LetterLogic Reviews

3.8
CEO

1. Great culture

I have been working at LetterLogic

Pros

Great culture, love the people I work with, good review/raise process.

Cons

Location (I live in Murfreesboro!!

More shifts in production to deal with overflow.

2. Fun place to work

I have been working at LetterLogic

Pros

Fun place to work. We get listened to a lot and I think most managers have an open door policy. It’s a relaxed environment. It’s also a casual dress place and jeans, t’s are fine.
    The main benefits are good - 100% paid health benefits. I go to the doc a few times year, might have one prescription, and it’s perfect for me. Also have an HSA card. There’s profit sharing at 10% of net profit. We also have a 401k, but the company doesn’t match.

There’s some other benefits that are cool, though not everyone can take advantage – pets and kids are welcome, but if you work on the production floor that probably isn’t as easy to accomplish.

Salaries are good and I have no problem supporting myself and my family. Also been promoted and given generous raises, so that’s a huge plus. They don’t just focus on the fluffy-sound bite stuff like a lot of “Best places to work” winners do.

Cons

The building is kind of loud. Lots of open air workspaces - that’s how all of IT and CS is, so if people are talking or laughing it’s kind of distracting.

Upstairs is production and the offices up there can get loud because of all of the machines running.

Find additional office space for quiet time.

3. Flexible work environment

I have been working at LetterLogic

Pros

Flexible work environment. I manage my own time as long as my projects are done on time and clients are happy. No micro-managing.

100% paid health and dental insurance. Coverage is good for a healthy person.
    Cool people. Company attracts good talent and despite being a pretty small company, a lot of people I know have heard about it b/c of press, etc.

I can bring my dog to work occasionally and sometimes I see people bring kids in when school closes.

Have an education program where you can get some of your school/training paid for.

Cons

Currently don’t have prescription drug coverage for health insurance.

Not every department has a clear career plan. You kind of have to make your own way and take on additional responsibilities and build yourself new positions if you want to rise in the ranks. But they’re not stingy with performance reviews

Find ways for employees who have health problems to “buy up” and get a little more insurance coverage

Food truck?

5. From the moment I started, LL has been my home away from home and has allowed me to be full time LL family member and

I have been working at LetterLogic

Pros

From the moment I started, LL has been my home away from home and has allowed me to be full time LL family member and a very present full time mother and wife outside of LetterLogic. I work with some of the most amazing and talented people I have ever met and I am thankful every day to be part of this company. I consider some of them my best friends, my family.

I know that my ideas are heard and I know if I feel strongly about making a change, I am given the autonomy to do so. We all try very hard to make decisions that positively affect not only our employees, their families, our clients, our clients customers, and our community in a positive way.

The environment is casual. I meet people all the time that wish they were working here with me.

Cons

My commute is kind of gross, but that is my choice. LL is located by the Sounds stadium and I live in LaVergne. Up until last week, it was a con to not have food within walking distance, but a sandwich shop/pub opened up.

The parking lot isn’t paved and it’s getting fuller every day. If you leave at lunch it’s hard to get a spot when you come back.

Keep on, keeping on and know that it is not lost on me, that we know you care about us. We know that you put us first. We also know that you expect us to do the same for our client, our products and our involvement in the community.

I have watched my direct leader grow into a role that is so fitting and so well deserved that it makes me want to work harder so our team gets better every day. I know that if I wanted or needed a change, a path would be set of me. LL is a special place and much like a beautiful flower, when you feed it what it needs, it transforms into something amazing. I am thankful every day to be here and will be here for many years to come.

Be warned

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at LetterLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They offer nothing that any other company doesn't offer, except you can take your dog to work. Otherwise, you can find it all, and in better form, somewhere else.

Cons

If you're the type of person who stands up for genuine business ethics and right/wrong, this isn't the place for you. Unless you undertake the LetterLogic brainwashing, you will not last. Plus, their health plan is horrible. Sure, it's paid, but you pretty much have to kill over to meet the deductible. Profit sharing is great, but you have to be there 6 months (and LetterLogic is known in Nashville for very high turnover for such a small company, so I wouldn't bank on that profit share). If you are looking for a career, I would advise you to keep looking. This place is more like a stepping stone to something much better if you're lucky.

Learn to get along, learn to be logical, learn to act like adults. Build morale, especially if you want your "culture" to be all you portray it to be. Treat everyone with respect and common courtesy, it will get you better results that just using your "title" alone.

I have to agree with some of what was written before...

I have been working at LetterLogic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people that work there, company is stable, and pay is above average.

Cons

Five of the seven positive review written above were false, and written by the same person...The harsh review might be a little over the top, but everyone's experience here is different.

Let the truth come out - ten people have left in the last five months because of shady management...and that's 20% OF YOUR ENTIRE COMPANY.
    It's not high school anymore - backbiting, paranoia, and dishonesty will not earn you a reputation as a good employer, no many how many fake reviews you manufacture.
    There are many others that feel this way - and when their checks hit the bank, they will share their own stories.
    You started this company with good intentions...but somewhere along the way...it just went WRONG.
    LetterLogic has peaked...and no amount of spin can erase the truth....which is that if you want to get this company back on track and truly be a top employer in Nashville, you need a leadership change. A serious one.

8. Outstanding Company!

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Assistant in Nashville, TN

I worked at LetterLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We also have a 401k, but the company doesn’t match.

Cons

talking or laughing it’s kind of distracting.

Find additional office space for quiet time

9. A good company with good people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LetterLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

100% paid health and dental insurance. Coverage is good for a healthy person.

Cons

Currently don’t have prescription drug coverage for health insurance.

10. Great Place to Work and Learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LetterLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, great people to work with, 10% profit sharing, an opportunity for upward mobility, flexible work schedule, an inclusive environment and the opportunity to make a difference within the organization. I am genuinely happy to come into work everyday.

Cons

Working at a mid-sized, fast-growing, company, we are sometimes limited in what we can accomplish during a short amount of time. The company is now working hard to eliminate distractions and remain focused on specific and achievable tasks moving forward. The company has made some bad hires over the past few years (see the other review by a disgruntled former employee), but it does feel like we have the right team in place at this point in time.

You are doing so many things right. The culture is amazing and it shows in the commitment of your employees. I'd suggest offering different options for health insurance in 2015 and continuing to be transparent in regards to profit sharing and earnings. I'm honestly very thankful to have an opportunity to work at such a fantastic organization and for such a great CEO.

This place is a circus...

Current Employee - Someone Who Was Close Enough to the Issues to Know in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LetterLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

profit share (10% of net profits per month for every employee), casual work environment, can bring your dog to work, free coffee, used to get fed once a month at the company meeting, but now that is gone too -
    100% employer paid insurance (but it basically just saves you from bankruptcy, its not "REAL" coverage), and good mid year and end of year parties.

Cons

never know when you will be fired when the CEO has a mood swing
    Nobody trusts anyone there (but they would never admit it)
    TONS of backbiting and brown nosing
    people are fired on a whim, including the COO and CMO, members of senior leadership (for no reason...just GONE)
    everyone who is fired is forced to sign a severance agreement so they cant sue for wrongful termination,
    they loan employees money, but if they don't like you, they wont -
    They LIE - a lot - to each other, to outside entities, and to the general public...they make a big deal about all the awards they have earned or been given, but its a sham.

Stop covering for incompetent employees, and stop telling lies.
    Get the CEO some professional counseling and medication, before she goes off the deep end.
    Stop letting her fire employees that she doesn't like with no evidence...cause there is an EEOC charge headed that way.
    to the CEO - Stop promoting people that aren't worthy because they seem loyal...they AREN'T, and they are the people doing all the backbiting(and its usually you they are talking about). You cannot trust those you think you can (in senior leadership).
    The Secretary of Labor is coming soon for his visit...you better sweep your dirty business under the carpet before you get caught...because THAT would be embarrassing.
    Stop treating your employees like they are worthless...there are some quality folks there just waiting until the time is right to leave.
    Stop worrying about how the business industry perceives your "culture", because your definition of "culture" is code for we don't like you if you are different.
    Culture can be a great thing, if it's healthy and welcoming. This place is like a sophomore clique led by a high school educated only person that has some serious mental issues. Irrational and reactive behavior, screaming and cursing out employees, inappropriate behavior both at the company and away...so totally unprofessional and certainly not traits of a sound leader.
    The CFO should not be a one stop shop to lead every department besides operations...the CFO is young (maybe 30), inexperienced, and has zero business supervising ANYTHING but finance. That means Housekeeping, Overhead, Human Resources, parts of IT, or anything else they decide to throw at her. She just is not equipped. Not only does she not have the knowledge, but she doesn't have the leadership skills to recognize her shortcomings.
    The benefits you offer sound good...until the receptionist has to wait a year or more to get a much needed knee surgery because you pay him so little that he has to save up money just to be able to afford the co-pay. Ridiculous.