LesConcierges Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management are sneaks and liars (in 6 reviews)

• very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

1. Change isn't a bad thing

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, Set schedules, 2 back to back days off (like any other normal week), pay is ok (we can always complain about pay), empowerment and liberty to take initiative,
    I enjoy working here, and yes there are people leaving but as with any other workplace environment the people that have been here a long time are set in their ways, so when change happens some people get scared and often have made their contributions and a ready for a new environment. For any new prospective employee just be aware that this is a professional environment and not just "some" job.
    Benefits package is actually REALLY good for what you pay & if you know how to use it.

Cons

Be aware these are high end clients, that expect end service which means it's a lot of work & not enough dedicated people to always pull it off.
    Picking up the slack of others.
    Account Specific training is lacking & the business itself is overwhelming.
    Workload

Advice to Management

Remain true to the culture & build a proper training system for all accounts beyond a 1 hour classroom environment & shadowing

Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office, coworkers, benefits, location, culture and opportunities

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming, especially when associates call off work.

Crashing

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

location is good, easy to be promoted for no reason.

Cons

Everyone good or that cared about people has left. Many accounts have left. The only senior leadership who cared about human beings, he left. Literally every manager since then has left, and probably half the accounts. They promoted the worst. person. ever. again. Blatant drunken harassment. She left. (dont tell clients!)

Somehow this is all a good thing, total BS

There seemed to be a shot for awhile, now I dont see how this company can make it to see 2016..the rich continue to get richer and everyone else is just a spreadsheet. Are you losing your company? Try flying first class around the globe a few times and see if it gets any better.

Advice to Management

You just react to everything, do the obvious before the obvious does you.

5. Don't Work Here

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My direct managers were actually great. Most of the people are wonderful but a lot of the good people have left or are leaving! There are still some good ones left but I'm not confident that they can change things. Also, the shift allows me to do other things that I couldn't do with an 8-5 schedule.

Cons

The amount of work I had was a lot. I often stayed beyond my normal shift to get everything done. I always got told what I did wrong and never received feedback on what I did right. The system we worked on made it a nightmare on some days to get stuff done. What made me glad I left is that they decided not to pay bonuses on a technicality.

Advice to Management

Pay people more.

6. Corporate Concierge

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

Workload relatively light on low days

Cons

Fulfillment of multiple requests requires time at the same time remaining to intake more calls

Advice to Management

Nil

Time to move on people

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Good location. Nice and knowledgable people. Good concept.

Cons

Sadly this place is not run well. they are losing money like crazy. No pay increases. Bonuses, didn't even get a check this time.

It is really sad what has been happening here. There is no reason to stay. Go to a tech company that can pay you well, because this place cannot. I am looking.

Advice to Management

Pay your people well, and you will get good people. Give people an incentive to work here. Instead, you don't hire people, once others have left and you put huge burdens on your current employees. Why don't you try cutting your salaries and giving it to the people who really work.

Former Concierge Feedback

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday was different! Never a dull moment! Fun colleagues!

Cons

Once concierge was promoted, less staff available to take calls and handle fulfillment. Half hour lunches were never good for the psyche and morale.

Advice to Management

Everyone including concierge lead, shift lead, service delivery, (even QA) should support their accounts and teams and take calls in queue, period. Stop managing in the chat room.

Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Location. pretty decent benefits. great concierge team.

Cons

New CEO is immature and unprofessional. senior leadership manages by fear and intimidation. LesConcierges is a toxic place where bullies get promoted, and nice hard working people don't.

technology is inadequate and creates an even harder environment for the concierges. managers try their best to help but seem powerless.

They keep promising change, but keep the same people in place.

Advice to Management

sell your company to capable people.

Corporate Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are awesome, and there are a lot of internal promotions. Clients were fun to talk to and provided some unique concierge challenges.

Cons

Management is very rigid in their ways and do not like any input about efficiency changes. Turnover is VERY high.

A ways to go, but on the right path

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really good hourly employees - great camaraderie brought upon by daily highly stressful situations - health benefits are not horrible - location is great during the day, but arriving early means you have to deal with a lot of homeless people in the alley ways, scarier if you're a woman - finally have one CEO, one person in control, who seems to be well-intentioned and smart

Cons

Just really awful middle management.. The most poisonous thing to happen to this place was allowing the inept and lazy to convince ownership that they knew what they were doing, and were worthy of promotion. What this accomplished was to divide the company into little pieces, each defended by horrible bosses who were more interested in bringing each other down than building up the company. As a result, the good concierge left or were beaten down to a pulp. Luckily, we've gotten rid of most of those bosses because they either quit, were let go, or they were able to convince another stupid company that they were worth hiring. We have one of those bosses left, but hopefully she'll be seen for the loudmouth, know-nothing bully she really is, and will be let go.

Advice to Management

Think about the people that are taking up your time telling you how great they are and what awesome things they're going to do for the company. Those people are lying, and they've been lying for a long while. See the concierge taking calls? Go up to one of them and ask "What do you need from me to do your job?" Listen to that answer, and do it. I really think the company will do well again, but I'm truly glad I'm not around to go through it all again with you. Good luck.

RSS Feed </> Embed