www.lewan.com

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
2.6

Fred Cannataro

Entrepreneurial Environment keeps excited and challenged

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial
    Open Minded
    Get out of your way to allow you to succeed but you have to be self driven

Cons

Could use better systems/automation
    Better leverage the technology we sell and implement at our customers internally

Share the vision more often

Good Place to Work

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As someone that has worked for the VARs in the area I have the least amount of issues with Lewan. There is no micro-management and you set that work schedule, which is good testament of my manger. Good team work and nice people overall to work with. Training ops and billable goal awards are plentiful. You truly get out of this what you put in as everyone can sell and deliver.

Cons

Base pay is a little low but everything is incentive based where bonus's can be earned. Sometimes bottlenecks can be encountered where there is dead time between customers. There is a heavy reliance on the managed services side of the company on others as they lack the skills to do what they need. Some of the technology behind the curtain is ugly, dated and usually a single point o failure.

Keep doing what you do. Need to bring in some individuals that will alleviate these bottlenecks. I know of a few employees that have left because of too much downtime on the job and they simply didn't get things assigned to them.

Great Company with strong career opportuniteis

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lewan has been a great company to work for. They value my efforts and have provided a great team oriented atmosphere and a family friendly place to work.

Cons

Lewan wants you to be truly dedicated to their success. If you don't want to love the company you work for this is not the company for you.

Keep on recognizing the wonderful people who work for you.

Many years and still spinning my wheels

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time

Pros

The benefits are really nice. A lot of options...well for now. Word is that is about to change this fall per HR. Work hours are stable except during a crunch time then you are worked past a breaking point. Has just remodeled a lot of the corporate offices. Offers really nice personal time a month.

Cons

You have to pay to park at work. Like up to $240 a year!!!! If you don't then you are parking with me on a side street down the road. Under paid. Under appreciated. Over looked & over worked. HR has the companies back only, even if they tell you otherwise.

Increase wages. Listen to the grunts for solutions more. Promote within and get a better processing program for the company. Still using software from the 80's.

Corporate

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Genuine team atmosphere where everyone is invested in your success. Management is open to suggestions and empowers us to execute new ideas. Tuition reimbursement, great benefits, and understanding of the individuals needs especially for a working parent like myself.

Cons

Company is a sales organization which is not always for everyone, great training and support but if sales is not for you, you will not like long term.

Run! or you will be stuck here forever with no income and tons of promises

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time

Pros

A job. Health ins. that is about it....

Cons

Lack of management. Under paid compared to business avg in Denver. No compassion and angry employees that have been here 15+ years.

Management! Where are they? There is lower level "managers" and CEO & CFO's. No one actually cares about the middle ground. Stop talking and actually do something about the issues. Try to keep the good employees and stop chasing them away for the angry Lewan vets.

Company that says one thing and always does another.

I have been working at Lewan & Associates full-time

Pros

The benefits is about it for pros.

Cons

Lack of management. Everyone knows your personal business, even items that should stay in HR. Free for all and no one is held accountable. UNDER paid by industry standards for most positions. For a "technology" company they lack any real technology in their company. OLD school processes and equipment but selling new age stuff to others.

Bring pay scales up to be more in line with regional averages. Make a management program for up and comers. Use what you sell.

Wasted years working for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pros for this company: I finally left to find a much better paying position based in technology. This company says it supports women in their industry but in fact it does not.

Cons

For the position I held there was absolutely no training. I had to figure everything out on my own. Pay was extremely low for the qualification that I had. The culture (because it is sales based) is a "Shark "Pit."

The management of this company would benefit from being more professional. If a sales person decided to leave the upper management would bad mouth them to other employees. Upper management needs to get to know their employees and quit sitting behind their desks and hiding.

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to earn. You will get out what you put in (for the most part). Incredibly good way to discover whether or not you have the stomach for sales. Trainers are amazing. You will learn a lot about sales and yourself. I highly recommend.

Cons

When times are tough, busy work becomes the go-to. Often the collective strategy for increased sales is counter-intuitive and counter-productive. Lately the organization seems to have lost sight of what the key motivator for sales professionals truly is.....money.

not much to say. I think you are all capable and fair....A little less busy work and allow for appropriate flexibility

A million monkeys flinging poo and banging on typewriters (or copiers, in this case)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewan & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are into copiers, this is the place to be. The office is generally "happy"; people seem to like working there and there are many people doing mindless, no-career jobs that have been there for 20+ years.

Cons

The company if full of small people building their own little empires.

No one can tell you what your goals are. When you ask, they tell you the company is an entrepreneurial company and everyone should make their own destiny. They use that as an excuse to blame you if you cannot read their mind and do what they expect you to do.

I never once was given a job description, and then let go because I did not show any "passion" for the opportunities they had given to me.

Go back to selling copiers. You were passable at that, especially in the 70s and 80s when you did not have any competition. You certainly are not qualified to call yourselves a technology company.