Lessard Group

1 Rating

Staff Architect

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at Lessard Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The great thing about Lessard is that they remain on top of technology. You always have the best and latest software and they try to get their clients to see how it benefits them. They were one of the first companies to start using Revit and did a number of beta tests for them.

Cons

It's a sweat shop. No ifs ands or buts about it. If you for yourself to the bone they will expect it all of the time. I worked a number of all nighters during my employment and not once did they say "thank you take tomorrow off."

When it snows they don't close. And I'm not talking about a little snow either. They didn't close when there was a foot of snow on the ground and I couldn't get off my street. I took that time out of my PTO.

Don't over work your employees. When they go out of their way to do something for the company, take notice and reward them for it.

My experience at Lessard Group was of no consequence to my becoming a better professional, and it was a waste of time.

Former Employee - Staff Architect in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Staff Architect in Vienna, VA

I worked at Lessard Group

Pros

It offers great opportunities to experience prestigious projects.

Cons

Ten hr work days are a minimal. Work-life balance are concepts only in paper. Due to high turn-over the operations are a mess. Everything was due "yesterday". Lot of pressure on production staff and some times due to the lack of co-ordination it can get very frustrating to do a job well. One has to constantly watch ones back to be able to stay out of bad reviews.

Get more organized individuals capabilities and assign work accordingly.

Formerly a big group that faced the real world one day, and now is almost wipeout from the surface of earth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at Lessard Group

Pros

The people (staff in particular), but those are almost all gone now, downsize oblige. A multi departments or subgroups with different architectural/services practices makes it look good from the outside.

Cons

leadership out of the small circle of the owner "family" is not recognized enough, few or nill internal promotions to push the staff out of its boundaries to motivate them.

listen and be more proactive in a word take risk with your staff to push the limits if not you become what you are now...Good luck!

Wish them the best to get out from their mess

I worked at Lessard Group

Pros

Co-workers are nice and most of them professionals, high-end cutting edge technology available (or used to be)

Cons

all firm policies go with the wind, one day it requires to be licensed architect to be a project manager, the next day they hire incompetent un-licensed...few promotion within the firm, family business state of mind, short views.

Listen and delegate better