Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies Reviews

Reset
2.5
Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies Chairman and CEO Lawrence H. Hayward
Lawrence H. Hayward

Pros
  • Promote from within, I made it from lead sales associate to store manager in a year (in 4 reviews)

• Training was hands-on and I learned a lot about the pool industry (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no training, horrible management, low pay (in 8 reviews)

• I have been there a year and have Store managers calling me on information they should know but they were made managers only because they knew someone (in 7 reviews)

1. Leslie's

I worked at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies full-time

Pros

Learned a lot about the pool industry, retail experience, customer service experience, inventory experience, sales and costs to own building

Cons

Customer service and retail are for the select few, upper management needed some work, low raises, unappreciative managers

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing, if an employee does well give them an appropriate raise, promote those who deserve it and work hard, not those who "fit the part"

2. Good stepping stone

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Offer benefits & paid vacation as well as flexible scheduling year round for full time employees Good retail/sales/customer service experience builder Offer plenty of overtime (time and a half for hourly associates) during pool season

Cons

They take advantage of employees "flexibility" between stores and do not properly compensate Not much room for promotion Expect managers to live eat breath Leslie's Salaried Managers get less than minimum wage for hours worked past 40/week

Advice to Management

Pay employees better, compensate low tier employees being asked to work at high tier stores for the time they're at the higher tier store

3. Lead Sales Associate

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Brick, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Brick, NJ

I have been working at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good sales experience, helpful managers

Cons

Lack of communication between management and sales team

5. Review

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one "pro"...

Cons

Management cares only for profit. Only for profit.

Advice to Management

Wages need to be much higher for low level

6. Leslie's Sales associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work, chemical tests can be kind of fun.

Cons

You have to inhale millions of different kinds of chemicals all day. I had severe headaches from the smell of these chemicals.

Advice to Management

They should be paid more, or management should not hire people with so many problems.

7. Disappointing

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Room for advancement, early closes (most stores close by 7pm), good place to enter the field

Cons

Upper management, pay, work load (responsible for repairs, sales, managing the service section, etc.), stress, lack of autonomy

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better since one does the work of seven (most stores only staff 2 people per store), take harassment claims seriously, support your employees with better benefits, get a better (or really any) training structure in place, more communication between corporate and the stores, and acknowledge weather conditions as a factor in sales.

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leslie's Pool Supply is a good place to work if you will work hard and be determined to learn all you can about pools. Expect to stay a seasonal worker if you do not work hard.

Cons

There are not very many downsides. It is a very good place to be and work. They pay you fairly.

Advice to Management

Work to provide a more rigorous training process for new employees. The first few weeks they are flying blind if they do not own a pool.

9. Lot to learn in little time

Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Good people to work with at least at the one I worked, not to stressful, coworkers always willing to help. Not much work just need for knowledge about pools and chemicals. I enjoy working with the company.

Cons

There are periods where you may not see a single customer for an hour or two, which makes time go by really slow, you feel dumb when customers ask you questions that you have no clue about but that is the best way to learn

Advice to Management

Keep it up

10. Great Experiene

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Penfield, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Penfield, NY

I worked at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given more responsibility than I had been in previous jobs. My boss was amazing, he was helpful, instructive, always available and extremely knowledgeable.

Cons

I wasn't able to be a full time employee due to the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

You are doing great.

11. it's ok

Pros

It is Fun place to work

Cons

Corporate are really strict and will fire a manager if they don't make their sales goals for 2 years

RSS Feed </> Embed