LesConcierges

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
2.2

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around (in 6 reviews)

• very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

This place COULD be so great.

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, fun and informative training, some managers rock. You can learn a lot here and carry that throughout your career. I met some amazing people I still stay in touch with to this day. Global opportunities.

Cons

Some managers are clearly way more into the "corporate clique" and not as supportive of the concierges. Some are brand new and need serious training before they micro-manage their team to disloyalty.

Having to play the "hide the materials of other clients" game when you are being paid by a specific client, and they walk through the call center, while only getting paid by one client. One specific account was so understaffed, their team was (and probably still is) constantly miserable. Some of the managers are clearly burnt out from managing multiple accounts, and that trickles down to the team. HIGH TURNOVER.

As a top performer, I never received a raise in 2 years. The benefits package is a joke and expensive.

You could have a great thing for a long time if you support your concierges, give new managers training before allowing them to take over a team, and help new hires on a path to success. The benefits you offer need a serious look. If you want your best people to stay, treat them like it and pay them.

Great potential but in need of better management!

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

The benefits and pay are good...you are offered medical, vision, and dental insurance upon job acceptance. Offers great opportunities for advancement to those who strive to provide service beyond expectations.

Cons

Can be a very stressful environment, especially if concierge do not follow through with requests, management needs better training.

The idea of the company is truly an excellent one however when promoting team members into management roles please give them the proper training, tools, and resources to aid them in performing efficiently.

Finally, getting better

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The last few months have finally seen some of the changes everyone has wanted for years. It's not great yet, but there is a light. This is due to new CEO's actually caring about employees and knowing what's going on. It used to be knee jerk reaction from ivory tower..It seems like they fight with the founders to do the right thing and focus on the big picture. The chaos/burnout is going away and we are focusing on profit and quality.

Cons

not all of the changes that needed to happen are done...when people on here say toxic, underhanded, backstabbing, but that everyone they work with is great - it means most people are great, but a few bad apples have not been held accountable for chaos and blame game - even in senior leadership.

James seems to travel a lot, Matt is always there with the teams - the other VPs aren't as bought in with meetings. You're very close and we are ready for the next step.

In need of major cultural, value and business improvement

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Convenient location for public transportation, employee loyalty seems like a better run group than customer loyalty, decent job (as concierge) if you are in college or want an into to travel and hospitality, offices located in US and abroad.

Cons

Compensation & Benefits (lacking for most, but obviously not for all,) negative culture, out-of-touch leadership priorities and management, poorly trained and ill-placed managers (especially ones who work with the concierges--please get them training and better support), technology is still lagging behind but better than it used to be, little to no advancement or professional development

To Senior Management, Directors, VPs:
    Be more transparent in the communication you provide to employees at all levels. Let go of your egos and gain an understanding of your business from the people who know it best (hint, they are not all on the 6th floor behind closed doors--sadly many of them are gone by choice or let go in favor of keeping people who continue to harm the business.) Establish benefits and compensation to be more fair and market competitive FOR EVERYONE. Be more committed and vigilant in creating a positive, thriving culture---it continues to be very negative and fear-based--and for some, destructive. You also employ people who continue to work LC's broken system to their advantage. If you are interested in what the employees really think , please also act on the feedback they give you. INVEST IN TRAINING FOR YOUR MANAGERS AT ALL LEVELS---they need to understand how to manage and lead, most are failing at both - the concierges get the short end of that stick, you have no real business without them. Stop driving advancement with insecure egos and meaningless titles.

Great core people, Business is run like the Oakland Raiders!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Chairman and CEO's are great as they are really trying to make a difference.

Cons

The issue is the management between the CEO's and team/program managers. Most employees work so very hard to please and with integrity, however most middle management are experts at being sneaky and underhanded. This culture brings about distrust as rules and communications change on a daily basis. This company has the name to continue to provide great concierge services to the high end clients, however clients and emloyees know when they are being lied to and its very disheartning to see it going downhill.

Please regognize the management team that is helping the brand and the management team that is really hurting the brand.

Amazing Co-Workers, Not So Amazing Management.

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with well traveled people who have a lot of knowledge about the world and traveling it.
    Location is amazing for the San Francisco Office.
    Employee Appreciation through snacks and beverages being provided.
    Benefits begin day one and training is paid.

Cons

Lack of organizational and management skills from leaders who are responsible for guiding the company.
    Lack of SOP's, and Employee Code of Conduct.
    Favoritism with promotions, and scheduling.
    Managers lack management skills and desperately need less work load or more assistance with how to manage effectively.
    High stress work environment with constant turnover and lack of communication across the board from top to bottom.

Listen to your employees and when you say you are going to change something then change it.
    Provide proper training to managers in order for them to know how to manage properly.
    Let your employees know you appreciate them more, and don't take advantage of the ones that work the hardest.
    Give pay increases for performance or bonuses.

Amazing opportunities, great pay, awesome benefits!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company provides wonderful benefits and pay, great experience and knowledge, supportive upper management (for the most part), and amazing opportunities to grow within the company in no time! I strongly recommend this job for someone who is ambitious, a fast learner, and outgoing...

Cons

Due to the fact that the company prides itself as being the top concierge company in the business customers can be very demanding and therefore it can get stressful, but if you are not sensitive, and have a positive, cheery attitude this will not get in your way!

Lifestyle Insiders

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Office and Location
    World Class training in luxury lifestyles
    Partnership perks in hospitality industry
    Corporate Culture - Special Events, Free Daily Refreshments, dress code is great

Cons

-expect changes and chaos everyday, every hour within the entire company
    -call center environment
    - no opportunity for upward mobility

LesConcierges constantly evolving, good place for right person

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

lively workplace culture with wide range of creative as well as corporate types
    cooperative work environment
    in global growth phase
    quality client list
    commuter's ease to Union Square location
    immediate and generous benefits upon hiring (no 90 day wait period)
    access to LC/city/regional hospitality industry events & experiences
    spacious desks, natural lighting, windows that open, snacks and beverages provided
    specialty teams for travel and tickets
    some advancement opportunities
    informative training seminars and client in-house visits
    constantly changing business environment
    open communication

Cons

vacation time could be increased
    24/7 operation means working some eves or weekends, and holidays
    some managers lack vision/expertise
    need for staffing results in some poor hires
    some internal communication issues
    favoritism
    IT dept needs beefing up

Bring in consultants to observe and make recommendations in management style/team
    Create peer reviews for staff and for managers
    Recognize and channel talents/energies of staff
    Leadership and communication seminars benefit everyone and should be required of managers

Reply to March 3rd 2014 post

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Location, select group of people who had integrity,

Cons

Speaking out when things are not right

More than one person has gone to HR and to TRInet related to questionable practices related to diversity. People talk - and when no subsequent action takes place it is hard to believe commitment. Putting money into PRIDE is different than establishing a culture that values diversity of thought , lifestyle and approach. When you hear senior management say "I need to put on my heels because certain senior manager thinks I look like a dyke in flats" and this is heard by more than one person, as well as sundry other actions or statements that get stated in sr management meetings where no one stands up- and if you do you are pushed out-it is hard to trust there is commitment to change a blame/favoritism culture.

I wish company well. I learned what I needed about my own values about trust and integrity. Culture is far more than words. It is daily actions from the top. It is tough work. And it all starts with trust, something that was sorely lacking when I was there. I know this is challenging when resources are tight but I also know you've hired dozens of people over the years and stated you wanted to change this, yet actions appear to continue to diminish your intent. Challenge Yourselves to get at root cause . Every conversation I tried to be part of or initiate on this didn't get the right top leadership support and at times I seriously felt like leadership was working against me. I take accountability for my part and I wish I could have had the right leadership support to be successful.

There have been many great people who have worked there and many who are still there. Culture is more than words and coffee carts!

LesConcierges Photos