Level Up Development

1 Rating

Competitive Startup, Tight-knit development team

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Level Up Development full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay/Benefits:

- Competitive salary (for company size)
    - Health insurance for full-time employees
    - Flexible work hours
    - Remote work options available
    - Consultancy/Part-Time options available
    - Junior/Mid-level friendly

Culture:

- The occasional free company outing, such as going to a restaurant, having drinks after work or going to TEDx Indianapolis

- Very relaxed environment, where we talk about tech, our favorite games, drinks, restaurants or even have the occasional rant about the technologies we're using

- Also a very positive environment. We haven't hired anyone who doesn't genuinely enjoy fullstack
    web applications development.

Management:

- Self-accountability philosophy of management. (Ex: If you're good at what you do, no one here is going to bother you.)

- No unnecessary overtime here. I've done overtime and work done is based on billable hours, which sometimes means I've worked more time than I've billed, but it's never been excessive and I've never been blamed for anything that wasn't actually my fault.

- Management shields us from any messy aspects of the business, such as frustrated clients, billing, legal aspects, etc. We'll take any client we think we can help, but if a project ever hits a snag (whether a temporary bump or relationship-hurting), the dev team doesn't have to worry too much about it.

Tech:

- Ticket tracking system
    - Open to new/modern technology
    - Focuses on good architecture and modern development approaches over immediate client demands (unless they really push for it)
    - Roughly 2-week agile cycles on most projects until crunch time kicks in

Cons

- Doesn't have a huge snack bar like some other companies do, but most of us go down to Marsh or a local restaurant to eat, anyways.

- Not quite up to using Node.JS, client-side application frameworks, automated browser testing, SignalR, etc. yet, but I think that'll happen as soon as we find some free time and/or some of the technologies become more standardized within the Microsoft ecosystem. (If that ever happens.)

We are an amazing little company. A little biased though since I'm a partner.

Current Employee - Member in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Member in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Level Up Development full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lets see, we are a young and growing company that prides ourselves on being the best at what we do.

Cons

We are young so we learn some things here an there. Not sure that's a con though.

Your amazing!!!