LesConcierges

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014
2.1

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around (in 6 reviews)

• very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

False claims of assets and capabilities, to staff and clients.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

International network could be a major asset, if the leadership practiced true partnerships. The office locations are well situated, but there is no comfortable movement and interaction within the organization.

Cons

Dysfunctional relationship between owners causes insecurities and paranoia across senior management, who mistreat staff that leads to high attrition rates.

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. Record the claims and promises you make to your staff and your clients, and listen to them the next day.

All Dress and No Knickers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location, location, location. A Maiden Lane address just off of San Francisco's Union Square. Interviews are held in the conference room of the flashy executive level. The pros of this place are the concierges. The benefits are good by market standards if one is eligible for them. Numerous talented, bright, high-spirited, ambitious young people see this as a great starting place for a blossoming career. The initial training is adequate, but it's also where the smoke and mirrors are introduced. The senior executives are masters of deception and exploitation. The folks working outside of the "executive suite" are among the brightest, kindest, well-intended people I've ever met. Sadly, one learns the camaraderie among the ranks is a Stockholm Syndrome-like relationship for having endured the same toxic torture. The thinly veiled disdain senior executives have for one another is only eclipsed by their passion for living the life of the rich and famous at the expense of their (dwindling) clients and exploited employees. On the few occasions I walked through the executive area, there was no glance of acknowledgment, no glimmer of a smile - only a curious grimace of who let you in here. There were some strong managers in the past, but anyone worthwhile is long gone. The mid-level managers are the product of no management training, no mentorship, and no acknowledgment whatsoever on a job well done. Last year at a town hall meeting, we were told senior management was "working" with Glassdoor to improve the company's reputation in the market.

Cons

A lot of bright, talented, ambitious, people walk into this place thinking it's too good to be true. It is. Six months, a year, two years later, they walk out feeling shell-shocked, demoralized, cynical, bitter, violated and grateful. Business decisions are based solely on emotions and favoritism. One's performance and contribution to the business has little to no effect on job security, upward mobility. Cronyism, favoritism and nepotism abound. People are literally pitted against one another, creating an environment of paranoia, insecurity and unease. The most satisfying part of your day is walking out the door at the end of a shift knowing at least part of your day won't be spent there.

Would be like telling the Captain of the Titanic to take a hard turn starboard. It's curious, why is the CEO & President not isn't listed here as the CEO? but rather, two of his subordinates? Standby, I'm sure the Employee Engagement Manager has a meaningful answer.

A Game of Chess. Slave shop! Warning! Do not work here! You will be sorry!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at LesConcierges (less than an year)

Pros

The concierges are fun to work with. They are the reason why I stayed with the company so long. (I hope more take this step to disclose this awful place on glass door) Making clients happy.

Cons

I am surprised that more people have not complained on glass door about their job here! Where do I begin? Well, when starting out with the company, we all had high hopes even though we noticed the negative reviews on this page. We started out with many in a new office and after approximately seven months after training, over half are gone. Most of them got fired and the others simply left without looking back. There are many lies in regards to the stability of the job. Many get told they are wanted and are doing a great job (safe ), however , they get fired. We literally walk on hot coals the entire time. They fire at least one person per week! No body feels like they are appreciated and the people who currently work there pray for the day when they find another job in order to get out of the hell hole. Too much stress! No sense of direction! Terrible training and then they blame you for something that goes wrong that you have not been taught! Call centers are in competition with each other! Too much favoritism in one particular call center! Unfair practices! Too many head games! Lots of gossip. Stay away! Most people wished they had!!!!!!! Please trust me or you will be sorry. Gloomy place!!!!!

Make all the call centers the same playing field. Do not lie to employees! Please make ways for all call centers to have fun! Help the employees to feel like they are working in a stable environment.

Why doesn't anyone listen to the little guy?

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice pay, benefits, 401K, friendly staff

Cons

Terrible management, no communication, upper management lies to clients, knee-jerk reactions, too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Fire every manager and start fresh. Listen to the concierge who are actually taking the calls and understand what the clients really want.

pretty gppd

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

bad management to work with

Deceptive practices

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The clients. Concierge work can be fun and rewarding.

Cons

I was at the highest level of management. Deceptive employment practices that adversely affected lower level employees motivated me to leave and find a healthier work environment. The president plays a constant game of smoke and mirrors. Promises made are rarely fulfilled and he manages by intimidation. Employees fear retaliation for speaking up and often work with inadequate equipment and poor management support. The employee turnover ratio is extremely high for obvious reasons and the work environment toxic.

Everything I had to say to upper management has already been expressed... and ignored.

The Butler

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Clean office, Some managers on the Lower level are really good people and have great ideas. Centrally located and easy to get to in the city.

Cons

Upper managed has no idea what they are doing . So many things creatively that the company could to do but again upper management are stooges. Very restrictive in a bad way.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As you have rated us with one star it is apparent that your current experience at LC is not as good as it should be, by far. However there are ... More

Trash / no direction

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Location. Still a nasty hole in the wall, but relatively has an excellent location.

Cons

Trash culture, trash employees who do not care. Uneducated employees who hold critical roles, and their ignorance gets in the way of try potential. Management doesn't know what it is doing more than half the time - it's like always a total shot in the dark with them.
    I guess they're still in business because what they do is a very straight forward, no complications, type of service and somehow nailed some large clients.internally, however, it falls right at the level of trash.
    Company cannot afford copy machines, very insecure financially and is hanging by their clients.... Which at least they didn't mess up in that area, but they do mess up their employees with very limited potential.... Again.. Trash company to work for, but a good company to call so that they can do a "Google search" for u... LOL.

Change management, atop hiring trash who do not care about advancement,.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

As an employee of LesConcierges for nearly 15 years, my opinion of our company and hard working professionals is far different from yours (and I must say, more respectful). Still, I would have ... More

VUQ Manager

Current Employee - VUQ Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - VUQ Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The office location is nothing short of a dream. If you are looking to work somewhere in downtown San Francisco that isn't overly busy then this is the place for you. Office culture means a lot to this company even if it isn't something pushed by the employees. Everyone get's along very well which leads to work going by fast instead of being boring and daunting. There is consistent work, very little down time which in my opinion is a great thing.

Cons

No clear path to move on to the next level. This would be okay if the position was full time, but as a 40 hour temp to hire with no benefits you never knew what was going to happen next. Only negative thing to say really.

Mae a clearer path for people coming in to become full time employees of the company. Management in the San Francisco office and offices across the country are stellar.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges and mentioning the positive aspects of our culture and our desire to build and invest in that culture. As you stated, most employees have a ... More

Dishonest Practices - Avoid this Company

I worked at LesConcierges as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Except for the location I could not remember any pros

Cons

There are no words to explain how bad this company is

LesConcierges Photos