Leviton

Leviton President and CEO Donald J. Hendler

Donald J. Hendler

Great, until NAFTA

Die Maintenance (Former Employee) West Jefferson, NC

ProsPay was good..Work was plentiful.

ConsAs most American companies, they shutdown and moved to Mexico (Over 500 employees in 2 plants)

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice for management, like talking to a brick wall.

Very hands off management style

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsGood benefits, people you work with are very professional. Free crappy coffee.

ConsUpper management has no clue. Pay is not competitive. They are always behind the competitors. Not a technology centric company at all. Forget about promotions. They only take care of people at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage with your employees. Change the distribution model. It does not work effectively. Take the time to invest in your company and your employees. You will retain the good talent that you let slip through your fingers. And no not everyone is replaceable!!

Awesome place to work for.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsGreat atmosphere, good people, challenging work, management is knowledgeable and supportive. Good place to work for overall

ConsCompensation could be a bit better. More opportunities could help support the morale. Leadership is somewhat scarce but not completely missing.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees a little more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong management

Director (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsThe Executive Management especially the COO has turned this company around and made it a best in class company. The strategy developed for growth and profitability is right on.
    The company is matrix so sometime difficult to keep everyone happy but the executive management and business unit general managers are really good at keeping everyone aligned with the strategic objectives.
    The pay is for performance and compensation is good.

ConsIt is great that Leviton is still a family run company but the family members are ineffective, show up sometimes, add zero value and frankly create a bad working environment. The family members at the top are completely useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the family members to stay home. Frankly it's insulting.

The worst company I have ever worked for

Marketing (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsThey provide free parking and coffee

ConsLow moral, management is weak, firings and layoffs are a regular event. Very high turnover. Do not expect a raise, expect their eyebrows to raise. Pay is low

Advice to Senior ManagementNA, they will not listen.

It is a excellent company to work for

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsIt lets you innovate.
    It has good vacation policy
    It gives you good amount of sick days
    It gives a good year-end bonus

ConsPay is not so great.
    Promotions do not happen often

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the engineers

Learning Experience

MRP Clerk/Finish Good Planner (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsGreat work environment. MFG Plant was under great leadership.

ConsThe plant was to be shutdown by end of 2013 and operations were to move to Mexico.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Very Traditional, Slowly Changing, Good Products

E-commerce Coordinator (Former Employee) Melville, NY

ProsIf you work in the newer and up & coming departments, they're run better. They're getting into a lot of energy management systems and their COO seems like a smart guy. You get cubes with high walls which is rare now a days. New stuff includes Electric Vehicles stuff, so that's kind of cool

ConsThe IT is about 20 years old, however the computers they give you are good. They're too attached to older systems used for manufacturing. Most people working here are 45+ but hiring lots of young-ins so that's a plus.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bringing the change, the environment is getting better especially for a home electrical company.

Great experience and career opportunities. Leviton values the well being of their employees and promote that.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsTraining and certificates received where i could utilize them with another company. Close contact with the corporate office in NY.

ConsMicromanagement. Always changing attendance policy without ever changing it in the policy handbook.

Leviton is ok but has hang ups

ProsWell, it still is a family company;

Consit's on with leviton? c'mon, that's corny.

Worked for Leviton? Contribute to the Community!