Levi, Ray and Shoup

Add Photos

Richard H Levi

Awesome

Software Consultant (Former Employee) Springfield, IL

ProsGood benefits, good pay, shrimp cocktail and booze at quarterly meetings

Constough to get a permanent position with the company

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a bad start but keep looking

Pros4 month training program
    Some recruiters were nice-people were often friendly toward me
    Pay was alright
    Interview was super easy

ConsLack of respect from management-constantly used scare tactics to get us to perform
    Having an opinion was strongly frowned upon
    Little or no diversity within company
    "Shut up and go along with it" mentality
    Very easy to get mentally burnt out

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat us like workers not like gum on the bottom of your shoe

Ridiculous sales vision and process, no product development, poor executive management

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsSolid product for old mainframes.

ConsNo R&D or product development for new products; extremely outdated product line make is extremely difficult to penetrate the increasing virtual, open and cloud environments. In fact a Director said to a group of sales reps that "LRS will not be spending money on new development." He mentioned this will trying to make a case to sell into current (already saturated) accounts. I knew then that this company is doomed.
    Horrible sales management process that has the whole group of executives fly out on LRS owned private jets so they can grill you on your pipeline. They have no trust of the sales managers as they even grill the manager. Obviously, there needs to be accountability but sitting if front of 7-9 executives for 2-3 hours is hardly the way. Make sure you ask about this if you interview there.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider some product development and trust your local offices and reps. Get rid of the horrible sales processes and get up to date with products. Customers are rapidly moving away from mainframe architectures. Stop resting on your mainframe base.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software developer, printing group.

ProsNice work environment. Appreciation for bright minds.

ConsHR rep has been very unprofessional--he is too young and very brash.

Great Company

Account Executive (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWorld class solutions that are recognized hands down as best of breed. Debt free and well established in the industry. Company owns several private jets that sales team can utilize for travel. Big company with small town values.

ConsMicro management. LRS is a technology driven company in lieu of sales driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave high performers alone and let them do what it takes to win.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Micromanaged, lack of trust, poor sales vision, hard to make a decent living

Account Manager (Current Employee) Glastonbury, CT

ProsLocal team, reputation of their products and services. They are a middleware provider and do very well in Healthcare acoounts but they expect C-Level mindshare for middleware products that are far from top of mind

Consmicromanaged, obsolete sales vision, lack of trust. Desire to break into SAP market does not reflect the market needs. They are more comncerned with cold call volume than meaningful contacts. They win when less than 5 or 30 reps make quota. Very profitable but their pay scale is below market

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace marketing and social media. Build more channel sales alliances and enrtust the sales team to deliver

Programmer

ProsGreat place to work and grow as a programmer

ConsNone, I really like it here especially the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

You are own your own.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWill place you in a company as long as you are qualified for the position. LRS contacted me very quickly when positions opened up, and they work really quick to get you into a company.

ConsIf something negative happens at a customer site you are basically on your own. The idea of keeping a customer is more important to LRS then how their employees are treated. The recruiter I worked with I found to be very disorganised.

Always there for their employees and clients.

IT Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsAlways willing to help to ensure the best match for both the employee and client.

ConsNone. They helped from point A to point B.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Satisfied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally speaking a stable company

ConsI can't think of any major downside.

Worked for Levi, Ray and Shoup? Contribute to the Community!