Level 3 Communications

Level 3 Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Level 3 Communications President & CEO Jeff Storey

Jeff Storey

Pros
  • workout facility), but from a distance it appeared work/life balance was important(in 26 reviews)

• The company has good benefits and people are compensated well(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No such thing as work life balance exists in many Level 3 departments(in 26 reviews)

• People who advances are only people who are close to the senior management(in 23 reviews)

Overall it was a good company to work for.

ProsPay is good, benefits were good, liked my job.

Conshigh stress environment, lots of overtime....but salary.

Advice to Senior Managementlighten up, promote work / life balance

Good experience

Marketing (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGreat company, work-life balance, freedom of actions and decisions if under good management. Company is in the best place possible today!

ConsCan burn you out, very stressful, very demanding. Everyone is headed up the ladder, can be ruthless. It basically comes down to forging a great relationship with management accross the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to retain good talent - you are no longer a toddler! Install an open door policy. Bring back the half days off.

Great multi vendor environment, much to learn

IP Technician II (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPTO is 20 days first day on the job. Can't beat that. Alcatel, Juniper, Cisco, just to name a few of the devices we manage and troubleshoot.

ConsWorking in a NOC for the first time, didn't know what to expect, but big learning curve for sure. Wish there was more standardized training procedures for those who start out at a Tech II position as oppose to working their way up from Tech I.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structure and in depth training for NOC technicians. So many different tools and repositories to find specific info to troubleshoot effectively.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

Field Technician (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsPays ok, benefits are good and the atmosphere is good on average. The job is extremely flexible.

ConsHigh demands and lack of equipment support. They have that military attitude of get it done with as little as possible.

There is no career advancement unless you want to move across the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart giving out promotions to people who deserve them instead of being cheap with your wallet. Happier employess are thousands of times more efficient than disgruntled ones.

Interesting Experience for a Contractor

Communications Specialist (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsLevel 3 has a great working environment allowing for easy collaboration, C-level executives office within their groups making them accessible. As you would expect, all avenues of internal communication are very high-tech, making working with others across the globe convenient. As a contractor, I can't speak to amenities reserved for employees (i.e. workout facility), but from a distance it appeared work/life balance was important.

ConsThe turn-over was exceptionally high, with one massive 6.5% layoff in the middle of my contract. Also, at that time there was an unusually large percentage of contractors and interns. It's what you might expect of a typical Fortune 500 company with multiple layers of hierarchy and people positioning themselves for success. Be prepared to work long days and be available 24/7.

Good Environment

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGood benefits, business casual environment, friendly people, competitive pay

ConsLike any job, your mgmt chain dictates the good and bad. With one exception yrs ago, all of my managers over the years have been nice and good to work for

Advice to Senior ManagementI like how employees are treated like people with lives and family- don't ever forget, keep up the good work

Great Place to work

ProsFlexible work hours and great working conditions

ConsI can not think of any cons, I am happy.

Decent, random pay

Ops Academy Associate (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsLots of paid time off, great benefits, people are generally happy and friendly.

ConsNo one will every say anything about pay or raises. The path to getting a raise is so muddled even your manager doesn't know if/when they will happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow employees clear plans for why they should plan a permanent career here. No specific numbers but a general timeline would be nice.

Great People who work really hard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent Benefits, excellent employees with extensive work experience

ConsIT Initiatives are frequently re-prioritized

Great place to work and gain experience

Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGood culture
    fair compensation
    great work life balance

ConsLimited career advancement due to organization structure. You have to move between division to move up.

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!