LesConcierges

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014
2.1

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around (in 6 reviews)

• very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

LesConcierges has huge potential

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Pros:

Ability To Grow – with the company growing as it has there is a lot of opportunity for those that want to take it to grow with the company. There is so much work to be done – the potential is phenomenal. The leaders have done an amazing job of getting the company to this place.

Culture – the company culture is still intact even with the growth. It is a fun and fast paced environment with very amazing and unique employees that make this company’s culture what it is. Everyone supports each other, and while doing hard work, still really like to enjoy what they are doing.

Loyalty – the management of the company is very loyal to their employees who have in turn given their blood, sweat and tears to get the company to where it is.

Concierges – the front line of the company is the concierges and they are amazing at what they do. They embody the company’s culture and help clients to make their lives better. The company would not be what it is today without them.

Clients – the ability for the company to customize to meet clients’ needs is a differentiator for the company. They take the clients goals/wants/needs and make them real.

Cons

Cons:

Upper Management – the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around. Senior team should look at those that are actually doing the work that don’t necessarily have VP titles; they are the backbone of keeping things going.

Infrastructure – with the growth the company is struggling to put the support in place that is needed to take the company to the next level.

Values - we should be living our values every day not just when it is convenient, that comes from the top down.

Get in touch with your employees, manage by walking around, invest in the people that are doing the work, prepare for the future of the company as I can see the potential!

Sep 9, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. Your review accurately captures this moment in the history of LC — both pros and cons. While we are fortunate to experience growth we are also ... More

Miserable. Toxic. Demoralizing.

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

The location is nice; San Francisco is a great city.

Cons

Incompetent management, lack of direction/leadership, no communication, no structure, no respect; almost everybody here is miserable. If you are a Concierge, you will be treated like crap. Teams are short staffed; you will be worked like a slave and expected to do the work of 2-3 people as you work on multiple competing accounts. You will be micromanaged to the point where it feels like you are in prison.

People get burnt out fast and there is an extremely high turnover. If you last more than a year you will probably end up suicidal.

Good work is not rewarded, and there is a severe lack of training and almost no opportunities for growth. You could work here 10 years and never be promoted or get a raise, not even to keep up with inflation. Working at LesConcierges is a job, not a career, and I would only recommend it as a last resort if you are desperate for money and have no other job prospects.

Hire more people, and treat your employees like human beings. Offer more paid time off so people don't burn out as fast.

LEFT JOB -- RECLAIMED SENSE OF WELL BEING

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Work Location - great shopping/dining area
    Opportunity to be exposed to cultural diversity via clients and coworkers

Cons

Too many to list: from antiquated database program that fails constantly to micromanagement of staff. Aesthetics of interior office space more important to company than cumulative ergonomic efficiency of departments. Employee concerns vaguely addressed, if at all, via anonymous suggestion boxes. Discouraged and stressed out employees; high turn-over.

This job requires a good-standing relationship, not only with the manager (if possible) , but the doctor. The stress is a toll on the BP.

I've never regretted leaving Les Concierges

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Many coworkers are talented and fun. They are universally overworked and underappreciated. It's nice to be rewared with a bottle of champagne. But undergoing constant monitoring and recording and then told all about your shortcomings was dispiriting - especially since the company allows no time to fullfil customer requests. It's all about answering time.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for client & customers. Software support & time management do not allow for responsible fulfillment of client requests.

I think it's hopeless.

I should have stayed in school - my parents warned me about jobs like this.

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay seemed ok (see below) and the location is neat. If you can afford it, there are lots of great restaurants nearby and a lot of bars ... which you will need to drown your sorrows. If you are in the upper ranks you will get to party a lot and not really do much (STAY IN SCHOOL, KIDS!!)

Cons

Pay was good, so I thought, but then I started doing the job - awful. Management is often abusive, several employees come to work high and some of the mangers stagger in hungover with some regularity. The "SmartAgent" application is terrible, the helpdesk tries to deal with it best they can but they are just as helpless in fixing the problems as we are. The IT manager is quite showy and loves to throw out fluff but doesn't really seem to know what is going on and relies on surveys which are manipulated to show how things are getting better. Bottom line, the application is horrible to use and no ammount of free backrubs is going to fix it. The company always feels like they are on the verge of collapse - the senior management lives in an ivory tower and seem to have no value for anyone not wearing a 1000$ suit. My coworkers toil like slaves in the bowels of a ship just waiting for the oppoorunity to jump escape.

I should have stayed in school - then I wouldn't have to work in this terrible place.

Aug 21, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As a current employee we urge you to speak with HR if you feel that inappropriate or unprofessional behavior has occurred. We do not condone ... More

Toxic environment with a capital T.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. It's close to Union Square. Office has windows.

Cons

Cronyism, favoritism, elitism, unprofessional, the list is almost endless. Middle managers who act like a clique out of Mean Girls (the Plastics?). You are not worthy of their time. Middle managers who regularly speak down to or chastise their employees in public. No one there seems to know the meaning of the word professionalism. You will only be promoted if you're in with the "plastics." Doesn't matter if you get high at work, show up mildly drunk or worse, if you're in with the four or five "managers" you'll get promoted even if there isn't a position open or existing.

No raises, absolutely no communication from anyone to anyone, huge divide between what they think concierges do and what the concierges actually do, no standard policies, no support for the working staff. And a very unethical environment.

Concierge work in teams for certain companies but told that they cannot work on different accounts because of contractual obligations. However this is contradicted when the concierge are asked to work on different accounts, then asked to hide all evidence when the account managers of each account do their rounds of the office.

The M.O. of the company seems to be turn and burn rather than retain the good, hard working, intelligent workers who will question your policies occasionally and have opinions to better their working environment. The company seems to prefer yes men and women. And god forbid you have an opinion about something. You'll be ostracized so quickly by these "managers' that you won't know what hit you.

Oh and the concierge cannot print anything out. Any time any document needs to be printed, only a "manager" can print it out. That's if you can find one.

Get rid of your entire middle and upper management team and start fresh with a new attitude and drive. Then hire leaders and motivators rather than promote favorites to "management" who are dragging the company and employee morale down. Management will not see it but these people are sucking the company dry with their elitism, unethical, and vindictive behavior. And for heavens sake, let them print.

Aug 21, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. It is clear that you are frustrated with your work environment. We have had several changes to management and implemented new policies and ... More

Unethical and questionable business practice.

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice location, though, expensive
    Really nice co workers
    Reasonable pay and bnenefits

Cons

Management is dangerously incompetent and very dishonest
    IT department is a joke - I think I know more about things than the "help desk"
    Favoritism, elitism, and pretty much bad "ism" you can think of

Sell the company and let somebody who knows what they are doing run it. Outsource everything you can - start with the Help Desk.

Jul 8, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. We appreciate your positive comments and also hear what you expressed as areas for improvement, specifically our IT Department. As anyone who ... More

Too many chiefs, FAR too few Indians for amount of work

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great office, fun and passionate coworkers from all parts of the world who deliver excellent service. I made friendships that I have maintained and cherish.

Cons

Management is constantly stressed due to certian accounts having an overwhelmingly amount of calls, which causes stress and low morale for certain teams. Some managers are great and some are a pain and micromanaging. Many concierges working several rival accounts at once, and when the corporate reps from these companies enter the office, the concierges are forced to hide their work material for the other accounts, and basically be dishonest. When the reps leave, it was back to working like a slave, and that really bothered me as we were not compensated for the extra work. HIGH turnover. People burnt out.

Hire more people, and if you want your employees to work more accounts, PAY them and recognize them, and I'm not tlaing about just saying "Great Job," all the time.

Wish I had a more positive review to write.

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Location, coworkers, benefits, and networking possibilities.

Cons

Lack of organization/resources/overall employee morale.

Focus on repairing the damages that have already been created by years of disorganization rather than acquiring new clients.

Surprised they are still in business

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get a pay check and some benefits. The job itself can actually be interesting. There are companies that do provide perks for concierges.

Cons

Too much bad management, lack of direction, multiple labor lawsuits against them, old equipment, dishonest owners not keeping promises, company always on the brink of collapse

Sell the company and leave the U.S.

LesConcierges Photos