LesConcierges Reviews

Updated August 7, 2014
Updated August 7, 2014

2.0

Matt Clemenson & James Eyton

Pros
  • commuter's ease to Union Square location (in 4 reviews)

• If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • very less communication from senior management, low involvement in decision making (in 5 reviews)

• the company is very heavy on the upper management with a lot of VP titles thrown around (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I should have stayed in school - my parents warned me about jobs like this.

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay seemed ok (see below) and the location is neat. If you can afford it, there are lots of great restaurants nearby and a lot of bars ... which you will need to drown your sorrows. If you are in the upper ranks you will get to party a lot and not really do much (STAY IN SCHOOL, KIDS!!)

Cons

Pay was good, so I thought, but then I started doing the job - awful. Management is often abusive, several employees come to work high and some of the mangers stagger in hungover with some regularity. The "SmartAgent" application is terrible, the helpdesk tries to deal with it best they can but they are just as helpless in fixing the problems as we are. The IT manager is quite showy and loves to throw out fluff but doesn't really seem to know what is going on and relies on surveys which are manipulated to show how things are getting better. Bottom line, the application is horrible to use and no ammount of free backrubs is going to fix it. The company always feels like they are on the verge of collapse - the senior management lives in an ivory tower and seem to have no value for anyone not wearing a 1000$ suit. My coworkers toil like slaves in the bowels of a ship just waiting for the oppoorunity to jump escape.

I should have stayed in school - then I wouldn't have to work in this terrible place.

Aug 21, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As a current employee we urge you to speak with HR if you feel that inappropriate or unprofessional behavior has occurred. We do not condone ... More

Toxic environment with a capital T.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job. It's close to Union Square. Office has windows.

Cons

Cronyism, favoritism, elitism, unprofessional, the list is almost endless. Middle managers who act like a clique out of Mean Girls (the Plastics?). You are not worthy of their time. Middle managers who regularly speak down to or chastise their employees in public. No one there seems to know the meaning of the word professionalism. You will only be promoted if you're in with the "plastics." Doesn't matter if you get high at work, show up mildly drunk or worse, if you're in with the four or five "managers" you'll get promoted even if there isn't a position open or existing.

No raises, absolutely no communication from anyone to anyone, huge divide between what they think concierges do and what the concierges actually do, no standard policies, no support for the working staff. And a very unethical environment.

Concierge work in teams for certain companies but told that they cannot work on different accounts because of contractual obligations. However this is contradicted when the concierge are asked to work on different accounts, then asked to hide all evidence when the account managers of each account do their rounds of the office.

The M.O. of the company seems to be turn and burn rather than retain the good, hard working, intelligent workers who will question your policies occasionally and have opinions to better their working environment. The company seems to prefer yes men and women. And god forbid you have an opinion about something. You'll be ostracized so quickly by these "managers' that you won't know what hit you.

Oh and the concierge cannot print anything out. Any time any document needs to be printed, only a "manager" can print it out. That's if you can find one.

Get rid of your entire middle and upper management team and start fresh with a new attitude and drive. Then hire leaders and motivators rather than promote favorites to "management" who are dragging the company and employee morale down. Management will not see it but these people are sucking the company dry with their elitism, unethical, and vindictive behavior. And for heavens sake, let them print.

Aug 21, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. It is clear that you are frustrated with your work environment. We have had several changes to management and implemented new policies and ... More

Unethical and questionable business practice.

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice location, though, expensive
    Really nice co workers
    Reasonable pay and bnenefits

Cons

Management is dangerously incompetent and very dishonest
    IT department is a joke - I think I know more about things than the "help desk"
    Favoritism, elitism, and pretty much bad "ism" you can think of

Sell the company and let somebody who knows what they are doing run it. Outsource everything you can - start with the Help Desk.

Jul 8, 2013Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. We appreciate your positive comments and also hear what you expressed as areas for improvement, specifically our IT Department. As anyone who ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too many chiefs, FAR too few Indians for amount of work

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great office, fun and passionate coworkers from all parts of the world who deliver excellent service. I made friendships that I have maintained and cherish.

Cons

Management is constantly stressed due to certian accounts having an overwhelmingly amount of calls, which causes stress and low morale for certain teams. Some managers are great and some are a pain and micromanaging. Many concierges working several rival accounts at once, and when the corporate reps from these companies enter the office, the concierges are forced to hide their work material for the other accounts, and basically be dishonest. When the reps leave, it was back to working like a slave, and that really bothered me as we were not compensated for the extra work. HIGH turnover. People burnt out.

Hire more people, and if you want your employees to work more accounts, PAY them and recognize them, and I'm not tlaing about just saying "Great Job," all the time.

Wish I had a more positive review to write.

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Location, coworkers, benefits, and networking possibilities.

Cons

Lack of organization/resources/overall employee morale.

Focus on repairing the damages that have already been created by years of disorganization rather than acquiring new clients.

Surprised they are still in business

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get a pay check and some benefits. The job itself can actually be interesting. There are companies that do provide perks for concierges.

Cons

Too much bad management, lack of direction, multiple labor lawsuits against them, old equipment, dishonest owners not keeping promises, company always on the brink of collapse

Sell the company and leave the U.S.

A company not concerned with professionalism.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Convenient Location.
    Workers (non-management) are knowledgable and friendly.
    Interesting Industry.
    Nice industry perks.
    Sometimes flexible.
    Can't think of anymore...

Cons

Lack of Structure and Professionalism.
    Lack of Training and Coaching.
    Alot of Turnover.
    Too many systems problems.
    Not Solutions-Oriented.
    No Leadership.
    Not willing to share information.

There is too much politics there. You do not see what really is going on in the company at the operational level. Get rid of SmartAgent.

Not a Good Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

There are nice people with diverse backgrounds. If you make an effort to get to know people the people that work there you will personally learn a lot.

Cons

Management does not know how to run an effecient and effective company. They are just bumbling along and hoping things will work out. They depend on other people to get things done. Everyone seems to have fires to put out. You will have to dance their dance if you want to suceed here.

The one review that has been blocked due to the Community Guidelines policy should impky enough.

You need to get some leadership!!! Communication is very poor. Alignment is non-existant. Few people succeed in the company because people are not motivated. Most positions are set up for failure.

Now that the economy is bouncing back, Lesconcierges needs to make drastic changes

Former Employee - Management  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges

Pros

Close to public transportation, new building, nice views, and commuter benefits. You get paid on time, and the hourly staff are generally nice. Since they have such a high turnover I think almost everyone in the city has worked at LC at some point.

Cons

Ego. This company has a lot of ego, and I think that ego gets in the way of this company being successful. I think senior management has good intentions but they need to be more humble and appreciative of their staff.

Common sense. Management could also use a dose of common sense. Case in point, the other month they threw a birthday party in the office for one person. Now this person has been at the company for a long time and certainly deserved a party. But they do not do this for anyone else. While most people were celebratory, the message management sent to others were that the were not important. So common sense would tell you a blatant display of favoritism is not the best way to motivate others to do their best work.

Appreciation. The only time LC will show you appreciation is when you decide to resign. Trying to have a rationale conversation with them about a pay increase will not get you one, instead give your resignation and they will throw money at you to try to get you to stay. But guess what, by that time it's too late.

Better HR. Okay, HR is laughable. Like seriously, how do they not track vacation time? Or give offer letters? Or have a written policy on how to counsel employees? Or a formal review system? Oh, cause the HR is a previous concierge with no HR experience who is never in the office.

It seems that sales comes before operations. The company still operates like a mom and pop and has not dealt with the rapid growth because the people that have been there before the global expansion were not qualified to handle the breath of experience needed to understand their expansion. The ego of the C-level and certain VP's prevented the expansion of the LC/AXA partnership to go smoothly because LC was not willing to give up operational control to help the partnership be successful.

Hmmm, I don't know. maybe block Netflix since a lot of the concierge like to watch it during work hours. Bring in an outside consultant to help the company morale and do a root cause analysis to figure out why there is such an alarming turn over rate.

If you have dignity or self respect - avoid this company at all costs!

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges

Pros

Nice location - expensive to eat lunch
    Nice co-workers despite terrible management
    Benefits are not too bad
    Nice help desk despite no leadership

Cons

Clueless management
    Main application is a total piece of crap and crashes constantly
    No investment in decent phones or computers
    Mentally unstable upper management

Stop hiring unqualified senior managers with silly titles
    Spend less money on furniture and fix the stupid application
    Fire your senior management and hire a couple of qualified people

Worked for LesConcierges? Contribute to the Community!