LesConcierges

www.lesconcierges.com

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location(in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making(in 5 reviews)

• the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around(in 5 reviews)

Great opportunities! Making the wrongs right!

Program Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat location. Awesome vision for now and the future. Great and fun changes happening for the concierges. Easy to stand out and get promoted. Owner has a real open door policy and is very personable.

ConsLack of I.T. specialists, but it's being worked on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! Thanks for taking on the challenges head on.

Lifestyle Insiders

ProsGreat Office and Location
    World Class training in luxury lifestyles
    Partnership perks in hospitality industry
    Corporate Culture - Special Events, Free Daily Refreshments, dress code is great

Cons-expect changes and chaos everyday, every hour within the entire company
    -call center environment
    - no opportunity for upward mobility

LesConcierges constantly evolving, good place for right person

Corporate Concierge (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Proslively workplace culture with wide range of creative as well as corporate types
    cooperative work environment
    in global growth phase
    quality client list
    commuter's ease to Union Square location
    immediate and generous benefits upon hiring (no 90 day wait period)
    access to LC/city/regional hospitality industry events & experiences
    spacious desks, natural lighting, windows that open, snacks and beverages provided
    specialty teams for travel and tickets
    some advancement opportunities
    informative training seminars and client in-house visits
    constantly changing business environment
    open communication

Consvacation time could be increased
    24/7 operation means working some eves or weekends, and holidays
    some managers lack vision/expertise
    need for staffing results in some poor hires
    some internal communication issues
    favoritism
    IT dept needs beefing up

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in consultants to observe and make recommendations in management style/team
    Create peer reviews for staff and for managers
    Recognize and channel talents/energies of staff
    Leadership and communication seminars benefit everyone and should be required of managers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

VUQ Manager

VUQ Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe office location is nothing short of a dream. If you are looking to work somewhere in downtown San Francisco that isn't overly busy then this is the place for you. Office culture means a lot to this company even if it isn't something pushed by the employees. Everyone get's along very well which leads to work going by fast instead of being boring and daunting. There is consistent work, very little down time which in my opinion is a great thing.

ConsNo clear path to move on to the next level. This would be okay if the position was full time, but as a 40 hour temp to hire with no benefits you never knew what was going to happen next. Only negative thing to say really.

Advice to Senior ManagementMae a clearer path for people coming in to become full time employees of the company. Management in the San Francisco office and offices across the country are stellar.

Apr 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges and mentioning the positive aspects of our culture and our desire to build and invest in that culture. As you stated, most employees have a ... More

You get out what you put in.

Supervisor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOpportunity. This is a creative place to work. If you are willing to work hard, be open minded, and creative, there are truly amazing opportunities to be had at this company.

ConsCompany policies could be more organized.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are on the right track. I appreciate the opportunities and experience I gained by working here. A push toward cohesiveness could make huge difference.

Hard work pays off!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe location and office environment is very modern and it is rare to feel obligated to work overtime. Overtime opportunities are usually available however, and it is nice to be able to have the opportunity to increase your paycheck if you are willing to work for it. You can come in to work, do your job, and leave it at work. Compensation is in line with other jobs in the hospitality industry and the bonus structure is great if you work hard enough to get the full pay out. Manager's are direct in what they expect of you in terms of performance level and provide helpful insight of how to deal with difficult customers. The HR department is wonderful and supportive, if you ask for support that is.

ConsThere could be more resources and educational trainings and more career guidance if you are hoping to move up in the company. Yes, the company is growing so there is a lot of opportunity, but the company has expanded very fast and there isn't too much of a focus on developing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementReach out and engage more with the concierge and collaborate. Great things can come from working together.

Sep 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. We appreciate you highlighting the positive aspects of working at LC, specifically the financial opportunities that are available to employees ... More

LesConcierges has huge potential

ProsPros:

Ability To Grow – with the company growing as it has there is a lot of opportunity for those that want to take it to grow with the company. There is so much work to be done – the potential is phenomenal. The leaders have done an amazing job of getting the company to this place.

Culture – the company culture is still intact even with the growth. It is a fun and fast paced environment with very amazing and unique employees that make this company’s culture what it is. Everyone supports each other, and while doing hard work, still really like to enjoy what they are doing.

Loyalty – the management of the company is very loyal to their employees who have in turn given their blood, sweat and tears to get the company to where it is.

Concierges – the front line of the company is the concierges and they are amazing at what they do. They embody the company’s culture and help clients to make their lives better. The company would not be what it is today without them.

Clients – the ability for the company to customize to meet clients’ needs is a differentiator for the company. They take the clients goals/wants/needs and make them real.

ConsCons:

Upper Management – the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around. Senior team should look at those that are actually doing the work that don’t necessarily have VP titles; they are the backbone of keeping things going.

Infrastructure – with the growth the company is struggling to put the support in place that is needed to take the company to the next level.

Values - we should be living our values every day not just when it is convenient, that comes from the top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with your employees, manage by walking around, invest in the people that are doing the work, prepare for the future of the company as I can see the potential!

Sep 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. Your review accurately captures this moment in the history of LC — both pros and cons. While we are fortunate to experience growth we are also ... More

Great company for the right person

ProsWhen I started here the negativity that spread through the office almost got to me. As I took a step back I saw how supportive my team was and that LC was actually a great place to work. Though all of the negativity was coming from a valid place all of it is easily fixed. Throughout my career I’ve found that every company has issues. At a certain point if you keep leaving when problems arise you’ll be leaving companies quite frequently and it will be difficult to find a job. The best thing for LesConcierges is to hire people that would like to commit through the growing pains and work to make the environment better.

I do want to say that the other reviews on here are valid and the employees complaining have a right to do so. If they are working in a department that is becoming toxic they need to bring that up with HR. If someone is not being allowed to take vacation they deserve to take or if someone’s workload is becoming unmanageable this needs to be brought to their manager’s attention and/or HR’s attention. We should communicate what needs to be fixed but then also look at how we can work together to help improve the situation.

However I see both sides. The Managers work constantly and are overwhelmed.
    Yes, they make more money and yes, there’s a disconnect between the two sides but it’s very few companies I’ve ever worked for that didn’t have that disconnect. It’s not as if the executives purposefully segregate themselves. They are trying to get work done in the deadlines that were given to them. Everyone works incredibly hard at LC.

PROS
    At LC we have committees to improve employee satisfaction and TONS of surveys that try and gauge what people want. I came from companies that weren't concerned if an employee was happy so the efforts by the committees and all the surveys is a fantastic thing for me as an employee to be a part of.

What you get by working here is a hand in doing things that you wouldn’t normally get to do at huge companies. If you feel you need to, you're allowed to voice your ideas and contribute to projects that lead to some great experiences. Lastly the promotions here happen so much faster than other companies. There are huge corporations that don’t promote people until they have been with a company for years. I would definitely recommend this company to people who thrive on an environment that moves very fast and has many projects happening at the same time. It’s hard at times but I love the people I work with and I enjoy it here.

ConsThe reality is the more the company grows the less they are going to be able to make everyone happy.
    PTO could be increased. Concierge being able to easily use that PTO should be improved.
    Flexibility in scheduling...we need to create the ability for Concierge to get Sat & Sun off every so often.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall my feeling is first we need some management training, which I know is in the works. We don't have bad managers. On the contrary we have some great people here. We just have managers with so much work that they don't get to manage properly. That will take a little training on things like creating clear goals, seeing your employee's performance as a reflection on you (to a point), properly relating to your employee, giving more positive feedback instead of only giving negative feedback, giving negative feedback constructively and of course management needs to be given the time in their schedule to do this. We need to instill the idea that every employee is valuable. In the end everyone at LC needs to remove the negativity and work from a positive place.

Sep 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. You have obviously put a lot of thought into your review and it is much appreciated. We want to provide a workplace that is positive and ... More

A growing and interesting company in transition.

Pros- LesConcierges attracts an extremely interesting and diverse group of employees. This is not a boring team!
    - Limitless career potential if you are entrepreneurial. You really have to make it happen for yourself.
    - Owners are passionate
    - Beautiful offices and central location
    - Improvements in the company culture and communication
    - Much needed new leadership in Operations

Cons- Environment can be chaotic
    - Leadership needs more consistency
    - Career path needs to be focused
    - Benefits can be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is tenacious and always on the move - the leaders are always looking to the future and further growth. Advice is to keep a tight focused leadership team that understands the art of concierge services and the people who make the magic happen: the Concierges!

a growing vibrant company, always changing and always interesting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLC is a really interesting company, growing fast so sometimes struggling with that, but really great people and I am confident that the company will make it - upside is it creates lots of opportunities for promotion for all! Lots of great things going on and a great team of people!!!

ConsCommunication sometimes lags - but a factor of the growth..

Worked for LesConcierges? Contribute to the Community!