LesConcierges

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Not yet rated.

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • decent health benefits and the hourly staff are decent people(in 3 reviews)

• The office location is nothing short of a dream(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around(in 5 reviews)

• I think senior management has good intentions but they need to be more humble and appreciative of their staff(in 4 reviews)

LesConcierges constantly evolving, good place for right person

Corporate Concierge (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Proslively workplace culture with wide range of creative as well as corporate types
    cooperative work environment
    in global growth phase
    quality client list
    commuter's ease to Union Square location
    immediate and generous benefits upon hiring (no 90 day wait period)
    access to LC/city/regional hospitality industry events & experiences
    spacious desks, natural lighting, windows that open, snacks and beverages provided
    specialty teams for travel and tickets
    some advancement opportunities
    informative training seminars and client in-house visits
    constantly changing business environment
    open communication

Consvacation time could be increased
    24/7 operation means working some eves or weekends, and holidays
    some managers lack vision/expertise
    need for staffing results in some poor hires
    some internal communication issues
    favoritism
    IT dept needs beefing up

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in consultants to observe and make recommendations in management style/team
    Create peer reviews for staff and for managers
    Recognize and channel talents/energies of staff
    Leadership and communication seminars benefit everyone and should be required of managers

False claims of assets and capabilities, to staff and clients.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsInternational network could be a major asset, if the leadership practiced true partnerships. The office locations are well situated, but there is no comfortable movement and interaction within the organization.

ConsDysfunctional relationship between owners causes insecurities and paranoia across senior management, who mistreat staff that leads to high attrition rates.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others as you wish to be treated yourself. Record the claims and promises you make to your staff and your clients, and listen to them the next day.

Absolutely Incompetent and Clueless

Account Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe benefits package is ok, but most of that money comes right out of your check. The company doesn't contribute very much for your benefits, at all. If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan. I suppose at least they offer one.

There are snacks, open windows, and some people are cool yet everyone is stressed out and the morale is in the toilet due to high turnover and very poor decisions made from the very top.

People are promoted, sure, but typically they are in positions that are a lateral move and not one that causes great influence to the company's bottom line. You'll end up spinning your wheels with the same dream and desire MANY people before you have had wishing you could change the company for the better but, it's all for not because all decisions rest with one person and one person only. Note: She didn't send you a Christmas card.

ConsI think that any reasonable person can easily see through the smoke and mirrors maybe less for candidates but those that have lived through LC understand what that means. While "positive" reviews are placed into Glassdoor it is clear that those reviews are usually damage control for a PR situation that has become completely unhinged long ago. To be frank, the management team can't seem to muster the ability to do things right and instead aim to patch and band-aid things, pretending, and living in a fantasy land.

The change in management within this company is horrific and catastrophic without any real plan. If you would take the time to examine the history and average tenure of people on the management team (excluding the Chairman, of course) you'd be shocked to learn just how many people have had a very brief stay with LC at the C-Suite. This is a huge sign that things within the senior leadership team are unstable at best and certainly not beneficial to a long term and healthy career within LC itself. Placing people in charge who have no proven or established leadership experience of a company of this size is deplorable and a sign that the company is headed straight for an iceberg with no one at the helm to stop it.

Concierges and those that choose to stay do so out of necessity because many of them have no choice or are supporting a family. Management is fully aware of that handicap. People who join full of life and excited are soon replaced with feelings of despair and sadness. I've seen the place suck the life out of people and this includes people who have left the company with health ailments due to stress and being taxed with the burden of handling the jobs of several people. There are teams that have excessively high turnover and that causes a tremendous amount of stress, morale problems, and certainly everyone having to scramble at the last minute to barely cover what is needed.

I could go on and on and on and on. There are things I can't say here too because they would be deemed sensitive to the company's business. However, I can assure you that it took me around six months or more to fully recover from my LC experience as an employee. I would hope to never allow another person to have to go through what I and many people have already experienced. To say the company and their treatment of people is horrible is an understatement. I'm so ashamed I don't even want to include LC on my resume.

Any time you have a company that has an EXCESSIVE turnover, it is never the employees that are the issue. It's the leadership. Don't believe for a second that they have a clue on how to properly run a professional company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've had survey after survey...with little to no action.
    You've had a team of employees band together into a task force, with little effect.
    You've had people tell you to your face in writing and in person how horrible things are and even recommendations for improvement which fall on deaf ears.
    You've had years to correct the wrongs and certainly a change in leadership means nothing since those people have very little power, it's all controlled from one person.
    So there is no advice from this review. You've had PLENTY of advice without taking any of it. You've made it clear that you're going to do what you want to do and people better just "get used to it or leave".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Game of Chess. Slave shop! Warning! Do not work here! You will be sorry!!!!!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe concierges are fun to work with. They are the reason why I stayed with the company so long. (I hope more take this step to disclose this awful place on glass door) Making clients happy.

ConsI am surprised that more people have not complained on glass door about their job here! Where do I begin? Well, when starting out with the company, we all had high hopes even though we noticed the negative reviews on this page. We started out with many in a new office and after approximately seven months after training, over half are gone. Most of them got fired and the others simply left without looking back. There are many lies in regards to the stability of the job. Many get told they are wanted and are doing a great job (safe ), however , they get fired. We literally walk on hot coals the entire time. They fire at least one person per week! No body feels like they are appreciated and the people who currently work there pray for the day when they find another job in order to get out of the hell hole. Too much stress! No sense of direction! Terrible training and then they blame you for something that goes wrong that you have not been taught! Call centers are in competition with each other! Too much favoritism in one particular call center! Unfair practices! Too many head games! Lots of gossip. Stay away! Most people wished they had!!!!!!! Please trust me or you will be sorry. Gloomy place!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake all the call centers the same playing field. Do not lie to employees! Please make ways for all call centers to have fun! Help the employees to feel like they are working in a stable environment.

All Dress and No Knickers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLocation, location, location. A Maiden Lane address just off of San Francisco's Union Square. Interviews are held in the conference room of the flashy executive level. The pros of this place are the concierges. The benefits are good by market standards if one is eligible for them. Numerous talented, bright, high-spirited, ambitious young people see this as a great starting place for a blossoming career. The initial training is adequate, but it's also where the smoke and mirrors are introduced. The senior executives are masters of deception and exploitation. The folks working outside of the "executive suite" are among the brightest, kindest, well-intended people I've ever met. Sadly, one learns the camaraderie among the ranks is a Stockholm Syndrome-like relationship for having endured the same toxic torture. The thinly veiled disdain senior executives have for one another is only eclipsed by their passion for living the life of the rich and famous at the expense of their (dwindling) clients and exploited employees. On the few occasions I walked through the executive area, there was no glance of acknowledgment, no glimmer of a smile - only a curious grimace of who let you in here. There were some strong managers in the past, but anyone worthwhile is long gone. The mid-level managers are the product of no management training, no mentorship, and no acknowledgment whatsoever on a job well done. Last year at a town hall meeting, we were told senior management was "working" with Glassdoor to improve the company's reputation in the market.

ConsA lot of bright, talented, ambitious, people walk into this place thinking it's too good to be true. It is. Six months, a year, two years later, they walk out feeling shell-shocked, demoralized, cynical, bitter, violated and grateful. Business decisions are based solely on emotions and favoritism. One's performance and contribution to the business has little to no effect on job security, upward mobility. Cronyism, favoritism and nepotism abound. People are literally pitted against one another, creating an environment of paranoia, insecurity and unease. The most satisfying part of your day is walking out the door at the end of a shift knowing at least part of your day won't be spent there.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be like telling the Captain of the Titanic to take a hard turn starboard. It's curious, why is the CEO & President not isn't listed here as the CEO? but rather, two of his subordinates? Standby, I'm sure the Employee Engagement Manager has a meaningful answer.

Great opportunities! Making the wrongs right!

Program Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat location. Awesome vision for now and the future. Great and fun changes happening for the concierges. Easy to stand out and get promoted. Owner has a real open door policy and is very personable.

ConsLack of I.T. specialists, but it's being worked on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! Thanks for taking on the challenges head on.

Why doesn't anyone listen to the little guy?

ProsNice pay, benefits, 401K, friendly staff

ConsTerrible management, no communication, upper management lies to clients, knee-jerk reactions, too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Advice to Senior ManagementFire every manager and start fresh. Listen to the concierge who are actually taking the calls and understand what the clients really want.

pretty gppd

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people to work with

Consbad management to work with

Deceptive practices

Senior Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe clients. Concierge work can be fun and rewarding.

ConsI was at the highest level of management. Deceptive employment practices that adversely affected lower level employees motivated me to leave and find a healthier work environment. The president plays a constant game of smoke and mirrors. Promises made are rarely fulfilled and he manages by intimidation. Employees fear retaliation for speaking up and often work with inadequate equipment and poor management support. The employee turnover ratio is extremely high for obvious reasons and the work environment toxic.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything I had to say to upper management has already been expressed... and ignored.

VUQ Manager

VUQ Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe office location is nothing short of a dream. If you are looking to work somewhere in downtown San Francisco that isn't overly busy then this is the place for you. Office culture means a lot to this company even if it isn't something pushed by the employees. Everyone get's along very well which leads to work going by fast instead of being boring and daunting. There is consistent work, very little down time which in my opinion is a great thing.

ConsNo clear path to move on to the next level. This would be okay if the position was full time, but as a 40 hour temp to hire with no benefits you never knew what was going to happen next. Only negative thing to say really.

Advice to Senior ManagementMae a clearer path for people coming in to become full time employees of the company. Management in the San Francisco office and offices across the country are stellar.

LesConcierges Head of Employee Engagement responded to this review

Apr 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges and mentioning the positive aspects of our culture and our desire to build and invest in that culture. As you stated, most employees have a ... More

Worked for LesConcierges? Contribute to the Community!