Lewan & Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fred Cannataro

Lewan & Associates

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunity to earn. You will get out what you put in (for the most part). Incredibly good way to discover whether or not you have the stomach for sales. Trainers are amazing. You will learn a lot about sales and yourself. I highly recommend.

ConsWhen times are tough, busy work becomes the go-to. Often the collective strategy for increased sales is counter-intuitive and counter-productive. Lately the organization seems to have lost sight of what the key motivator for sales professionals truly is.....money.

Advice to Senior Managementnot much to say. I think you are all capable and fair....A little less busy work and allow for appropriate flexibility

Wasted years working for this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe pros for this company: I finally left to find a much better paying position based in technology. This company says it supports women in their industry but in fact it does not.

ConsFor the position I held there was absolutely no training. I had to figure everything out on my own. Pay was extremely low for the qualification that I had. The culture (because it is sales based) is a "Shark "Pit."

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management of this company would benefit from being more professional. If a sales person decided to leave the upper management would bad mouth them to other employees. Upper management needs to get to know their employees and quit sitting behind their desks and hiding.

A million monkeys flinging poo and banging on typewriters (or copiers, in this case)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIf you are into copiers, this is the place to be. The office is generally "happy"; people seem to like working there and there are many people doing mindless, no-career jobs that have been there for 20+ years.

ConsThe company if full of small people building their own little empires.

No one can tell you what your goals are. When you ask, they tell you the company is an entrepreneurial company and everyone should make their own destiny. They use that as an excuse to blame you if you cannot read their mind and do what they expect you to do.

I never once was given a job description, and then let go because I did not show any "passion" for the opportunities they had given to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to selling copiers. You were passable at that, especially in the 70s and 80s when you did not have any competition. You certainly are not qualified to call yourselves a technology company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a very competitive, commodity industry.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fort Collins, CO

ProsTechnology training is provided. You have the freedom to schedule your days. The sales territories are geographically-assigned, so you can pursue any prospect that is in your territory.

ConsIt's very challenging to get qualified appointments over the phone, mainly because the majority of small businesses believe that "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

Advice to Senior ManagementRide along with your new reps so they can learn by example how to progress through the entire sales cycle.

A company that talks about how good it is but doesn't show it.

Field Technician (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAs a temp field technician you can get several low paying contracts.

ConsVery low pay. Little if any training, but the employee is the one to blame for it. Lack of communication. Project management and coordination are disorganized and employee support seems to be lacking. They tend to talk down to employees and are a bit condescending.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better. Treat your people like they are human beings.

Company that lost sight of what it did well.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThis company showed my why I really dig my heels in and look for a company with a GREAT culture. They strengthened my resolve to work for companies who respect me and my value to company as a whole.

ConsManagement structure has Director level staff who can't approve a single pen. The VP level staff really only care about one thing and that is making sure Global Imaging gets is share. This company needs to realize the staff are who make or break a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementProviding advice to the management would be as useful as explaining a story line from a movie to my dog. Actually, that's unfair to my dog.

They are just another care nothing corporation

Field Technician (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFor a long time they were flexible and cared, you could arrange time for work life balance, but not anymore. Their culture was the greatest, now its just Xerox light.

ConsYou can only take time off if you have fto, if family is sick and you don't they will give you a written warning despite family leave act. If they don't train you and you can't find enough work they will trump up a reason and fire you to avoid severance. That's even if you worked on things without certs, they don't pay you more, and the milks for free, why buy the cow.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the right thing, really make sure you know what that is, pay a living wage, and don't fire a good employee for bogus reasons that nobody understands. Your remaining employees don't think you acted well, and their morale is damaged now. Train people so they have enough work, and pay them accordingly.

Started out great, downhill ever since

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSome of the other techsare great guys to work with, some of the management are great but overall they need more people skill training

ConsMicro manage, don't feel they trust techs enough to think on their own, a lot of "me" type techs

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your field techs ahead of everyone else because they are in front of your customers the most and customers are what is driving your business and they can tell that the tech that comes in the office to do maintainence are not a happy group.

Outdated Business Model and Leadership Style

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent mid level management, and local brand awareness for copy / print business. Some talented people in certain positions.

ConsVery outdated 1970's / 1980's business model (and office decor) where senior executives act like your parent, not business leaders. Very patronizing to employees, with an inherent distrust of their professionalism. Cult like culture where new ideas are not explored unless it's from a senior executive. Tenure is valued more than contribution to the business.

Overall, a very bland, boring environment that has talented people, but who are held back by a retro culture and a conservatism and aversion to innovation and new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people.

Sales Representative

Digital Imaging Sales Representative (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPotentially high earnings, freedom to work how you please, decent training and resources.

ConsUnrealistic expectations, brutally competitive industry, churn and burn sales people.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove advancement opportunities

Worked for Lewan & Associates? Contribute to the Community!