LesConcierges Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management are sneaks and liars (in 6 reviews)

• very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

1. Kudos To Everyone on My Team!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great learning experience in my department, love my colleagues, flexible schedule when needed. My direct managers understand and care for me as a team member. Trust, honesty, respect and integrity exist in my department. My direct managers will keep the company going. Keep up the good work! Overall, the company treated me well (two promotions).

Cons

No performance reviews, employee engagement measurments are not available and management training is not available. Salary is not consistent with my experience. Saving money for labor should not be a priority in my department. Keeping clients requires the correct FTE support.

Advice to Management

Train managers/executive team about engagement measurements. It's important to measure annual engagement for employees and management team. Happy employees will create happy clients. Also, measure customer satisfaction and how the company can improve on an annual basis. When doing an RFP, they need to sell the product on engagement scores rather than white glove service standards. White glove service can only be done once they begin to measure employee engagement scores. Many clients want to see employee engagement standards as this is proof of a happy environment. Start engagement measurement today! Invest in this ASAP. Create a QA department to measure management with their team. Gallup will assist LC with this. They need to contact the Gallup organization ASAP! Also, I suggest CEO/CFO should be separate positions, (money shouldn't mix with CEO) my opinion. I suggest everyone in management read Jack Welch's "Winning". Great training tool in a 911 situation. My four stars are for the leaders in mid-management. Management team have a lot to balance. Although, I was treated well, it is obvious that change needs to happen overall. Please know that these are meaningful comments and I care for those that are trying to make this company a success. Great things are to come for this company if organized and restructured again. All the negative comments are sad to read so I thought I give a little input on my ideas. However, I'm not an expert. There's a little bit of change required at LC and I do know these are easy fixes. The formula is easy to create.........Good Luck.

Broken Beyond Repair!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PEOPLE who do the actual work are/were an incredible, talented group of individuals. Employee Loyalty division is efficient and successful with an approachable business-minded leader.

Cons

Pompous, overpaid CEO thinks he knows everything but it is clear he does not. His people skills are dismal. The company has run through scores of brilliant professionals whose contributions were under appreciated or under utilized, or both.

Advice to Management

Turn business over to Employee Loyalty and call it a day!

Concierge

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office, coworkers, benefits, location, culture and opportunities

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming, especially when associates call off work.

Change isn't a bad thing

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, Set schedules, 2 back to back days off (like any other normal week), pay is ok (we can always complain about pay), empowerment and liberty to take initiative, I enjoy working here, and yes there are people leaving but as with any other workplace environment the people that have been here a long time are set in their ways, so when change happens some people get scared and often have made their contributions and a ready for a new environment. For any new prospective employee just be aware that this is a professional environment and not just "some" job. Benefits package is actually REALLY good for what you pay & if you know how to use it.

Cons

Be aware these are high end clients, that expect end service which means it's a lot of work & not enough dedicated people to always pull it off. Picking up the slack of others. Account Specific training is lacking & the business itself is overwhelming. Workload

Advice to Management

Remain true to the culture & build a proper training system for all accounts beyond a 1 hour classroom environment & shadowing

TOXIC

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great Concierge who work very hard with minimal support.

Cons

The CEO is nuts and reactive and immature. Get rid of him.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all current management and start fresh. You can't keep anyone good because it's obvious you don't care about anyone but yourselves.

Smoke and Mirrors

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Quality people you work with Downtown San Francisco Office Nice Office, clean, well lit, AC/ Heating Tech is improving

Cons

Entire Company Structure Lack of Creativity

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who do the work ( the concierges) DO NOT treat them poorly. Open up the ladder to those who put in the hard work Stop hiring interns from outside the US for Management Track positions.

8. A Joke of a Company

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Fun, diverse people, great location.

Cons

In short, this company deceives their clients on what it can deliver, and the employees are left to fend for themselves without proper technology or resources. E

Advice to Management

Why bother? Nothing ever changes there.

Get rid of the CEO

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Good location, people are great.

Cons

This company has been run to the ground. What happened to the values it used to stand upon? Get rid of the CEO, he is a tyrant, doesn't care about the employees in anyway, and obviously is not running the company well. How can you be CEO and CFO? Really, get rid of him. We have gone from a profitable company, to losing everything. There are no pay raises, bonuses, or company culture. Everyone is looking for a new job. Soon this place will go under.

10. Corporate Concierge

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

Workload relatively light on low days

Cons

Fulfillment of multiple requests requires time at the same time remaining to intake more calls

Advice to Management

Nil

Crashing

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

location is good, easy to be promoted for no reason.

Cons

Everyone good or that cared about people has left. Many accounts have left. The only senior leadership who cared about human beings, he left. Literally every manager since then has left, and probably half the accounts. They promoted the worst. person. ever. again. Blatant drunken harassment. She left. (dont tell clients!) Somehow this is all a good thing, total BS There seemed to be a shot for awhile, now I dont see how this company can make it to see 2016..the rich continue to get richer and everyone else is just a spreadsheet. Are you losing your company? Try flying first class around the globe a few times and see if it gets any better.

Advice to Management

You just react to everything, do the obvious before the obvious does you.

RSS Feed </> Embed