Lewan & Associates

2.3

Fred Cannataro

Lewan & Associates

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to earn. You will get out what you put in (for the most part). Incredibly good way to discover whether or not you have the stomach for sales. Trainers are amazing. You will learn a lot about sales and yourself. I highly recommend.

Cons

When times are tough, busy work becomes the go-to. Often the collective strategy for increased sales is counter-intuitive and counter-productive. Lately the organization seems to have lost sight of what the key motivator for sales professionals truly is.....money.

not much to say. I think you are all capable and fair....A little less busy work and allow for appropriate flexibility

Wasted years working for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pros for this company: I finally left to find a much better paying position based in technology. This company says it supports women in their industry but in fact it does not.

Cons

For the position I held there was absolutely no training. I had to figure everything out on my own. Pay was extremely low for the qualification that I had. The culture (because it is sales based) is a "Shark "Pit."

The management of this company would benefit from being more professional. If a sales person decided to leave the upper management would bad mouth them to other employees. Upper management needs to get to know their employees and quit sitting behind their desks and hiding.

A million monkeys flinging poo and banging on typewriters (or copiers, in this case)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are into copiers, this is the place to be. The office is generally "happy"; people seem to like working there and there are many people doing mindless, no-career jobs that have been there for 20+ years.

Cons

The company if full of small people building their own little empires.

No one can tell you what your goals are. When you ask, they tell you the company is an entrepreneurial company and everyone should make their own destiny. They use that as an excuse to blame you if you cannot read their mind and do what they expect you to do.

I never once was given a job description, and then let go because I did not show any "passion" for the opportunities they had given to me.

Go back to selling copiers. You were passable at that, especially in the 70s and 80s when you did not have any competition. You certainly are not qualified to call yourselves a technology company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that talks about how good it is but doesn't show it.

Former Employee - Field Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

As a temp field technician you can get several low paying contracts.

Cons

Very low pay. Little if any training, but the employee is the one to blame for it. Lack of communication. Project management and coordination are disorganized and employee support seems to be lacking. They tend to talk down to employees and are a bit condescending.

Communicate better. Treat your people like they are human beings.

This is a very competitive, commodity industry.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Technology training is provided. You have the freedom to schedule your days. The sales territories are geographically-assigned, so you can pursue any prospect that is in your territory.

Cons

It's very challenging to get qualified appointments over the phone, mainly because the majority of small businesses believe that "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

Ride along with your new reps so they can learn by example how to progress through the entire sales cycle.

Company that lost sight of what it did well.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company showed my why I really dig my heels in and look for a company with a GREAT culture. They strengthened my resolve to work for companies who respect me and my value to company as a whole.

Cons

Management structure has Director level staff who can't approve a single pen. The VP level staff really only care about one thing and that is making sure Global Imaging gets is share. This company needs to realize the staff are who make or break a company.

Providing advice to the management would be as useful as explaining a story line from a movie to my dog. Actually, that's unfair to my dog.

They are just another care nothing corporation

Former Employee - Field Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

For a long time they were flexible and cared, you could arrange time for work life balance, but not anymore. Their culture was the greatest, now its just Xerox light.

Cons

You can only take time off if you have fto, if family is sick and you don't they will give you a written warning despite family leave act. If they don't train you and you can't find enough work they will trump up a reason and fire you to avoid severance. That's even if you worked on things without certs, they don't pay you more, and the milks for free, why buy the cow.

Do the right thing, really make sure you know what that is, pay a living wage, and don't fire a good employee for bogus reasons that nobody understands. Your remaining employees don't think you acted well, and their morale is damaged now. Train people so they have enough work, and pay them accordingly.

Started out great, downhill ever since

Current Employee - Field Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the other techsare great guys to work with, some of the management are great but overall they need more people skill training

Cons

Micro manage, don't feel they trust techs enough to think on their own, a lot of "me" type techs

Put your field techs ahead of everyone else because they are in front of your customers the most and customers are what is driving your business and they can tell that the tech that comes in the office to do maintainence are not a happy group.

Outdated Business Model and Leadership Style

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent mid level management, and local brand awareness for copy / print business. Some talented people in certain positions.

Cons

Very outdated 1970's / 1980's business model (and office decor) where senior executives act like your parent, not business leaders. Very patronizing to employees, with an inherent distrust of their professionalism. Cult like culture where new ideas are not explored unless it's from a senior executive. Tenure is valued more than contribution to the business.

Overall, a very bland, boring environment that has talented people, but who are held back by a retro culture and a conservatism and aversion to innovation and new ideas.

Trust your people.

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Digital Imaging Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Digital Imaging Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates

Pros

Potentially high earnings, freedom to work how you please, decent training and resources.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, brutally competitive industry, churn and burn sales people.

Improve advancement opportunities

Worked for Lewan & Associates? Contribute to the Community!