LesConcierges Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
76 reviews filtered by
2.9
Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around (in 6 reviews)

• very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

This place COULD be so great.

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, fun and informative training, some managers rock. You can learn a lot here and carry that throughout your career. I met some amazing people I still stay in touch with to this day. Global opportunities.

Cons

Some managers are clearly way more into the "corporate clique" and not as supportive of the concierges. Some are brand new and need serious training before they micro-manage their team to disloyalty.

Having to play the "hide the materials of other clients" game when you are being paid by a specific client, and they walk through the call center, while only getting paid by one client. One specific account was so understaffed, their team was (and probably still is) constantly miserable. Some of the managers are clearly burnt out from managing multiple accounts, and that trickles down to the team. HIGH TURNOVER.

As a top performer, I never received a raise in 2 years. The benefits package is a joke and expensive.

You could have a great thing for a long time if you support your concierges, give new managers training before allowing them to take over a team, and help new hires on a path to success. The benefits you offer need a serious look. If you want your best people to stay, treat them like it and pay them.

High School Bullies Rule

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great location, owners are in need of qualified people but they are lied and are not able to distinguish what is the lie and what is the truth. So the people who are capable to tell them the most credible lie, rule. The company had some talented and decent employees but they all were let go. It is so sad. So the best pro that one has to add here is that at some point they had some decent people - educated and passionate about the work. Owners are throwing money at the people who don't have any idea what they are doing. And once the money is spend those people will leave (check on those with high school diplomas who scream 'we the company'. They are absolutely not qualified to lead the company and do any serious business. Once they spend the money (error and trial) they will move and try somewhere else. Some of concierges are very nice and fine educated people. Some of the management, whom the company let go were fine people with good understanding of the business and respect for the knowledge and good work.

Cons

New management and lies. Everybody lies there to everyone and especially to the owners of the company. They would scream 'we the company' - we against all of you. Pretending that they do care when they basically are there just for their own benefits. All possible form of bullying are used.

Don't lie = if you are not capable to do the job - sooner or later it will show up. So you will be up and down. But this doesn't mean you should destroy the company. If you do need to invest several days to fix the problems (but don't know this), don't invest millions in the system that would not work anyway (this I say after I tested your application at another work place ) and unfortunately am quite confident that it will not work at Les Concierges.

Extreme Lack of Professionalism

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

This review is on 2 Places At 1 Time, Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia and is a subsidiary of LesConcierges, Inc.

Cons

2 Places At 1 Time, Inc. was acquired by LesConcierges, Inc. Why would this company acquire 2 Places At 1 Time, Inc.? The current Director of 2 Places At 1 Time, Inc. in Atlanta is not very knowledgeable and to cover for her lack of expertise and managerial skills, this Director bullies all her employees in a passive and active way. The 2 Places At 1 Time Director has an extreme lack of leadership and professionalism; the Atlanta company is disrespectful to their employees thereby causing a very low morale which causes a high turnover of employees; it is a continuous revolving door.

2 Places At 1 Time, Inc. charges their clients approximately $70 per hour, but only pays their employees $15 per hour. After taxes, a 2 Places employee would only be earning the minimum wage amount.

If you read the Yelp reviews, the negative reviews are authentic posted by actual clients of 2 Places; however, the positive reviews have been posted by actual 2 Places employees. Wouldn't you consider this to be false advertising? How 2 Places is able to sign up big companies like USAA, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Texas Instruments, Novo Nordisk and the like is mind-boggling. If these clients only knew what goes on behind the scenes and the fact that there is such high employee turnover, I am sure they would not renew their contracts.

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are a few, but really, for what you have to deal with, you should take your resume elsewhere.

Cons

If you would like a lesson in how NOT to run a business, please, by all means, accept a position here. Afterall, it could be a valuable lesson. The people that lead this company are incompetent to say the least. I would seriously like to know which business schools they've graduated from, if any. Somehow they managed to gain some clients willing to sign over some cash but, alas, they've constantly screwed it up and failed at basic money management. When layoffs (and more layoffs) came around, they decided to get rid of all the wrong people. Basically, what I am trying to say is DO NOT WORK HERE. EVER, EVER, EVER!!!

Go home!

Great potential but in need of better management!

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

The benefits and pay are good...you are offered medical, vision, and dental insurance upon job acceptance. Offers great opportunities for advancement to those who strive to provide service beyond expectations.

Cons

Can be a very stressful environment, especially if concierge do not follow through with requests, management needs better training.

The idea of the company is truly an excellent one however when promoting team members into management roles please give them the proper training, tools, and resources to aid them in performing efficiently.

A Letter to Santa

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a really nice location with plenty of amenities in the surrounding area.
    There are a few great people here that support a large client base.
    Once in a great while... snacks, coffee cart.

Cons

Where do I start? I'm not really sure where this company went off the rails however, I can assure you that I'm a diligent, hard working, and responsible person who believes in working so that I can live the kind of life that I'd like to live. I've found that this company doesn't really care about me as a person and if they could train monkeys to do this job I promise you they would.

Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year, I would like a new management team. I'd like for the new team to genuinely care about their clients, their staff that support those clients, and of course do what they say they are going to do without marginalizing our teams or giving us scraps from the senior leadership meetings. I'd like for us to become a better, effective, and productive team under new leadership where we really impress our clients and cause them to be thankful they hired us to perform the work that we do every day. I'd like for the new management to compensate us fairly for the work that we perform in which we're required to exceed expectations because my check is dinged really hard for the mediocre package I am able to afford. I'd love to have appropriate levels of staff to fulfill what we've promised to our clients and meet our SLAs, not play the pretend game all the time. I'd like for our management team to train our existing managers and leaders so that they are prepared, responsible, and exhibit real qualities of someone I'd respect, admire, follow, and even feel inspired to become one day when I'm ready for a real promotion (not just a lateral move with no influence). I would love for there to be less turnover and no excuses for that turnover such as "Well, it's a call center, deal with it." as a response. I'd like for there to be a real connection between staff on the floor and those in management so that I can feel my voice really matters and I can actually SEE and FEEL real change within the company. I would love to take pride where I work and come to the office each day with a feeling of empowerment and leave every day with a sense of accomplishment. The current management team is on your naughty list, Santa, because I know you've been watching along with monitoring Glassdoor reviews. Please ensure that they never manage anything ever again because I would hate for anyone to have to endure what I have these last few years. I do believe in karma Santa - but, do me and my team this one favor this year - we would be especially thankful and if you fulfill our wish we'll do several hours of community service and good deeds all next year as a real thank you. To clarify, Santa, when I mean "new management" I don't mean just middle management, I suggest starting all the way at the top. The core is rotten and we're tired of the stench.

Thank you.

FREE COFFEE DAYS ROCK

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* Coffee cart came around every few weeks.
    * The bathroom on the uppermost floor is private. Can doddle there. And.... the sewage fumes from the floor vents in other bathrooms don't seem to be an issue in this bathroom.
    * The windows in the old building actually open.
    * The elevator works most of the time.
    * The alley building has a security guard -- for the day staff.
    * The benefits begin from day of hire which is a selling feature for anyone needing that.
    * You get a cube.
    * Great location.

Cons

* DISREGARD FOR EMPLOYEE SAFETY ----The building's alley (main entrance) gets nasty. If you work the night/swing shift, there is NO security in the 6-story bldg. Keep in mind this company is 24/7. All other office buildings I have worked in downtown SF provided 24 hr security -- not this one. While much of the Union Square area gets a little less traveled after hours, LC never shuts off. LC's alley keeps company with the bums, urine and human feces in the doorways, the alley bar riffraff and even gun shots in the street -- yes, it's happened. Bums have even been found in the building's restrooms. I always felt so touched by the concern over employee safety. Oh, and the restroom is on the OUTSIDE of the company's security door.
    * LOSS OF SALARY IN FIRST MONTH OF EMPLOYMENT ---- The benefits begin from day one even if you do NOT need them. I was forced to pay into coverage of an expensively chosen plan that I had no say in during my first month. I was NOT given the option to have the cash instead of the plan.
    * CLIENTS HEAR THIS --- LC employees get a "cube" -- about nose-level-high adjoined to other cubes. Alas, the client receives a true blue "call center" experience listening to a cacophony of voices coming through the headset. You know it's bad when a client is the one distracted. Never mind how hard it is to work in those conditions.
    * THE COMPANY BOASTS ABOUT PRIME LOCATION --- I cannot tell you how many times clients asked me, "Where ARE you??" After a five-second pause to allow the siren to pass, I'd reply apologetically, 'Downtown San Francisco," The only advantage to this was a conversation starter about our fair city; The building is located nearby a major fire station along a major artery of travel within the downtown area. Sirens are a daily occurrence.

Make sure the concierges who you promote to department managerial staff are truly capable of the responsibility and source out training for them if you aren't going to provide it. A properly trained manager could HELP put the brake on your revolving door and allow HR to do other things besides exit reviews. It should be noted that this job bears a monstrous weight of stress BEFOLE you throw in an ill-trained manager..

Many reviewers complain that there is no opportunity for advancement, while some (not all) who were given a chance to advance make the entire company to be a joke. ------ the kind you laugh at once you've completed your exit review.

Listen to your concierges staff. Truly listen.

Sale the business to better competitors

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are decent and few employees genuinely care about their job. Most customers are pleasant and understanding.

Cons

This place is hell on earth, but a great place for narcissistic people with no values.

If you accept their offer, be ready to learn on your own with no relevant training. Be ready to become a self-centered person with one goal: save your asset. The blame-game is predominantly encouraged. Be ready for job insecurity due to management budget mistakes: last layoffs accounted for 25 employees. Be ready for a huge work load due to high turn-overs. Be ready for the stress, depression, mood swing, lies, attitude, back stabbing co-workers, low life characters and unfairness.

This place is such a joke, it should be shut down. Management is under-qualified with no interpersonal skills, except when kissing clients' derrières. There are no opportunities to grow unless you are willing to join the "click". The working environment is so toxic, you would wish you'd left the first day. Don't ever expect any raises or words of appreciation, your hard-work means nothing to them.

Oh and, don't work swing shift as you would often find yourself alone handling all the calls because there are no supervisors on duty and team leaders have the tendency to disappear for long breaks.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Do us all a big favor, sale the business to better competitors. Here are a few: One Concierge, Red Butler, Bon Vivant, Alberta La Grup, etc...

Finally, getting better

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The last few months have finally seen some of the changes everyone has wanted for years. It's not great yet, but there is a light. This is due to new CEO's actually caring about employees and knowing what's going on. It used to be knee jerk reaction from ivory tower..It seems like they fight with the founders to do the right thing and focus on the big picture. The chaos/burnout is going away and we are focusing on profit and quality.

Cons

not all of the changes that needed to happen are done...when people on here say toxic, underhanded, backstabbing, but that everyone they work with is great - it means most people are great, but a few bad apples have not been held accountable for chaos and blame game - even in senior leadership.

James seems to travel a lot, Matt is always there with the teams - the other VPs aren't as bought in with meetings. You're very close and we are ready for the next step.

In need of major cultural, value and business improvement

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Convenient location for public transportation, employee loyalty seems like a better run group than customer loyalty, decent job (as concierge) if you are in college or want an into to travel and hospitality, offices located in US and abroad.

Cons

Compensation & Benefits (lacking for most, but obviously not for all,) negative culture, out-of-touch leadership priorities and management, poorly trained and ill-placed managers (especially ones who work with the concierges--please get them training and better support), technology is still lagging behind but better than it used to be, little to no advancement or professional development

To Senior Management, Directors, VPs:
    Be more transparent in the communication you provide to employees at all levels. Let go of your egos and gain an understanding of your business from the people who know it best (hint, they are not all on the 6th floor behind closed doors--sadly many of them are gone by choice or let go in favor of keeping people who continue to harm the business.) Establish benefits and compensation to be more fair and market competitive FOR EVERYONE. Be more committed and vigilant in creating a positive, thriving culture---it continues to be very negative and fear-based--and for some, destructive. You also employ people who continue to work LC's broken system to their advantage. If you are interested in what the employees really think , please also act on the feedback they give you. INVEST IN TRAINING FOR YOUR MANAGERS AT ALL LEVELS---they need to understand how to manage and lead, most are failing at both - the concierges get the short end of that stick, you have no real business without them. Stop driving advancement with insecure egos and meaningless titles.

LesConcierges Photos