Let's Go Publications Reviews

1. Not rewarding.

Former Employee - Ad Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Ad Associate in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Let's Go Publications

Pros

Let's Go paid me a decent hourly wage, and I was allowed time off when I needed it at short notice.

Cons

The work was tedious, and the job I ended up doing was much different from what I signed up for. Management also put me in charge of cold calling a number of countries to solicit sales, but because of different time zones, I would have had to shift my hours around to accommodate the open hours of these international businesses. This meant I couldn't make sales because I wasn't able to work during those hours (often late at night), which Let's Go knew because I had indicated my specific available hours (I was a student).

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management other than to say that more organization and communication would be beneficial to your fellow employees.

2. A decent summer job for Harvard students

Former Employee - Associate Editor
    Former Employee - Associate Editor

I worked at Let's Go Publications

Pros

The pay is decent, the work culture is pretty laid back, it's a nice location, and the work is not difficult.

Cons

Some books seemed to find it almost impossible to finish their workloads while I was there, although they've since changed around the structure. I was also was disatisfied with the communication with some of the management - while some I really respected, others bothered me.

Advice to Management

It's hard for me to offer advice now since the company is changed. I did feel that the workload was unevenly split while I was there, and the high rate of company turnover is definitely an issue.

RSS Feed </> Embed