LevelUp

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

A great place to work.

Boston, MA

ProsLevelUp is a great place to work. The company is growing quickly and there are plenty of opportunities to advance within the company in a short period of time.

The payments space in general is a very interesting space to work in, especially since LevelUp is considered a leader in this space. You also get to work with a lot of really cool clients in the restaurant space who are doing some really neat things throughout the country.

The benefits and culture here can't be beat. LevelUp is a young, growing company with a work-hard play-hard culture and the company takes care of their own (free lunch, paid health care, free t passes, etc).

ConsWhile LevelUp is a mature startup, there are certainly ups and down that come with the company's growth. LevelUp isn't for anyone, but if you believe in what the company is building and work hard to support the company's success you will enjoy your career here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain an honest and open communication channel with employees. More stock options too!

Lots of benefits and no work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsLots of good benefits, OK salary, free food and fully paid health care and T-pass.

ConsBad stock options; pretty much they throw paltry sums at you worth a farthing. If you are looking for a pre-ipo company that you think you will contribute to and make huge amounts later then stop looking here and go elsewhere. Substandard set of employees. Not the brightest set of people around; lots of them don't have fundamentals but think they are the smartest. Not much work to do as well in some teams ; have no idea why they are even hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more stocks and better quality work and hire smarter people.

Can't imagine a better place to work. AWESOME environment

Boston, MA

ProsFree food all day, health care, everyone is super quirky, friendly and cool, laid back atmosphere. No clue about the post about kool-aid. I've never even seen it in our fridges. I'm super happy to be here. We all hang out all day while doing our work. It's also not too often that you get the option to work in a bean bag!

ConsSometimes I wish we would move faster in different areas

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open about next moves. I wanna know what were doing next!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LevelUp is really headed in the right direction

ProsOffers tons of responsibility to smart, capable people. Company culture gets an A+, as everyone has their own side projects that are super interesting. They're doing a great job at figuring out how to enter new markets and make LevelUp a household name.

ConsStill very much a startup-- don't get involved if you can't handle rapid change. Employees change roles very frequently, be able to adapt quickly or you'll hate it

Missing half the story - read the SCVNGR Reviews, it is the same company.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsGreat benefits, incredible health/dental. Great PTO. Incredible food benefits

ConsYou will be lied to on day 1 and it will not stop until you get so fed up you will leave. Drink the kool-aid when you start and you will have a great time. Refrain from drinking the CEO's kool-aid and you will have a terrible experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive real updates to your employees.

Collaborative Tech Startup & Loyalty App - a workplace that offers something beyond just WORK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsWorking at LevelUp you will be guaranteed broad company exposure and can expect to be welcomed with open arms. From the start I got to experience the incredibly supportive team dynamic-- from nights out with the team, to volunteering and birthday celebrations I learned that you work just as hard as you play. The environment is young, energetic, and entrepreneurial and for me was an enjoyable place to be.

ConsNot really a con- Keep in mind LevelUp is a startup, so prepare to experience many different roles in a short period of time. If you are not flexible, a startup environment may not be a place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being passionate about what you do. It is an inspiration.

Sounds great, but be careful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment, fun, free food. It's really exciting to feel like you're apart of something new and big. It's like you're on the edge of greatness! People seem really understanding and laid back.

ConsNot realistic sometimes and management seems out of touch. There are a lot of intelligent people that work at LevelUp with different backgrounds, but it doesn't seem like they really understand people with different backgrounds.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding, people who work with your company have a life and bills to pay. It's not all just fun and games, especially because you're well off.

Exciting to be apart of a young team with big ambitions

Boston, MA

ProsFun place to work and I honestly felt management cared about my future. I am left without a doubt they will go on to win the payment war.

ConsCould be more open to new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonest transparency. The employees are smarter than you give them credit for.

LevelUp has been a fast pace growth oriented whirl-wind experience since day 1

Enterprise Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsHighly motivated and talented coworkers.
    Leader in the industry.
    Fun company culture
    Great Product .

ConsMust always be ready for change.
    Must be willing to adapt quickly

Advice to Senior Managementalways take the time to listen to your employees

Great Company with an awesome work culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsGreat work environment with awesome benefits including free food and other perks. For a software engineer it provides awesome startup culture with benefits of a financial firm. Most engineers are highly experienced or are from best schools like MIT.

ConsDrive to Boston from outside is the hard part.

Advice to Senior Managementmore stock options for engineers

Worked for LevelUp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LevelUp reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by LevelUp employees.