Levi Strauss

Levi Strauss Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Levi Strauss President & CEO Charles Bergh

Charles Bergh

Pros
  • Work-life balance prioritized with flexible schedules the norm(in 26 reviews)

• Company allows for a generally "fun" work environment(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The new upper management has stripped away the great Levi's culture(in 20 reviews)

• There isn't just a lack of work/life balance, there is NO(in 10 reviews)

Great work environment

Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWork with industry leaders in a creative environment. Great benefit package. Company is environmentally and socially conscious.

ConsLess than exceptional pay.

Tough work but strong legacy

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFamily company with good company values and ethics
    Company provides great benefits with some fun perks like baseball tickets, discounts, etc

ConsCompany is struggling through reorganization which is necessary, but tough to get through
    The work loads are heavy and therefore difficult at times to break out of roles and pursue other opportunities within the company

Great Company, Amazing Team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI found Levi's leadership inspiring.

ConsI did not have a negative experience

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Held Seasonal Position

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsGreat team members, good management, excellent quality products sales associates can stand behind.

ConsPossible over hired for season, hours were erratic.

Lay Offs Ongoing

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAs far as I could see, it was a very 9-5 culture, easy hours, convenient cafeteria and employee discount.

ConsOffice space is disheveled so if you are a neat freak, it can be overwhelming. They had mass layoffs in April and as press releases will tell you are continuing to do so for the next 12-18 months. All my job communications were for a full time position but I started as a contractor only three days a week which was very misleading.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't bring on more people when you have ongoing lay off plans.

Long-term strategies constantly changing and always in reorg mode

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIconic brand, great history and legacy.

ConsConstant state of reorg layers on top of existing work to build new strategies which, in turn, are abandoned at when they do not bear immediate results.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with a strategy and let it play out. The change enables lack of execution which ultimately is where any strategy - no matter how great - fails.

Sales Associate at Levis

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGetting to represent the store, and getitng low priced jeans, they keep it clean

Consthe employees are rude and people fight for hours. Over worked and underpaid. They are super anal as well.

Large Company, lots of changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat brand, cool and smart people

ConsLots of reorganization means lots of changes, layoffs, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent.

Great People and Legacy, Terrible Management

Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLS & Co has a very talented and smart workforce, very open floor plan (I personally like but others don't), casual dress code, offers a flexible work schedule, great vacation benefits and OK medical benefits.

ConsUnfortunately, there are continuous reorgs / layoffs (almost yearly), an upper management team that can't make decisions and can't stick with a vision or strategy, a VERY political atmosphere where favoritism trumps performance, limited opportunities for advancement and a poor work / life balance as each reorg requires remaining staff to take on more workload with no incremental pay or title change. The company also has a large debt that's publicly held, limiting overall growth while making the environment VERY stressful on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually, this is advice to the Board of Directors. Clean house at all levels of upper management. You have a very frustrated work force right now.

i love working for Levi's

Stylist/Visuals (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsManagement really cares and will work with any schedule you give them. potential to grow with company.

Consi dont really have any cons. The only one would be it is really hard to get more then 15 hours in a week when its not close to christmas.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Levi Strauss? Contribute to the Community!