Level One

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Level One – “Charlotte”

Not yet rated.

Stephen T. Winn

There is a great career path at level one!

Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsI enjoyed the opportunities for advancement and the work environment was very fun.

ConsThe job can get a little monotonous.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrating more variety into the job and listening to employees' suggestion would enhance morale.

Growing Culture and Company

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe company works really hard to make sure that you have what you need. The training program goes into a lot of detail and puts a lot of time into making sure you know your job. The facility is pretty amazing. There are lots of other call centers in the building and they have free wi-fi. The job can be rewarding (your essentially helping people find homes). There are lots of opportunities for advancement.

ConsThe scheduling can be difficult. It can be hard to get the time off for random dates if you don't plan far in advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the way you schedule.

Frustrating

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Greer, SC

ProsSome of the people are genuinely nice and want to help you succeed. A large variety of hours to choose from. Pays more than some retail.

Cons-Noise! Imagine listening to 90 different conversations simultaneously for 8 hours a day.
    -The increased volume of calls (considered to be ideal by mgmt) does not allow you more than 5-10 seconds between calls.
    -The callers are generally rude and treat you at best like a door-mat.
    -No chance of career advancement into any other sector out of the call center. Second tier position barely pay better that bottom tier. If you hope to maybe 'slum it out' in the call center and then move into any other branch of the company, don't waste your time, unless you excel at the call center you will never move no matter how qualified you are for other jobs.
    -Those flexible schedules and ability to trade are a joke. Your schedule is only flexible if you pay others for their time (in addition to their extra hourly pay) and the company tends to only honor your schedule choices in you work at night and maybe 40-50% of the rest of the time.
    -Because of the lack of information provided by the communities (floor plans, detailed especially), callers will often get frustrated and often demand to speak with the 'real' office instead of you, but you still have to get their contact information and directing calls onsite gets counted against you.

Advice to Senior Management-Demand a standardized amount of information about every community.
    -Eliminate gray areas in information and policy
    -Relay to the community offices that we are trying to help them not steal their jobs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty Good Job

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsEncouraging and helpful environment. The company tries to make you feel comfortable.

ConsHigh call volume can be super stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of

It's a place to start, not make a career out of.

Care Specialist (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsThere is lots of room to grow with the company. They have something known as a Career Path that teaches you ways that you can grow with the company. It allows you to get raises and move forward within the company. Everyone here has started in the marketing part, which is answering the phones and they have moved forward from there. The team leads are helpful for the most part. The benefits are okay and start immediately. They review your calls with you (known as shop) to give you a better understanding of how you sound and how they want you to sound. They have a lot of companies in the area that give you discounts just for working at the company as long as you show them your badge. They recognize you for the work that you have done by either giving you your own parking spot for a week/ month, putting your picture/name on the company achievement board, throwing lunch parties, and a host of other things. Levelone is also open to the ideas of others, no matter where you are in the company. There are bonuses for getting high shop scores, setting appointments, coming to work on time and a few other things.
    Everything is done online, from clocking in and out to adjusting your benefits. You really don't have to meet with anyone for anything other than shops.
    The top people in the company love to walk around and get to know everyone that they can. So it is not uncommon to see the Vice President to just come up to some random Joe coworker and just began a conversation or ask how is the company treating them. They actually want a real answer, so don't be afraid of letting what's on your mind come out.

ConsThey mess up with your pay. Going through Career Path there are different levels and each level gives you a different pay raise. If you are not on top of them for that you will not get the pay raise. They are not good about stopping garnishments when the are supposed to be stopped.
    Seniority means nothing if your shop scores don't remain at the number that they want you at. You can be moved to another team without any say and different team leads have different criteria on how they want the calls answered. So where you may have a passing score of 90 something with one team lead, you may have a failing score of 80 with another team lead. Even though you are taking the call the same exact way that you always have to get the passing score.
     When moving up in the company from marketing to TLA (Team Lead Assistant) they do not go by how well you do your job or how long you have been with the company, it is based on how many times you have applied for the position and if you know someone that is on the hiring panel.
    There is a lot of ambiguity for some of the positions, because they change the rules almost every week on how to handle things and it is not always communicated to everyone on that team. So the only way that you will find out is if you are close to a coworker that has been told something and they hear you do it wrong and tell you the new way of doing it.
    Lots of favoritism. If they like you then you can pretty much get away with anything, but be sure that they like you as much as you think they do, because a lot of the people there are cut-throat and will smile in your face just to set you up to be fired. I have seen it happen a great bit.
    From the moment that you come into the interview they have you thinking that you are helping people and that it is not telemarketing, but that is not the case. This job is all about sales and when the numbers are low you are the first to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep an open line of communication with the boss so that when there are changes made they will be sure to inform you. No matter what always keep a positive attitude, anything less will kick you out the door Quickly. No matter how well you do your job, expect customers to curse you out. It is a very diverse workplace IN EVERY WAY, so keep an open mind. Try to get along with your coworkers, they make the job easier, BELIEVE ME. Always pay attention to your email, that is a MAIN way of contact for everyone, even if they sit right next to you.

Easy Job but a lot of Micromanaging

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Greer, SC

ProsEasy job with a flexible schedule that can be traded. Laid back depending on the shift.

ConsToo many opinions of how to take a call and to much gray area. Peer mentoring may help some but not all; its someone's opinion of how you should do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo away with peer mentoring. Do away with all the gray area.

Solid training if a Sales Career is the goal

Email Only Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsFocused training, respectable starting pay rate

ConsAbsolutely no flexibility in work schedule. Unable to plan for life events i.e. vacation. Heaven forbid if one gets sick. If time off is needed one has to resort to BEGGING someone to trade shifts. This is not a productive way to foster and retain call center staff. There is lack of communication between management and hourly staff. Emails receive no response.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize the value of the hourly call center staff. They are the bread and butter of your organization and your profits.

More marketing to get you in then programs to keep you.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsGreat people, fun environment, good training.

ConsParent company is a problem. They make everything more difficult. It can take 6 weeks to get approval for your $.25 per hour raise. There is no time in between calls. Advancement opportunities are rare and the increases in pay are no where near compatable with the increase in work. You can't trust HR at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest in opportunities, you have to be a favorite of head of operations to be considered.

Work hard and You can Do Anything in this Company

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Greer, SC

ProsI have been working with this company for almost 2 years. I have been promoted several times and have done just about every phone call position in the company.

This job is so flexible! You can literally work your schedule anyway you want if you're smart. You can technically miss up to 8.5 days without being fired. You get several bonuses for attendance. They give you 2.5k as a reimbursement to go back to school. They give you a gym membership.

I am now working from home with the same company and I am happier than I have ever been. I have talked to celebrities and made life long friends. My coaches have been by my side from the beginning.

I have learned leadership qualities I would have never learned anywhere else. I also use the same techniques I use over the phone to do sales and make extra money!

They literally keep track of your skills so when you apply somewhere else, your reputable.

I did what I was supposed to do and had everything handed to me and have a blast doing my job.

It can be repetitious if you allow it to be. When you have fun doing something you literally meet some of the coolest people over the phone.

You have the opportunity to meet multiple people a day.

You can get Voluntary time off almost any day during slow season. I literally had off almost all December and got paid for it with my PTO.

ConsIf you treat this like a job, your going to get regular job results.

It can be repetitious but from my experience which can ware and tear.

If you don't like sales then this can be tough

If you aren't making friends then you will probably hate it.

If you don't know how to work the scheduling system then you won't get the schedule you want so learn it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are awesome and I have never seen a company that is so committed to helping their associates succeed.

Honestly, it can be hard for a company to succeed but you guys have always involved me and asked my opinion. I love helping this company succeed.

You guys are great!

Don't go full time. It's too much.

Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPay + benefits is decent, and the people are nice.

ConsThe work is terribly tedious and they micromanage so much it becomes counter-productive. The people are actually great but the typical call-center policy of promoting based on seniority rather than performance is very demotivational. I ended up quitting when I couldn't take it anymore. The weekly reviews are pretty pointless, since nothing positive comes from you consistently doing well. Also, you will have to go against your better judgement on a lot of the calls. There are certain things you HAVE to say on a call, or you risk your job (regardless of whether the person on the phone is annoyed or straight up angry).

Worked for Level One? Contribute to the Community!