LesConcierges

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
2.1

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

• the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Why doesn't anyone listen to the little guy?

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice pay, benefits, 401K, friendly staff

Cons

Terrible management, no communication, upper management lies to clients, knee-jerk reactions, too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Fire every manager and start fresh. Listen to the concierge who are actually taking the calls and understand what the clients really want.

pretty gppd

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

bad management to work with

Deceptive practices

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time for more than a year

Pros

The clients. Concierge work can be fun and rewarding.

Cons

I was at the highest level of management. Deceptive employment practices that adversely affected lower level employees motivated me to leave and find a healthier work environment. The president plays a constant game of smoke and mirrors. Promises made are rarely fulfilled and he manages by intimidation. Employees fear retaliation for speaking up and often work with inadequate equipment and poor management support. The employee turnover ratio is extremely high for obvious reasons and the work environment toxic.

Everything I had to say to upper management has already been expressed... and ignored.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

VUQ Manager

Current Employee - VUQ Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - VUQ Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The office location is nothing short of a dream. If you are looking to work somewhere in downtown San Francisco that isn't overly busy then this is the place for you. Office culture means a lot to this company even if it isn't something pushed by the employees. Everyone get's along very well which leads to work going by fast instead of being boring and daunting. There is consistent work, very little down time which in my opinion is a great thing.

Cons

No clear path to move on to the next level. This would be okay if the position was full time, but as a 40 hour temp to hire with no benefits you never knew what was going to happen next. Only negative thing to say really.

Mae a clearer path for people coming in to become full time employees of the company. Management in the San Francisco office and offices across the country are stellar.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges and mentioning the positive aspects of our culture and our desire to build and invest in that culture. As you stated, most employees have a ... More

The Butler

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Clean office, Some managers on the Lower level are really good people and have great ideas. Centrally located and easy to get to in the city.

Cons

Upper managed has no idea what they are doing . So many things creatively that the company could to do but again upper management are stooges. Very restrictive in a bad way.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As you have rated us with one star it is apparent that your current experience at LC is not as good as it should be, by far. However there are ... More

Trash / no direction

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Location. Still a nasty hole in the wall, but relatively has an excellent location.

Cons

Trash culture, trash employees who do not care. Uneducated employees who hold critical roles, and their ignorance gets in the way of try potential. Management doesn't know what it is doing more than half the time - it's like always a total shot in the dark with them.
    I guess they're still in business because what they do is a very straight forward, no complications, type of service and somehow nailed some large clients.internally, however, it falls right at the level of trash.
    Company cannot afford copy machines, very insecure financially and is hanging by their clients.... Which at least they didn't mess up in that area, but they do mess up their employees with very limited potential.... Again.. Trash company to work for, but a good company to call so that they can do a "Google search" for u... LOL.

Change management, atop hiring trash who do not care about advancement,.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

As an employee of LesConcierges for nearly 15 years, my opinion of our company and hard working professionals is far different from yours (and I must say, more respectful). Still, I would have ... More

Dishonest Practices - Avoid this Company

I worked at LesConcierges as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Except for the location I could not remember any pros

Cons

There are no words to explain how bad this company is

Not a culture I want to live again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

people, location, parties, not much else to say in this area

Cons

favoritism, homophobia, lack of trust, gossip culture, "in" and "out" crowd, lack of integrity, blame culture

Understand why the same churn keeps happening, year after year.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As a three-year veteran at LC your feedback is valuable. It is my hope that you took part in an exit interview with me as I look for specific ... More

friendly supportive environment, professional colleagues, nice building

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time for less than a year

Pros

employee enrichment and professional opportunities

Cons

no input in scheduling or which department of company I would be best suited for, salary offer quite low

You get out what you put in.

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity. This is a creative place to work. If you are willing to work hard, be open minded, and creative, there are truly amazing opportunities to be had at this company.

Cons

Company policies could be more organized.

You are on the right track. I appreciate the opportunities and experience I gained by working here. A push toward cohesiveness could make huge difference.

Worked for LesConcierges? Contribute to the Community!