Levy Restaurants

Updated September 1, 2014
3.3

Levy Restaurants President & CEO Andy Lansing
Andy Lansing

Pros
  • It's fun to work in Sports and Entertainment (in 7 reviews)

• Great work environment at headquarters; friendly environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • It is nearly impossible to have a work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Compensation not enough for long hours worked (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great People, Great Environment! I love it!

Current Employee - Restaurant Server in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Restaurant Server in Miami, FL

I have been working at Levy Restaurants part-time (more than an year)

Pros

So much fun, great energy, such a team and family spirit.

Cons

I wish it was all year and not just seasonal :(

Keep up the great work as leaders who engage as part of the team and work side by side with all of your employees! It is great for learning and feeling a true sense of importance and belonging!

I am a prep..I prepare foods clean and run foods to the customers

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Miami, FL

I have been working at Levy Restaurants part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reason is I have lot of fun and they have good customer services

Cons

It's a fast pacing area you have to provide quick and fast service

Interesting, enlightening, frightful

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Levy Restaurants part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with, very intelligence across the board. Not the cream of the crop for hired, especially seasonal, but overall very friendly, easy to deal with, and fairly smart.

Cons

Not overly skilled for the work required, not very energetic to do the work, either. Pay is not bad for hourly, more so than some fast food restaurants, but workers tend to do a little as possible but expect pay. In turn, people are picked up for whatever job is available rather than skilled in that particular work.

Have some insight into the company, into strategic view. Most managers were only aware of their entity, little interactions or cares for associated offices or entities. Need to think in terms of longevity, not in terms of now. Your supervisors think in terms of now, trust them, do your job and think in longer terms. This will help save Levy a lot of money, time, and create a better management atmosphere.

I was a suite attendant for the suite boxes and felt that management didn't support or notice my exceptional service.

Current Employee - Suite Attendant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Suite Attendant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Levy Restaurants part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Meeting the guests in the suites
    -Working with other great employees
    -Learning about the complexity of running a baseball stadium like Marlins Ballpark
    -Earning great tip income thanks to management lack of effort to rotate the good suites. So many other Suite Attendants made half of what I did.

Cons

-Bad communication and support from runners and kitchen staff to properly address guest needs relayed by the suite attendant
    -Suite guest bills averaged above $1000 per night and if a problem arose, management lacked urgency to respond to the satisfaction of the guest.
    -Managers could be easily manipulated to believe that a suite attendant was doing a great job or bad one. This resulted in unfair assignment of suites favoring other suite attnedants to receive better tip opportunities.
    -Management in charge of assigning suites consisting did not care about providing all suite attendants an equal chance of making tip income by not rotating the suites that usually tipped zero.

-You should care more of your suite attendants and maintain a shared prosperity, otherwise you will continue to lose revenue by the loss of morale in less producing suite. Failing to balance Suite Attendant assignment = loss of sales revenue

It was a good learning experience.

Former Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Miami, FL

I worked at Levy Restaurants

Pros

I learned how to go the extra mile for the customers. There was a good work environment. I loved my job.

Cons

I did not think that the pay was good because, the section that I was working for was expensive to dine and I was making minimum wage.

The management was perfect, I could always contact my manager whenever I needed to. We had meetings on how can we approve the management.

Levy Restaurants Photos