Level One Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Stephen T. Winn

1. I loved working here for the short time that I did. It is a lovely environment with great team of people.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Level One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very professional, clean and organized environment.

Cons

not a lot of schedule flexibility

2. Opportunities to advance if you make yourself known

I have been working at Level One full-time

Pros

Was able to move up from a marketing associate to other opportunities in the company. Not everyone is going to have the same experience, but if you stand out and make yourself known (and network a bit) you greatly increase your chances.

Cons

RealPage - the parent company - has especially recently turned a blind eye to fairly obvious solutions to problems around attrition, call volume and quality.

Advice to Management

There is not much the team on the ground in Greer can do, when the big shots in Dallas deflect any real chance at progress being made. Just keep fighting the good fight.

3. Good temporary job

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greer, SC

I worked at Level One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The trainers and team leaders were very kind and professional. I didn't have any boss that I didn't like. Fair pay for the work.

Cons

Long hours sometimes, schedule not very flexible. Had to work a couple of holidays, but they tried to let me go home as soon as they could.

Advice to Management

Good company and made it easy to move up. It was a good job for me when I needed one so much.

5. The co-worker experience is great. Management, at the time of my employment, was horrendous.

I have been working at Level One

Pros

Very flexible schedule considering the company is open 24/7/356.

Cons

The work is very monotonous.

6. Terrible Culture

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Level One

Pros

There are opportunities to advance

Cons

There is tension between different departments and within departments from management level down, co-workers are disrespectful, lots of HR issues, low pay to start out, very tedious job and they are always micro-managing

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication between teams and management. Also, be more selective with hiring valuable employees instead of just trying to get people into seats.

7. "Always Stay Positive!" can only last for so long....

Former Employee - Marketing Associate
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate

I worked at Level One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet people Easy Job Amazing Training program

Cons

EXTREMELY INCONSISTENT hours Annual retention rate less than 12% Easy leads to Routine/Tedious to the point of insanity

Advice to Management

I had four to five ideas on how to make the company more efficient, since my graduate degree involves such studies. But never got to the point where anyone would listen. THE RETENTION RATE HAS TO BE FIXED. The training grant that you guys use won't last forever.

8. Such an annoying job!!

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greer, SC

I worked at Level One (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training, cool employee lunchroom, and game room, decent wage, bonus incentives, really friendly staff, comfortable work environment

Cons

Taking call after call all day can be stressful especially when all the caller wants is to get pricing. It's fun selling the apartment to each caller, but difficult when the caller doesn't care about what you're saying and they get frustrated. It defeats the purpose of having a service like this. I had MANY calls like this. You feel a little deceitful toward each caller too because you're acting like you're on property giving them directions and telling them what the apartment is near only for the caller to find out you're on the other side of the country. It really makes them angry. You also don't have exact pricing for the customer you can only give a range like $500-$1,000 so you basically waist their time after talking their ear off about the swimming pools and "mature landscaping".

Advice to Management

I think if the customer calls in and specifically asks for JUST the pricing, I think the employees should be able just to give them the pricing THEN sell the community and schedule a tour. That way you're not annoying people and making them give up on the property and the call all together. In this economy, people already have set budgets so they don't care how nice the carpet is in the apartment. If they can't afford it they just can't and they want to keep it moving. Stop waisting the caller's time.

9. Great working environment!!

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Greer, SC

I have been working at Level One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits! Love the callers!!

Cons

Pretty much the same call all day.

10. Overall Satisfied

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Level One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family Culture, Numerous Incentives, Various Scheduling Options, Average Compensation, Employee Engagement Events, Growth Potential, Schedule Trading Options.

Cons

Limited Work-Life Balance, Occasional Weekends off would be nice, High Seasonal Volume, Career Path needs revamping.

11. Ok to great at lowest levels, A disaster above that!

Former Employee - Master Marketing Agent in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Master Marketing Agent in Greer, SC

I worked at Level One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comfortable setting - Very good benefits - Many great people to work with - Good job security if willing to settle for leadership inabilities - Occasional good rewards - Great part time/student work

Cons

Uncorrected floor issues - portrayal of advancement = very inaccurate: coming for any position above the phone line is worthless and is usually destructive - - constant change: often overcorrecting then changing back - unresponsive middle level management - questionable phone practices in some departments - Turnover of almost entire senior and middle staff in last two years - Unequally applied standards and codes - Elimination of successful and working programs - Bonuses often months behind promises. Bottom Line - Too much inaccurate talk for anything above part time or if you have any leadership experience elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Too many good performers leaving at most levels - Learn to recognize talent above being able to man the phone line and eliminate blocks in front of able employees who want to advance.

RSS Feed </> Embed