LesConcierges Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

False claims of assets and capabilities, to staff and clients.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

International network could be a major asset, if the leadership practiced true partnerships. The office locations are well situated, but there is no comfortable movement and interaction within the organization.

Cons

Dysfunctional relationship between owners causes insecurities and paranoia across senior management, who mistreat staff that leads to high attrition rates.

Advice to Management

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. Record the claims and promises you make to your staff and your clients, and listen to them the next day.

All Dress and No Knickers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, location, location. A Maiden Lane address just off of San Francisco's Union Square. Interviews are held in the conference room of the flashy executive level. The pros of this place are the concierges. The benefits are good by market standards if one is eligible for them. Numerous talented, bright, high-spirited, ambitious young people see this as a great starting place for a blossoming career. The initial training is adequate, but it's also where the smoke and mirrors are introduced. The senior executives are masters of deception and exploitation. The folks working outside of the "executive suite" are among the brightest, kindest, well-intended people I've ever met. Sadly, one learns the camaraderie among the ranks is a Stockholm Syndrome-like relationship for having endured the same toxic torture. The thinly veiled disdain senior executives have for one another is only eclipsed by their passion for living the life of the rich and famous at the expense of their (dwindling) clients and exploited employees. On the few occasions I walked through the executive area, there was no glance of acknowledgment, no glimmer of a smile - only a curious grimace of who let you in here. There were some strong managers in the past, but anyone worthwhile is long gone. The mid-level managers are the product of no management training, no mentorship, and no acknowledgment whatsoever on a job well done. Last year at a town hall meeting, we were told senior management was "working" with Glassdoor to improve the company's reputation in the market.

Cons

A lot of bright, talented, ambitious, people walk into this place thinking it's too good to be true. It is. Six months, a year, two years later, they walk out feeling shell-shocked, demoralized, cynical, bitter, violated and grateful. Business decisions are based solely on emotions and favoritism. One's performance and contribution to the business has little to no effect on job security, upward mobility. Cronyism, favoritism and nepotism abound. People are literally pitted against one another, creating an environment of paranoia, insecurity and unease. The most satisfying part of your day is walking out the door at the end of a shift knowing at least part of your day won't be spent there.

Advice to Management

Would be like telling the Captain of the Titanic to take a hard turn starboard. It's curious, why is the CEO & President not isn't listed here as the CEO? but rather, two of his subordinates? Standby, I'm sure the Employee Engagement Manager has a meaningful answer.

A Game of Chess. Slave shop! Warning! Do not work here! You will be sorry!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

The concierges are fun to work with. They are the reason why I stayed with the company so long. (I hope more take this step to disclose this awful place on glass door) Making clients happy.

Cons

I am surprised that more people have not complained on glass door about their job here! Where do I begin? Well, when starting out with the company, we all had high hopes even though we noticed the negative reviews on this page. We started out with many in a new office and after approximately seven months after training, over half are gone. Most of them got fired and the others simply left without looking back. There are many lies in regards to the stability of the job. Many get told they are wanted and are doing a great job (safe ), however , they get fired. We literally walk on hot coals the entire time. They fire at least one person per week! No body feels like they are appreciated and the people who currently work there pray for the day when they find another job in order to get out of the hell hole. Too much stress! No sense of direction! Terrible training and then they blame you for something that goes wrong that you have not been taught! Call centers are in competition with each other! Too much favoritism in one particular call center! Unfair practices! Too many head games! Lots of gossip. Stay away! Most people wished they had!!!!!!! Please trust me or you will be sorry. Gloomy place!!!!!

Advice to Management

Make all the call centers the same playing field. Do not lie to employees! Please make ways for all call centers to have fun! Help the employees to feel like they are working in a stable environment.

Why doesn't anyone listen to the little guy?

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice pay, benefits, 401K, friendly staff

Cons

Terrible management, no communication, upper management lies to clients, knee-jerk reactions, too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Advice to Management

Fire every manager and start fresh. Listen to the concierge who are actually taking the calls and understand what the clients really want.

6. pretty gppd

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

bad management to work with

Deceptive practices

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients. Concierge work can be fun and rewarding.

Cons

I was at the highest level of management. Deceptive employment practices that adversely affected lower level employees motivated me to leave and find a healthier work environment. The president plays a constant game of smoke and mirrors. Promises made are rarely fulfilled and he manages by intimidation. Employees fear retaliation for speaking up and often work with inadequate equipment and poor management support. The employee turnover ratio is extremely high for obvious reasons and the work environment toxic.

Advice to Management

Everything I had to say to upper management has already been expressed... and ignored.

The Butler

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Clean office, Some managers on the Lower level are really good people and have great ideas. Centrally located and easy to get to in the city.

Cons

Upper managed has no idea what they are doing . So many things creatively that the company could to do but again upper management are stooges. Very restrictive in a bad way.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As you have rated us with one star it is apparent that your current experience at LC is not as good as it should be, by far. However there are ... More

Trash / no direction

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Location. Still a nasty hole in the wall, but relatively has an excellent location.

Cons

Trash culture, trash employees who do not care. Uneducated employees who hold critical roles, and their ignorance gets in the way of try potential. Management doesn't know what it is doing more than half the time - it's like always a total shot in the dark with them.
    I guess they're still in business because what they do is a very straight forward, no complications, type of service and somehow nailed some large clients.internally, however, it falls right at the level of trash.
    Company cannot afford copy machines, very insecure financially and is hanging by their clients.... Which at least they didn't mess up in that area, but they do mess up their employees with very limited potential.... Again.. Trash company to work for, but a good company to call so that they can do a "Google search" for u... LOL.

Advice to Management

Change management, atop hiring trash who do not care about advancement,.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

As an employee of LesConcierges for nearly 15 years, my opinion of our company and hard working professionals is far different from yours (and I must say, more respectful). Still, I would have ... More

Not a culture I want to live again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

people, location, parties, not much else to say in this area

Cons

favoritism, homophobia, lack of trust, gossip culture, "in" and "out" crowd, lack of integrity, blame culture

Advice to Management

Understand why the same churn keeps happening, year after year.

Apr 28, 2014Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As a three-year veteran at LC your feedback is valuable. It is my hope that you took part in an exit interview with me as I look for specific ... More

friendly supportive environment, professional colleagues, nice building

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employee enrichment and professional opportunities

Cons

no input in scheduling or which department of company I would be best suited for, salary offer quite low

RSS Feed </> Embed