY people before you have had wishing you could change the company for the better but, it's all for not because all decisions rest with one person and one person only. Note: She didn't send you a Christmas card.

Cons

I think that any reasonable person can easily see through the smoke and mirrors maybe less for candidates but those that have lived through LC understand what that means. While "positive" reviews are placed into Glassdoor it is clear that those reviews are usually damage control for a PR situation that has become completely unhinged long ago. To be frank, the management team can't seem to muster the ability to do things right and instead aim to patch and band-aid things, pretending, and living in a fantasy land.

The change in management within this company is horrific and catastrophic without any real plan. If you would take the time to examine the history and average tenure of people on the management team (excluding the Chairman, of course) you'd be shocked to learn just how many people have had a very brief stay with LC at the C-Suite. This is a huge sign that things within the senior leadership team are unstable at best and certainly not beneficial to a long term and healthy career within LC itself. Placing people in charge who have no proven or established leadership experience of a company of this size is deplorable and a sign that the company is headed straight for an iceberg with no one at the helm to stop it.

Concierges and those that choose to stay do so out of necessity because many of them have no choice or are supporting a family. Management is fully aware of that handicap. People who join full of life and excited are soon replaced with feelings of despair and sadness. I've seen the place suck the life out of people and this includes people who have left the company with health ailments due to stress and being taxed with the burden of handling the jobs of several people. There are teams that have excessively high turnover and that causes a tremendous amount of stress, morale problems, and certainly everyone having to scramble at the last minute to barely cover what is needed.

I could go on and on and on and on. There are things I can't say here too because they would be deemed sensitive to the company's business. However, I can assure you that it took me around six months or more to fully recover from my LC experience as an employee. I would hope to never allow another person to have to go through what I and many people have already experienced. To say the company and their treatment of people is horrible is an understatement. I'm so ashamed I don't even want to include LC on my resume.

Any time you have a company that has an EXCESSIVE turnover, it is never the employees that are the issue. It's the leadership. Don't believe for a second that they have a clue on how to properly run a professional company.

You've had survey after survey...with little to no action.
    You've had a team of employees band together into a task force, with little effect.
    You've had people tell you to your face in writing and in person how horrible things are and even recommendations for improvement which fall on deaf ears.
    You've had years to correct the wrongs and certainly a change in leadership means nothing since those people have very little power, it's all controlled from one person.
    So there is no advice from this review. You've had PLENTY of advice without taking any of it. You've made it clear that you're going to do what you want to do and people better just "get used to it or leave".

False claims of assets and capabilities, to staff and clients.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

International network could be a major asset, if the leadership practiced true partnerships. The office locations are well situated, but there is no comfortable movement and interaction within the organization.

Cons

Dysfunctional relationship between owners causes insecurities and paranoia across senior management, who mistreat staff that leads to high attrition rates.

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. Record the claims and promises you make to your staff and your clients, and listen to them the next day.

All Dress and No Knickers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location, location, location. A Maiden Lane address just off of San Francisco's Union Square. Interviews are held in the conference room of the flashy executive level. The pros of this place are the concierges. The benefits are good by market standards if one is eligible for them. Numerous talented, bright, high-spirited, ambitious young people see this as a great starting place for a blossoming career. The initial training is adequate, but it's also where the smoke and mirrors are introduced. The senior executives are masters of deception and exploitation. The folks working outside of the "executive suite" are among the brightest, kindest, well-intended people I've ever met. Sadly, one learns the camaraderie among the ranks is a Stockholm Syndrome-like relationship for having endured the same toxic torture. The thinly veiled disdain senior executives have for one another is only eclipsed by their passion for living the life of the rich and famous at the expense of their (dwindling) clients and exploited employees. On the few occasions I walked through the executive area, there was no glance of acknowledgment, no glimmer of a smile - only a curious grimace of who let you in here. There were some strong managers in the past, but anyone worthwhile is long gone. The mid-level managers are the product of no management training, no mentorship, and no acknowledgment whatsoever on a job well done. Last year at a town hall meeting, we were told senior management was "working" with Glassdoor to improve the company's reputation in the market.

Cons

A lot of bright, talented, ambitious, people walk into this place thinking it's too good to be true. It is. Six months, a year, two years later, they walk out feeling shell-shocked, demoralized, cynical, bitter, violated and grateful. Business decisions are based solely on emotions and favoritism. One's performance and contribution to the business has little to no effect on job security, upward mobility. Cronyism, favoritism and nepotism abound. People are literally pitted against one another, creating an environment of paranoia, insecurity and unease. The most satisfying part of your day is walking out the door at the end of a shift knowing at least part of your day won't be spent there.

Would be like telling the Captain of the Titanic to take a hard turn starboard. It's curious, why is the CEO & President not isn't listed here as the CEO? but rather, two of his subordinates? Standby, I'm sure the Employee Engagement Manager has a meaningful answer.

A Game of Chess. Slave shop! Warning! Do not work here! You will be sorry!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at LesConcierges (less than an year)

Pros

The concierges are fun to work with. They are the reason why I stayed with the company so long. (I hope more take this step to disclose this awful place on glass door) Making clients happy.

Cons

I am surprised that more people have not complained on glass door about their job here! Where do I begin? Well, when starting out with the company, we all had high hopes even though we noticed the negative reviews on this page. We started out with many in a new office and after approximately seven months after training, over half are gone. Most of them got fired and the others simply left without looking back. There are many lies in regards to the stability of the job. Many get told they are wanted and are doing a great job (safe ), however , they get fired. We literally walk on hot coals the entire time. They fire at least one person per week! No body feels like they are appreciated and the people who currently work there pray for the day when they find another job in order to get out of the hell hole. Too much stress! No sense of direction! Terrible training and then they blame you for something that goes wrong that you have not been taught! Call centers are in competition with each other! Too much favoritism in one particular call center! Unfair practices! Too many head games! Lots of gossip. Stay away! Most people wished they had!!!!!!! Please trust me or you will be sorry. Gloomy place!!!!!

Make all the call centers the same playing field. Do not lie to employees! Please make ways for all call centers to have fun! Help the employees to feel like they are working in a stable environment.

LesConcierges Photos