LesConcierges Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
76 reviews filtered by

They Lost Their Way- Need to Get Back to Basics

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Concierge & ticket staff are excellent. Travel experts are talented, although a little cliquish. Some managers will fight for you. Good benefits. Opportunities for growth and perks but you have to make yourself indispensable to get there. I enjoyed learning about travel, culture, and food during my years there. If it were 2008-2010, I'd recommend working there, back when they were smaller and gave their employees the time and space and independence to do the above and beyond job that they're so good at selling to clients.

Cons

Upper management is too top heavy- I bet many of them would have difficulty trying to justify their salaries when they spend so little time on the ground floor really seeing how these things work. Nobody should be promoted to a management or questionable VP position without spending *some* time taking and listening to calls. Because of this disconnect- they put together unrealistic standards and policies that are always changing and arbitrary and messily built on top of one another. The QA standards became harder and harder to fulfill and the QA team seemed rude and dismissive and unable to understand nuances, personal style, or what real human connection looks like. This kind of service can not and should not be automated- stop trying to standardize everything.

Chill out with expansion and growth- stop changing the rules on employees, especially without their input. Get back to what brought you success- individualizing the experience. Adding responsibilities time and time again is bad for morale, which explains the higher than average turnover rate. You guys spend alot of money and time on training- wouldn't it be more cost effective to KEEP employees by giving them the time and space and staffing to do their jobs? Instead of working with soul-sucking financial institutions that ONLY know how to deliver monotonous, robotic service try to reach out to other type of high-end clients. Don't treat your employees like children- they should have some say in when to take a break or when they need some time off the phones to catch up. Most would not abuse this responsibility and it's the job of management to work with the few employees that spend too much time off the phones.

Inefficient and full of facades; a fake standard of excellence

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful Coworkers, from all backgrounds and multiple countries
    Understanding Management, often will connect with you on a human level rather than just being an employee

Cons

Terrible Quality Standards for Customers, really unprofessional reports delivered
    An unbelievable amount of legal protocols, certain verbage for nearly anything
    Abhorrent Hours, really erases any hope of a personal life

Distribute wealth more evenly!

DO NOT WORK AT LESCONCIERGES

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

office location, paycheck, and health benefits

Cons

-favoritism and low salary
    -clueless HR
    -drunk and unprofessional managers
    -no advancement if not on favorites list

hire new management, stop favoritism, and value your employees.

Dull,demanding and demeaning

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Close to BART, reasonable benefits. There's free cake sometimes. Sometimes we get the surplus of fancy events from upstairs.

Cons

It's boring as all get out. They make a big deal out of training you for everything, but it's 70% calls you need to route to the bank. They expect a very high quality of work, but don't pay enough money to earn it. They no longer let you browse personal websites while at work. There's around 15 points you're supposed to hit in each call and it's near impossible.

Hire more people! When we're slammed, of course the call quality is going to be poor.

Terrible experience, would not recommend it.

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Office location is good for transport.

Cons

Management was poor. Favouritism was strong.

Start again from top down.

Hard work pays off!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The location and office environment is very modern and it is rare to feel obligated to work overtime. Overtime opportunities are usually available however, and it is nice to be able to have the opportunity to increase your paycheck if you are willing to work for it. You can come in to work, do your job, and leave it at work. Compensation is in line with other jobs in the hospitality industry and the bonus structure is great if you work hard enough to get the full pay out. Manager's are direct in what they expect of you in terms of performance level and provide helpful insight of how to deal with difficult customers. The HR department is wonderful and supportive, if you ask for support that is.

Cons

There could be more resources and educational trainings and more career guidance if you are hoping to move up in the company. Yes, the company is growing so there is a lot of opportunity, but the company has expanded very fast and there isn't too much of a focus on developing employees.

Reach out and engage more with the concierge and collaborate. Great things can come from working together.

LesConcierges Response

Sep 9, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. We appreciate you highlighting the positive aspects of working at LC, specifically the financial opportunities that are available to employees ... More

Do Not Accept a Job Here Unless it is your Only Hope

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic! Interesting people, friendly & helpful. It is a good thing they are helpful because the training is pathetic. The office looks nice the first time or two you see it. You'll learn about cool places. (but won't ever get to go there while you are working here).

Cons

It took me more than 4 months after leaving here to write this review cause I was so bitter and burnt out and I want to be realistic. Talking with other people who left around the same time on Facebook I realized we all felt the same way and I wanted to contribute something to steer people way from this pitfall. It LOOKS good. They TALK a good game. They even say it's "not your typical call center" as they guide you around the building. The reality is awful, just awful.

The long term employees are bitter and just playing the games to get the QA scores they need to keep people off they're backs. QA is ridiculous, I'm not even going to waste time talking about how useless their "new improved" system is. You will be held to arbitrary, ever changing standards even as the calls keep coming in. They talk about "white glove service" but that's really not what happens, they don't have enough staff to make that work. They seem to spend a lot of time getting people in the door then make them miserable until they leave.

What do I miss least? Horrible supervisors with no management experience. Total lack of support when customers are upset. Constantly being asked to do more with no extra perks or rewards (if you last here a year you are basically senior staff!!!!). And the stress of little to no time off (realistically impossible, every one calls in sick to go on vacation, wink wink).

About some of the other reviews on this site: be very wary of any reviews that mention the great work of the HR department - any one who has ever worked here knows this is not true. And why are all the good reviews anonymous?

Where to start? Treat your employees like human beings. You hired them because they are exciting people and then you squeeze the life out of them. There is one trainer, Justin, who really taught people how to sound great on the phone and to have some style. He is the only reason I lasted there at all. The other trainers are useless. The HR department is clueless and out of touch, they only cater to the needs to the management employees and ignore/harass the worker bees. And taking a survey and another survey and another survey is frustrating and made me feel crazy for even thinking all this talk about change was anything more than talk. Stop sending out surveys. Listen to the people who really do the work and answer the phones. And stop basing everyone's workday on the worst software I have ever seen. I wish you well cause you gave me a job when they were hard to find. But you treated me like replaceable, breakable object and I had to leave.

LesConcierges has huge potential

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Pros:

Ability To Grow – with the company growing as it has there is a lot of opportunity for those that want to take it to grow with the company. There is so much work to be done – the potential is phenomenal. The leaders have done an amazing job of getting the company to this place.

Culture – the company culture is still intact even with the growth. It is a fun and fast paced environment with very amazing and unique employees that make this company’s culture what it is. Everyone supports each other, and while doing hard work, still really like to enjoy what they are doing.

Loyalty – the management of the company is very loyal to their employees who have in turn given their blood, sweat and tears to get the company to where it is.

Concierges – the front line of the company is the concierges and they are amazing at what they do. They embody the company’s culture and help clients to make their lives better. The company would not be what it is today without them.

Clients – the ability for the company to customize to meet clients’ needs is a differentiator for the company. They take the clients goals/wants/needs and make them real.

Cons

Cons:

Upper Management – the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around. Senior team should look at those that are actually doing the work that don’t necessarily have VP titles; they are the backbone of keeping things going.

Infrastructure – with the growth the company is struggling to put the support in place that is needed to take the company to the next level.

Values - we should be living our values every day not just when it is convenient, that comes from the top down.

Get in touch with your employees, manage by walking around, invest in the people that are doing the work, prepare for the future of the company as I can see the potential!

LesConcierges Response

Sep 9, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. Your review accurately captures this moment in the history of LC — both pros and cons. While we are fortunate to experience growth we are also ... More

Miserable. Toxic. Demoralizing.

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

The location is nice; San Francisco is a great city.

Cons

Incompetent management, lack of direction/leadership, no communication, no structure, no respect; almost everybody here is miserable. If you are a Concierge, you will be treated like crap. Teams are short staffed; you will be worked like a slave and expected to do the work of 2-3 people as you work on multiple competing accounts. You will be micromanaged to the point where it feels like you are in prison.

People get burnt out fast and there is an extremely high turnover. If you last more than a year you will probably end up suicidal.

Good work is not rewarded, and there is a severe lack of training and almost no opportunities for growth. You could work here 10 years and never be promoted or get a raise, not even to keep up with inflation. Working at LesConcierges is a job, not a career, and I would only recommend it as a last resort if you are desperate for money and have no other job prospects.

Hire more people, and treat your employees like human beings. Offer more paid time off so people don't burn out as fast.

LEFT JOB -- RECLAIMED SENSE OF WELL BEING

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Work Location - great shopping/dining area
    Opportunity to be exposed to cultural diversity via clients and coworkers

Cons

Too many to list: from antiquated database program that fails constantly to micromanagement of staff. Aesthetics of interior office space more important to company than cumulative ergonomic efficiency of departments. Employee concerns vaguely addressed, if at all, via anonymous suggestion boxes. Discouraged and stressed out employees; high turn-over.

This job requires a good-standing relationship, not only with the manager (if possible) , but the doctor. The stress is a toll on the BP.

LesConcierges Photos