Levi Strauss Reviews

Reset

1. levis

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Hampton, GA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Hampton, GA

I worked at Levi Strauss (Less than a year)

Pros

you get a steady 40 hours per week

Cons

I don't think theres not enough overtime

2. Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Whittier, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Whittier, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss (More than a year)

Pros

It has a great culture, lots of history in the company. Room for advancement. Systems are outdated though

Cons

long hours, folding lots of jeans, low pay, management does not train a lot, merchandising levels are to intensive.

Advice to Management

pay more attentions to training in the sales department. Marketing is a big part of the business but it is the easiest to critrique

3. Was a great place

Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They get 3 stars because when I started at Levi's in 2010 it was a fun exciting place to work with smart and insightful colleagues. They focus on a good work/life balance and they had opportunities to do community service or other activities to help promote LS&Co.

Cons

Once Chip took the role as CEO and the Hass family stepped away from the company, the soul of Levi's vanished. There were multiple rounds of layoffs, even after the most profitable year in the last 5. Many departments were outsourced to save $ even while profits continued to rise.

Advice to Management

Bring back the culture that made Levi's the brand it once was

5. Levi Strauss Strategy Intern

Pros

- great culture - Great intern exposure and exprience

Cons

- Low hourly wage as compared to other companies

6. Very Needy Company

Former Employee - Retail Supervisor - Visual Merchandising in Destin, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Supervisor - Visual Merchandising in Destin, FL

I worked at Levi Strauss part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment CAN be fun and energetic, but that all depends on the store manager, customers are usually fun to work with, the store will usually work with your 2nd job/school schedules, great job for students, pretty good culture if they kept things simple

Cons

Pay is inadequate and they will start you off at the lowest level of pay vs. what you're worth, hours are cut frequently, hours fluctuate, training isn't very lengthy - you're kind of thrown into the environment, specifically the store managers at my location were lazy and a lot of the work fell on the rest of the mid-management staff, high employee turnover, not a whole lot of promoting within, the company itself is very needy and constantly making changes to the company policies/procedures/systems that aren't beneficial to the retail side of the company, the management will cheat you out of overtime hours

Advice to Management

Retail is EASY, but why do you have to make it so hard? Keep it simple and your employees will stay a lot longer, and you will get a whole lot more out of people.

7. OMS -COM

Former Employee - Order Management Specialist in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Order Management Specialist in Eugene, OR

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for the company for three years and though it ended with me getting laid off I can say that I truly loved working for this company. My fellow co-workers were excellent for training as well as just excellent people. The company is very good about allowing a work/life balance as time off is great same for paid holidays.

Cons

When COM is given a deadline to enter data for an account, the sales department that is responsible for sending the data to enter, needs to have a deadline to send that info over of at least one full day before the actual deadline to have the info entered. There were too many times that in the last hour of the final day of a deadline, sales were still trying to gather info from customers which puts a strain on all parties involved. I found this to be unnecessary since they knew weeks and in some cases months ahead of the deadline.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make it appear that the company has more of a profit by sending work to India and keep this a truly American company. Also, it's generally not OK to state in a company wide email that Levi met an important goal by getting rid of "low value workers". This was sent out before we even had an exit date. It was quite demoralizing. And frankly, if we were so low value, why was management terrified to give us a exit date for so long??

8. An alright first job

Former Employee - Cashier in Waipahu, HI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Waipahu, HI

I worked at Levi Strauss part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay higher than minimum wage. Teach really well customer service skills.

Cons

Not much room to grow within the company. They designate you to one job and thats really all you do through out your shift.

Advice to Management

Management did their best with what they were given. They aren't able to give out that much hours. At the location I was at I think it would be better to hire less and give more hours, it would keep the employees a lot more happy.

9. Pioneer spirited company

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time

Pros

Nice work environment. Learn interesting facts about denim!

Cons

Outdated technology.Terrible music choice. Too much of busy work.

10. Product Development Assistant

Former Employee - Pda in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Pda in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time

Pros

Privately owned company, so benefits start on your first day of work. They had company meetings with an open bar that served beer and wine.

Cons

Unrealistic management expectations, with minimal onboard training. Seems there is a complete disconnect between upper management and their subordinates. It was pretty standard to work 10-12 hour work days.

Advice to Management

A long,established company like Levi.s cannot change its entire company structure overnight. What may sound good in theory, doesn't always translate well into reality.

11. 50/50

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Levi Strauss part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great environment to learn new languages and meet new people. The competition between employees for top sales was fun if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

Management wasn't understanding at all, they made up new store policies for the sake of trying to win a debate with an employees and they gave out correctives for everything. Oh and people would be making $5,000 to $11,000 in sales per a day and won't get a GOOD incentive. Just a $5 gift card. Most of management was Hispanic so there was favoritism with the store associates who were and even the district manager. Its extremely hard to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Be more open and laid back. Stop assuming everything is going to go wrong if employees start talking. And no there are no customers over in my section so leave me alone I'm top seller and my area is clean. Sheesh!

RSS Feed </> Embed